From: eddiegr...@hotmail.com (Eddie Grove)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: PFF two QB charts
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 15:51:38 -0800
 by: Eddie Grove - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 23:51 UTC

Truth be told, I have found many of PFF's ratings to be mistaken in my
personal opinion. The only reason I was looking was because of some
hypocritical attempt on my part to find evidence condemning Jimmy G.
Here are a couple of charts I found starting from a Niners fan site.
https://www.ninersnation.com/2022/2/22/22945302/san-francisco-49ers-jimmy-garoppolo-pff-2021-season-quarterback-annual
No point in clicking on that link. I just like to include references.

The first chart compares throws from a clean pocket vs under pressure.
Herbert looks quite good on this one.
https://twitter.com/akashanav/status/1495821059618410496/photo/1
On the chart it says "While play under pressure is very explanatory and
impressive, play from a clean pocket is more stable and predictive of
future success." Clearly the methodology is flawed as Jimmy looks good.

The second chart compares bid-time throws vs turnover worthy throws.
This one makes Herbert out to be overly conservative.
https://twitter.com/akashanav/status/1495818992275324929/photo/1
"Big-time plays create big plays while turnover-worthy plays result in
turnovers about half the time." This chart puts Jimmy at the bottom, so
obviously you should pay more attention to this one.

Re: PFF two QB charts

<j7oddmFrkrsU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1884&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#1884

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: Re: PFF two QB charts
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 22:46:56 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 03:46 UTC

Eddie Grove wrote:
> Truth be told, I have found many of PFF's ratings to be mistaken in my
> personal opinion. The only reason I was looking was because of some
> hypocritical attempt on my part to find evidence condemning Jimmy G.
> Here are a couple of charts I found starting from a Niners fan site.
> https://www.ninersnation.com/2022/2/22/22945302/san-francisco-49ers-jimmy-garoppolo-pff-2021-season-quarterback-annual
> No point in clicking on that link. I just like to include references.
>

> The first chart compares throws from a clean pocket vs under pressure.
> Herbert looks quite good on this one.
> https://twitter.com/akashanav/status/1495821059618410496/photo/1
> On the chart it says "While play under pressure is very explanatory and
> impressive, play from a clean pocket is more stable and predictive of
> future success." Clearly the methodology is flawed as Jimmy looks good.
>

> The second chart compares bid-time throws vs turnover worthy throws.
> This one makes Herbert out to be overly conservative.
> https://twitter.com/akashanav/status/1495818992275324929/photo/1
> "Big-time plays create big plays while turnover-worthy plays result in
> turnovers about half the time." This chart puts Jimmy at the bottom, so
> obviously you should pay more attention to this one.

Interesting, thanks!

--Robin