From: pc+use...@asdf.org (Phil Carmody)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Subject: 5+5+5=fuckup
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2023 17:52:45 +0200
sha1:8fO7CypvfhBCdQQ9jofOFLzC3ko=
 by: Phil Carmody - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 15:52 UTC

Did he do anything right?
--
We are no longer hunters and nomads. No longer awed and frightened, as we have
gained some understanding of the world in which we live. As such, we can cast

Re: 5+5+5=fuckup

<871qm3kwhg.fsf@zotaspaz.fatphil.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=19937&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#19937

From: pc+use...@asdf.org (Phil Carmody)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Subject: Re: 5+5+5=fuckup
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2023 18:12:59 +0200
sha1:gnnxPb1UAiVxEzbpaZ8eYuvox6M=
 by: Phil Carmody - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 16:12 UTC

Phil Carmody <pc+usenet@asdf.org> writes:
> Did he do anything right?

Woh, posting to usenet on my phone with a broken keyboard is apparently
harder than it should be. 5+10+5 was what I was sure I typed.
I look forward to the post-race interviews...

--
We are no longer hunters and nomads. No longer awed and frightened, as we have
gained some understanding of the world in which we live. As such, we can cast
aside childish remnants from the dawn of our civilization.
-- NotSanguine on SoylentNews, after Eugen Weber in /The Western Tradition/

Re: 5+5+5=fuckup

<k6k63dFu941U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=19940&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#19940

From: mjack...@alumni.caltech.edu (Mark Jackson)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 13:41:49 -0500
 by: Mark Jackson - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 18:41 UTC

On 3/5/2023 11:12 AM, Phil Carmody wrote:

> 5+10+5 was what I was sure I typed.
> I look forward to the post-race interviews...

Surely the 10 is down to the crewman who started unfastening the nose
0.4 seconds too early. Could have been a DQ, but judged not significant
enough to warrant more than 10 seconds.

--
Mark Jackson - https://mark-jackson.online/
"Incineration of organic matter within it" is

Re: 5+5+5=fuckup

<87wn3vj84t.fsf@zotaspaz.fatphil.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=19944&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#19944

From: pc+use...@asdf.org (Phil Carmody)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2023 21:44:18 +0200
sha1:kVkRBzwtnTpPR/NiSxDk/0mFDhQ=
 by: Phil Carmody - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 19:44 UTC

Mark Jackson <mjackson@alumni.caltech.edu> writes:
> On 3/5/2023 11:12 AM, Phil Carmody wrote:
>
>> 5+10+5 was what I was sure I typed.
>> I look forward to the post-race interviews...
>
> Surely the 10 is down to the crewman who started unfastening the nose
> 0.4 seconds too early. Could have been a DQ, but judged not
> significant enough to warrant more than 10 seconds.

Yup, he can't be blamed for that part. We didn't get to see it, even
in replay, on the feed we were watching, so we could only guess what
happened. Fortunately, even that extra 10s couldn't have made a
difference in points scored. I still would have liked to see it,
to see how big an error it was, and whether he knew he'd fucked
up at the time. 0.4s is quite a long time in contexts like pit stops,
it should have been noticed.

The dude in control of which channels play on which screens works
from home - and just before the United/Pool match all our F1 screens
went blank, so there's an entire section of the race that I missed
- and it was the exciting part just when the final order was slotting
into place. So I might do a rewatch of the whole thing tomorrow!

Phil