From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: New NFL head coaches
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 13:09:38 -0500
Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.10.2
 by: Robin Miller - Tue, 8 Feb 2022 18:09 UTC

(from The Athletic)

The NFL coaching carousel officially stopped spinning Monday, as the
Saints promoted defensive coordinator Dennis Allen to the top job,
replacing longtime head coach Sean Payton. Let’s take stock of how
things ended up:

Bears: Matt Eberflus
Giants: Brian Daboll
Broncos: Nathaniel Hackett
Dolphins: Mike McDaniel
Jaguars: Doug Pederson
Raiders: Josh McDaniels
Saints: Dennis Allen
Texans: Lovie Smith
Vikings: Kevin O'Connell

--Robin

Re: New NFL head coaches

<342ad046-6542-4f8a-8a8a-e153c8fced3dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1870&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#1870

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 12:34:04 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: New NFL head coaches
From: phlas...@msn.com (phlash74)
 by: phlash74 - Tue, 8 Feb 2022 20:34 UTC

On Tuesday, February 8, 2022 at 10:09:43 AM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
> (from The Athletic)
>

> The NFL coaching carousel officially stopped spinning Monday, as the
> Saints promoted defensive coordinator Dennis Allen to the top job,
> replacing longtime head coach Sean Payton. Let’s take stock of how
> things ended up:
>
> Bears: Matt Eberflus
> Giants: Brian Daboll
> Broncos: Nathaniel Hackett
> Dolphins: Mike McDaniel
> Jaguars: Doug Pederson
> Raiders: Josh McDaniels
> Saints: Dennis Allen
> Texans: Lovie Smith
> Vikings: Kevin O'Connell
>

> --Robin

I'm so happy the Raiders hired McDaniels. He was a disaster in Denver and there were a lot of reports that several Raiders players were going to be extremely upset if Bisaccia didn't get the job after leading them to the playoffs.

Best hire was probably Pederson in Jacksonville, good choice to try to develop Trevor Lawrence. And Daboll might be able to help Daniel Jones in NY.

Michael

Re: New NFL head coaches

<j6g3csF5f7fU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1871&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#1871

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 15:50:33 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Tue, 8 Feb 2022 20:50 UTC

phlash74 wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 8, 2022 at 10:09:43 AM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
>> (from The Athletic)
>>

>> The NFL coaching carousel officially stopped spinning Monday, as the
>> Saints promoted defensive coordinator Dennis Allen to the top job,
>> replacing longtime head coach Sean Payton. Let’s take stock of how
>> things ended up:
>>
>> Bears: Matt Eberflus
>> Giants: Brian Daboll
>> Broncos: Nathaniel Hackett
>> Dolphins: Mike McDaniel
>> Jaguars: Doug Pederson
>> Raiders: Josh McDaniels
>> Saints: Dennis Allen
>> Texans: Lovie Smith
>> Vikings: Kevin O'Connell
>>

>> --Robin
>
> I'm so happy the Raiders hired McDaniels. He was a disaster in Denver and there were a lot of reports that several Raiders players were going to be extremely upset if Bisaccia didn't get the job after leading them to the playoffs.
>
> Best hire was probably Pederson in Jacksonville, good choice to try to develop Trevor Lawrence. And Daboll might be able to help Daniel Jones in NY.
>
> Michael

Why didn't the Raiders hire Bisaccia, I wonder? He ended up as the
special teams coach in Green Bay. While special teams has always been
his field, he seemed to do a good job as interim HC with the Raiders,
and, as you say, the players liked him.

--Robin