From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: One of Kenneth Murray's adopted siblings died last year
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 13:10:49 -0400
Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.12
 by: Robin Miller - Tue, 31 May 2022 17:10 UTC

I just saw this in another Chargers forum. I'm not sure if we discussed
this here. At least, I don't remember it. This loss, combined with his
bad ankle(s), may explain Murray's disappointing play last season.

--Robin

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32315537/los-angeles-chargers-kenneth-murray-jr-playing-heavy-heart-aftermath-brother-death

Los Angeles Chargers' Kenneth Murray Jr. playing with heavy heart in
aftermath of brother's death

Oct 4, 2021

Shelley Smith
ESPN Reporter

COSTA MESA, Calif. -- You can hear the sadness in his voice. It's not
outwardly noticeable if you didn't know to look for it, but it's there
-- the kind of sadness you would never wish on anyone.

Los Angeles Chargers linebacker Kenneth Murray Jr. is a 6-foot-2,
241-pound chiseled athlete who cares passionately about the game of
football. He also cares passionately about his family, especially his
adopted siblings, all of whom have a chromosomal abnormality known as
deletion.

His father, a Baptist minister, and his mother, a retired police
officer, learned of the children from his church congregation and took
them in when Murray was 11. And when their middle son, the one he was
closest to, Lenny, died unexpectedly in April on what would have been
his 14th birthday, Murray was devastated.

Murray had pledged to take care of the kids if something happened to his
parents. But nobody expected something like this to happen to one of the
children.

"One day I was doing something with football and I got a phone call and
I kind of had to drop everything and jump on a flight and go through
that," he said. "Since then I've just kind of stayed to myself."

[more]

Here's some information on Chromosomal deletion syndrome. There are
several forms of this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromosomal_deletion_syndrome