Ever feel like life was a game and you had the wrong instruction book?

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants / (OT) If i'm an agent....

SubjectAuthor
* (OT) If i'm an agent....iommiRULES
`* Re: (OT) If i'm an agent....*ernie
 `- Re: (OT) If i'm an agent....iommiRULES

1
(OT) If i'm an agent....

<a6398c26-246e-49a5-b639-a9c3a26e80abn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2015&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#2015

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 07:50:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: (OT) If i'm an agent....
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Fri, 15 Oct 2021 14:50 UTC

...... i'm telling my player to hire a publicist, just like in the entertainment industry....in fact they ARE in the entertainment industry. You just give the person you hire control of your twitter account....if you want to say something they can tell you HOW to say it without putting your foot in your mouth. Or they can just say "dont say that not good for your career". Of course if someone is hell bent on sticking their foot in their mouth i guess you cant stop them. And as always the "stars" will be givin more rope to hang themselves with. Be it twitter, drugs/Alcohol, or legal troubles....for coaches as we found out, its zero tolerance, of course because they are in a supervisor/Boss type position and the team//league can easily be sued..

Re: (OT) If i'm an agent....

<skcubg$4h8$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2020&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#2020

From: alreadyd...@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Subject: Re: (OT) If i'm an agent....
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 18:11:55 -0400
 by: *ernie - Fri, 15 Oct 2021 22:11 UTC

On 10/15/2021 10:50 AM, iommiRULES wrote:
> ..... i'm telling my player to hire a publicist, just like in the entertainment industry....in fact they ARE in the entertainment industry. You just give the person you hire control of your twitter account....if you want to say something they can tell you HOW to say it without putting your foot in your mouth. Or they can just say "dont say that not good for your career". Of course if someone is hell bent on sticking their foot in their mouth i guess you cant stop them. And as always the "stars" will be givin more rope to hang themselves with. Be it twitter, drugs/Alcohol, or legal troubles....for coaches as we found out, its zero tolerance, of course because they are in a supervisor/Boss type position and the team//league can easily be sued..

The very smartest players follow the example set by Eli Manning and
Derek Jeter; keep your mouth shut unless speaking about a particular
game. That philosophy didn't hurt them any.

Re: (OT) If i'm an agent....

<b4ce061a-f29d-4c61-9dec-0aea71a6a230n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2022&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#2022

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 15:32:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Fri, 15 Oct 2021 22:32 UTC

On Friday, October 15, 2021 at 6:12:01 PM UTC-4, *ernie wrote:
> On 10/15/2021 10:50 AM, iommiRULES wrote:
> > ..... i'm telling my player to hire a publicist, just like in the entertainment industry....in fact they ARE in the entertainment industry. You just give the person you hire control of your twitter account....if you want to say something they can tell you HOW to say it without putting your foot in your mouth. Or they can just say "dont say that not good for your career". Of course if someone is hell bent on sticking their foot in their mouth i guess you cant stop them. And as always the "stars" will be givin more rope to hang themselves with. Be it twitter, drugs/Alcohol, or legal troubles.....for coaches as we found out, its zero tolerance, of course because they are in a supervisor/Boss type position and the team//league can easily be sued..
> >
> The very smartest players follow the example set by Eli Manning and
> Derek Jeter; keep your mouth shut unless speaking about a particular
> game. That philosophy didn't hurt them any.

These kids are a new breed, their whole generation will die with a "smart phone" in their hand or near by hoping for likes.....and i'm far from anti gadget or anti computer.....but im becoming more and more anti social media......no pun intended...even if you take away the idiocy of most of the posts (even by supposed "important" people, who take advantage of the various platforms to brainwash and misinform, eg, LIE) all it is is the companies spying on you then bombarding you with Ads. Of course i seen this coming over 20 years ago, nothing is free. Its almost like watching TV but with a commercial every 30 seconds.....even games are getting like that "this call to the bullpen is brought to you by"......