Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 11:34:57 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Sometimes I notice something that everyone else seems to have missed
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 19:34 UTC

(corrected re-post as I failed to notice that
I incorrectly used the word "conversions"
when I intended to use the word "conversa-
tions" in the 2nd paragraph of the post)

Preface: The following play directly impacts the
NFC playoff seed positioning, & with the Cowboys
involved in that, & with Dak's inaccuracy problems
which have cropped up since his injury, therein re-
sides the pertinence of the following:

With all the conversations about the Ravens fail-
ing to make a 2 point conversion that cost them
the game at the end, a 31-30 loss, I noticed some-
thing from the repeated replays of that play that
everyone else seems to have ignored / dismissed
/ failed to see / failed to mention as if it hadn't
happened.

Tyler Huntley, for all the commendations about him
leading a comeback from being 14 points behind,
scoring 4 TDs in the game with the last 2 being TD
runs amid the comeback & the first 2 being earlier
in the game TD passes, I haven't seen anyone com-
menting that on the 2 point conversion attempt:

1) The entire Ravens team moved to the right
on that play, practically telegraphing their intent,
the Packers defense responding accordingly

2) Wide receiver Marquise Brown was wide open
but Huntley was so focused on throwing to tight
end Andrews that he didn't seem to notice or con-
sider throwing to Marquise Brown

3) Even though the Packers responded with their
entire defense moving in the direction the Ravens
had telegraphed to the Packers, Andrews was open
enough that -if- Huntley had thrown an *accurate*
pass it should've been complete, but Huntley's pass
was far off the mark, thrown to a spot where ...

.... Andrews *had been*, not where he was, as if
Huntley expected him to stop where Huntley threw
it - neither player has commented that that's what
happened, so it appears that Huntley simply threw
an inaccurate pass

4) I haven't seen anyone else mention that pass was
*inaccurate*, instead blaming a plethora of other fac-
tors for the poorly thrown pass

Video showing Huntley's last TD run and the 2 point
conversion attempt (apologies for annoying 15 sec-
ond ad which plays before the mentioned plays):
https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/32906114

~~~

It appears almost everyone is/was so focused on
Huntley's successes during that game, some call-
ing him heroic, that they __?__ (choose one: failed
to notice, neglected to notice, ignored, denied as
if it didn't happen, blamed anyone but Huntley for)
the inaccuracy of his last pass.