From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: The Chargers still have holes to fill
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 15:44:14 -0400
Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.11
 by: Robin Miller - Tue, 15 Mar 2022 19:44 UTC

The Chargers still have a lot of players to re-sign or replace on the
team. The Chargers had 26 players who were slated to be free agents:

Unrestricted free agents (four or more accrued seasons): 21

QB Chase Daniel Re-signed March 15
RB Justin Jackson
WR Mike Williams Extended March 8
TE Jared Cook
TE Stephen Anderson
OG Oday Aboushi
OG Michael Schofield
C Scott Quessenberry
OL Senio Kelemete

DL Justin Jones
DL Linval Joseph
DL Christian Covington

Edge Uchenna Nwosu
Edge Kyler Fackrell

LB Kyzir White

DB Chris Harris Jr.
CB Ryan Smith
CB Davontae Harris

K Dustin Hopkins Extended March 13
LS Matt Overton
KR/PR Andre Roberts

Restricted free agents (three accrued seasons): 2

DB Trey Marshall
P Ty Long

Exclusive rights free agents (less than three accrued seasons): 3

OT Storm Norton
TE Donald Parham Tendered March 11
WR Jalen Guyton Tendered March 11

They've extended or re-signed five of them, but there are still a lot of
holes:

--RG unless Jaimes is slotted in there. I'd like to see Aboushi back,
assuming the medicals check out.

--RT assuming Bulaga is cut. I trust Pipkins as the third tackle but not
as a starter.

--RB2

--TE1, unless they re-sign Anderson and think that Parham, McKitty,
Kampmoyer and he are enough

--DE/DT unless they want to continue starting Tillery. I'd like to see
Jones return.

-- ILB unless they think that Murray can find himself. I think White is
too expensive for the Chargers' limited remaining cap space.

--third edge rusher; I don't think that Rumph and Egbule are enough. Is
Fackrell too expensive?

--punter

--long snapper

--kick returner

Plus depth almost everywhere, especially on both lines and at cornerback.

I particularly hope that Chargers re-sign Anderson, Aboushi and Andre
Roberts.

Is there any chance Justin Jackson comes back as RB3? I'm tired of
Kelley and Rountree didn't show a lot.

--Robin