From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: Practice squad and injured reserve changes for 2022 season
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 00:37:07 -0400
Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.12
 by: Robin Miller - Fri, 27 May 2022 04:37 UTC

Practice squad changes for 2022 season: 16 players on the practice
squad, 6 of whom have no limitation as to how many seasons they have
played; a player can be activated from the practice squad for a game
three times (and any number of postseason games) without having to be
added to the 53-man roster.

https://twitter.com/DyFrex___/status/1529602985269116929

Injured reserve list changes for 2022 season: Eight players per team can
return from the injured reserve list, the non-football injury/illness
reserve list or the practice squad injured list. A player can return
after missing four games. A player can return from a reserve list twice,
although each return counts against the team's eight allowable returns.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1529601475416145920

--Robin

Re: Practice squad and injured reserve changes for 2022 season

<875ylrz5u7.fsf@hotmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2055&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#2055

From: eddiegr...@hotmail.com (Eddie Grove)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 02:24:00 -0700
 by: Eddie Grove - Fri, 27 May 2022 09:24 UTC

Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> writes:

> Practice squad changes for 2022 season: 16 players on the practice
> squad, 6 of whom have no limitation as to how many seasons they have
> played; a player can be activated from the practice squad for a game
> three times (and any number of postseason games) without having to be
> added to the 53-man roster.
>
> https://twitter.com/DyFrex___/status/1529602985269116929
>

> Injured reserve list changes for 2022 season: Eight players per team
> can return from the injured reserve list, the non-football
> injury/illness reserve list or the practice squad injured list. A
> player can return after missing four games.

> A player can return from a
> reserve list twice, although each return counts against the team's
> eight allowable returns.

This is slightly ambiguous.
Does 'A player' mean 1 specific player or any player in general?
I read it to mean any player in general, e.g. 4 players twice each.

According to Florio, it is one specific player.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/25/nfl-nflpa-agree-to-allow-up-to-eight-players-to-return-from-injured-reserve-in-2022/

"One specific player can return from IR twice this season, but each
occasion counts toward the eight total returns from injured reserve."

However, Florio sourced Garafolo. I don't know whether Florio was
jumping to conclusions or had another source different from the tweet.

> https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1529601475416145920
>

> --Robin

Eddie

Re: Practice squad and injured reserve changes for 2022 season

<jfcd54Ffo2dU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2056&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#2056

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 12:38:52 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Fri, 27 May 2022 16:38 UTC

Eddie Grove wrote:
> Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> writes:
>
>> Practice squad changes for 2022 season: 16 players on the practice
>> squad, 6 of whom have no limitation as to how many seasons they have
>> played; a player can be activated from the practice squad for a game
>> three times (and any number of postseason games) without having to be
>> added to the 53-man roster.
>>
>> https://twitter.com/DyFrex___/status/1529602985269116929
>>

>> Injured reserve list changes for 2022 season: Eight players per team
>> can return from the injured reserve list, the non-football
>> injury/illness reserve list or the practice squad injured list. A
>> player can return after missing four games.
>

>> A player can return from a
>> reserve list twice, although each return counts against the team's
>> eight allowable returns.
>
> This is slightly ambiguous.
> Does 'A player' mean 1 specific player or any player in general?
> I read it to mean any player in general, e.g. 4 players twice each.
>
> According to Florio, it is one specific player.
>
> https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/25/nfl-nflpa-agree-to-allow-up-to-eight-players-to-return-from-injured-reserve-in-2022/
>
> "One specific player can return from IR twice this season, but each
> occasion counts toward the eight total returns from injured reserve."
>
> However, Florio sourced Garafolo. I don't know whether Florio was
> jumping to conclusions or had another source different from the tweet.
>

>> https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1529601475416145920
>>

>> --Robin
>
> Eddie

The tweet from Garafolo is not ambiguous, in my view. Every stipulation
(in the quoted agreement between the players and the teams) is phrased
in terms of "a player," i.e., any player. None of the stipulations are
phrased in terms of "one player." So I think that, yes, four players
could each return from IR twice.

One thing I noticed upon re-reading the tweet is that the total of eight
returns includes players returning to the practice squad from the
practice squad injury list.

Here is the agreement, for people who are not on Twitter:

https://imgur.com/a/ILHWccd

--Robin