From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: South Bend Tribune: Zander Horvath trying to make a name for himself
on L.A. Chargers
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 16:10:25 -0400
Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.12
 by: Robin Miller - Wed, 29 Jun 2022 20:10 UTC

https://sports.yahoo.com/marian-grad-zander-horvath-trying-092543699.html

RM: He's trying to make the team as a FB rather than a RB.

https://sports.yahoo.com/marian-grad-zander-horvath-trying-092543699.html

Marian grad Zander Horvath trying to make a name for himself on L.A.
Chargers

Fernando Ramirez, South Bend Tribune
Tue, June 28, 2022 at 5:25 AM·5 min read

COSTA MESA, Calif. — It is a tough transition for an athlete to go from
college football to the NFL. It is even more challenging when a player
needs to gain weight. Adding the extra pounds is about going up on the
scale but not losing the attributes like speed or elusiveness that got
them to the league.

Mishawaka native Zander Horvath is going through that change. He needs
to go from having a running backs body to transforming into a fullback.
That is about a 20-pound difference.

That means he is on a 4,700-calorie diet, and since he is living in
Southern California, it means more Mexican food.

"I did, actually," Horvath laughed. "It depends. I am eating anything
right now just to fill out my diet."

Horvath has played running back his whole football career but knew that
to play in the NFL, he would have to make some changes.

During his pro day at Purdue, he had a 35.5" vertical, broad jump of
10'3", and 31 reps of 225 bench press. He showed out in front of 30
different NFL team pro scouts.

[more]

Re: South Bend Tribune: Zander Horvath trying to make a name for himself on L.A. Chargers

<ji3sp0F56hgU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2082&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#2082

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: Re: South Bend Tribune: Zander Horvath trying to make a name for
himself on L.A. Chargers
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 16:59:07 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Wed, 29 Jun 2022 20:59 UTC

Robin Miller wrote:

> https://sports.yahoo.com/marian-grad-zander-horvath-trying-092543699.html
>
> RM: He's trying to make the team as a FB rather than a RB.
>

> https://sports.yahoo.com/marian-grad-zander-horvath-trying-092543699.html
>

> Marian grad Zander Horvath trying to make a name for himself on L.A.
> Chargers
>
> Fernando Ramirez, South Bend Tribune
> Tue, June 28, 2022 at 5:25 AM·5 min read
>

> COSTA MESA, Calif. — It is a tough transition for an athlete to go from
> college football to the NFL. It is even more challenging when a player
> needs to gain weight. Adding the extra pounds is about going up on the
> scale but not losing the attributes like speed or elusiveness that got
> them to the league.
>
> Mishawaka native Zander Horvath is going through that change. He needs
> to go from having a running backs body to transforming into a fullback.
> That is about a 20-pound difference.
>
> That means he is on a 4,700-calorie diet, and since he is living in
> Southern California, it means more Mexican food.
>
> "I did, actually," Horvath laughed. "It depends. I am eating anything
> right now just to fill out my diet."
>
> Horvath has played running back his whole football career but knew that
> to play in the NFL, he would have to make some changes.
>
> During his pro day at Purdue, he had a 35.5" vertical, broad jump of
> 10'3", and 31 reps of 225 bench press. He showed out in front of 30
> different NFL team pro scouts.
>
> [more]

Actually, I have him listed as a fullback on my roster, so the position
change must have been announced when he was drafted.

--Robin