From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.autos.sport.nascar
Subject: NBC's On-Screen Telemetry Appears To "Disprove" Bubba Wallace's Claims About What Led To Crash: Report
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 07:36:41 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 18 Oct 2022 11:36 UTC

A new report suggests that NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace may have falsely
claimed that his steering was broken when he slammed into the side of another
NASCAR driver during a race Sunday.

The incident happened during Stage 2 of the South Point 400 at Las Vegas
Motor Speedway when Wallace, who won Stage 1, was next to driver Kyle Larson
when Larson attempted a three-wide pass.

Larson moved up the track and his car gave a slight tap to Wallace�s car,
causing Wallace�s car to brush up against the wall. After brushing up against
the wall, Wallace bounced into Larson�s car and then continued by tracking
Larson�s car down the track and slamming into the rear of his car, causing
both cars to spin out.

Multiple reports said that the move by Wallace to spin out Larson�s car
appeared to be intentional. NASCAR could penalize Wallace if they believe
that his actions were deliberate.

During an interview after the crash, Wallace was asked if he retaliated
against Larson by intentionally slamming into his car, causing both cars to
spinout.

�Steering was gone,� Wallace claimed and then smirked, �he just so happened
to be there.�

However, Insider noted in a report that NBC�s on-screen telemetry of
Wallace�s car �seemed to disprove Wallace�s defense� because measurements
showed that Wallace was �all the way down on the gas just before hitting
Larson� which the report said would �not have been expected if he did not
have control of the steering.�

After both cars came to a stop, Wallace got out of his car and physically
attacked Larson, who is smaller than Wallace.

Wallace�s outburst sparked calls for him to be suspended or face potential
criminal charges.

Hundreds of accounts on social media called out Wallace�s top sponsor,
McDonald�s, and challenged the fast food company to reconsider its decision
to sponsor him.

�Bubba Wallace tried to kill a guy during a race yesterday because he was
angry,� The Daily Wire�s Matt Walsh tweeted. �NASCAR went along with that
garage door pull stunt a few years ago and created a cry baby self-entitled
monster in the process. Yet another overgrown man child who has never been
told no in his life.�

�He rammed his car into someone going 180 miles an hour. It�s not bumper
cars,� Walsh added. �You could easily kill someone doing that.�

He rammed his car into someone going 180 miles an hour.
It's not bumper cars. You could easily kill someone doing that.

� Matt Walsh (@MattWalshBlog) October 17, 2022

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: NBC's On-Screen Telemetry Appears To "Disprove" Bubba Wallace's Claims About What Led To Crash: Report

<atropos-ABE6D4.10381118102022@ec2-18-101-80-69.eu-south-2.compute.amazonaws.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=201&group=rec.autos.sport.nascar#201

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.autos.sport.nascar
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 10:38:11 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 18 Oct 2022 17:38 UTC

In article <tim34a$3nfhd$11@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> A new report suggests that NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace may have falsely
> claimed that his steering was broken when he slammed into the side of another
> NASCAR driver during a race Sunday.
>
> The incident happened during Stage 2 of the South Point 400 at Las Vegas
> Motor Speedway when Wallace, who won Stage 1, was next to driver Kyle Larson
> when Larson attempted a three-wide pass.
>
> Larson moved up the track and his car gave a slight tap to Wallace's car,
> causing Wallace's car to brush up against the wall. After brushing up against
> the wall, Wallace bounced into Larson's car and then continued by tracking
> Larson's car down the track and slamming into the rear of his car, causing
> both cars to spin out.
>
> Multiple reports said that the move by Wallace to spin out Larson's car
> appeared to be intentional. NASCAR could penalize Wallace if they believe
> that his actions were deliberate.
>
> During an interview after the crash, Wallace was asked if he retaliated
> against Larson by intentionally slamming into his car, causing both cars to
> spinout.
>
> "Steering was gone," Wallace claimed and then smirked, "he just so happened
> to be there."
>
> However, Insider noted in a report that NBC's on-screen telemetry of
> Wallace's car "seemed to disprove Wallace's defense" because measurements
> showed that Wallace was "all the way down on the gas just before hitting
> Larson" which the report said would "not have been expected if he did not
> have control of the steering".
>
> After both cars came to a stop, Wallace got out of his car and physically
> attacked Larson, who is smaller than Wallace.

Sure, because that's what you do when you lose steering on your vehicle:
you hunt down another driver, crash into them, and then get out and try
to kick their ass.

> Wallace's outburst sparked calls for him to be suspended or face potential
> criminal charges.

Better be careful or he'll invent another fake hate crime over some
randomly dangling piece of string.

Re: NBC's On-Screen Telemetry Appears To "Disprove" Bubba Wallace's Claims About What Led To Crash: Report

<24432f1e-0727-463a-9da1-77915934678cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=202&group=rec.autos.sport.nascar#202

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.nascar
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2022 10:30:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: NBC's On-Screen Telemetry Appears To "Disprove" Bubba Wallace's
Claims About What Led To Crash: Report
From: darkstar...@gmail.com (Michael Falkner)
 by: Michael Falkner - Sat, 22 Oct 2022 17:30 UTC

At barest of minimum, he needs to be gone until Daytona 2023.

Mike