Ever feel like life was a game and you had the wrong instruction book?

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants / Where are Dalvin Tomlinson and BJ Hill when you need tham?

SubjectAuthor
* Where are Dalvin Tomlinson and BJ Hill when you need tham?jeffg...@webtv.net
`* Re: Where are Dalvin Tomlinson and BJ Hill when you need tham?iommiRULES
 `* Re: Where are Dalvin Tomlinson and BJ Hill when you need tham?jeffg...@webtv.net
  `* Re: Where are Dalvin Tomlinson and BJ Hill when you need tham?iommiRULES
   +* Re: Where are Dalvin Tomlinson and BJ Hill when you need tham?iommiRULES
   |`- Re: Where are Dalvin Tomlinson and BJ Hill when you need tham?iommiRULES
   `* Re: Where are Dalvin Tomlinson and BJ Hill when you need tham?jeffg...@webtv.net
    `* Re: Where are Dalvin Tomlinson and BJ Hill when you need tham?iommiRULES
     `- Re: Where are Dalvin Tomlinson and BJ Hill when you need tham?TomW

1
Where are Dalvin Tomlinson and BJ Hill when you need tham?

<1af86202-3142-41f9-b9a2-c5cc2ca30568n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2097&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#2097

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 04:18:56 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Where are Dalvin Tomlinson and BJ Hill when you need tham?
From: jeffgers...@webtv.net (jeffg...@webtv.net)
 by: jeffg...@webtv.net - Sat, 23 Oct 2021 11:18 UTC

https://nypost.com/2021/10/22/panthers-daring-giants-to-stop-the-run/

Re: Where are Dalvin Tomlinson and BJ Hill when you need tham?

<61d7aac8-0d37-4b7e-a1b3-51f5645952ecn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2099&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#2099

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 15:08:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Sat, 23 Oct 2021 22:08 UTC

On Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 7:18:57 AM UTC-4, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> https://nypost.com/2021/10/22/panthers-daring-giants-to-stop-the-run/

Well if it the decision was to keep Williams and not tomlinson it seems the right decision was made if you go by the ranking in the article...... NO WAY could they sign both, its just to much money for run stuffers. As for BJ hill it seems he is having a good season but no one seen that coming but good for him. Bottom line is you cant blame this train wreck on letting Tomlinson and Hill leave, no way. I thought Austin Johnson played well last game and he is one of the replacements (Jersey boy, 2nd round pick 2016).....in fact he was one of the FEW Giants who played well last week. This on Graham so far, not DG.....unless you think Graham turned water into wine last year and its another one and done D.

Re: Where are Dalvin Tomlinson and BJ Hill when you need tham?

<832192cb-d003-49f4-b5aa-98bbba1fa186n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2104&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#2104

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 16:38:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: jeffgers...@webtv.net (jeffg...@webtv.net)
 by: jeffg...@webtv.net - Sat, 23 Oct 2021 23:38 UTC

On Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 6:08:51 PM UTC-4, iommiRULES wrote:
> On Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 7:18:57 AM UTC-4, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> > https://nypost.com/2021/10/22/panthers-daring-giants-to-stop-the-run/
>
> Well if it the decision was to keep Williams and not tomlinson it seems the right decision was made if you go by the ranking in the article...... NO WAY could they sign both, its just to much money for run stuffers. As for BJ hill it seems he is having a good season but no one seen that coming but good for him. Bottom line is you cant blame this train wreck on letting Tomlinson and Hill leave, no way. I thought Austin Johnson played well last game and he is one of the replacements (Jersey boy, 2nd round pick 2016)......in fact he was one of the FEW Giants who played well last week. This on Graham so far, not DG.....unless you think Graham turned water into wine last year and its another one and done D. (

There were several ways you could find the cap space to sign both Williamson and Tomlinson. Let Engram leave; don't sign Rudpoph; don't sign Adoree Jackson (who Tennessee had no desire to keep).

Re: Where are Dalvin Tomlinson and BJ Hill when you need tham?

<0a855d72-24c9-4c05-b2be-d6fac656f6e7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2106&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#2106

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 16:55:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Sat, 23 Oct 2021 23:55 UTC

On Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 7:38:30 PM UTC-4, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> On Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 6:08:51 PM UTC-4, iommiRULES wrote:
> > On Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 7:18:57 AM UTC-4, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> > > https://nypost.com/2021/10/22/panthers-daring-giants-to-stop-the-run/
> >
> > Well if it the decision was to keep Williams and not tomlinson it seems the right decision was made if you go by the ranking in the article...... NO WAY could they sign both, its just to much money for run stuffers. As for BJ hill it seems he is having a good season but no one seen that coming but good for him. Bottom line is you cant blame this train wreck on letting Tomlinson and Hill leave, no way. I thought Austin Johnson played well last game and he is one of the replacements (Jersey boy, 2nd round pick 2016)......in fact he was one of the FEW Giants who played well last week. This on Graham so far, not DG.....unless you think Graham turned water into wine last year and its another one and done D. (
>
> There were several ways you could find the cap space to sign both Williamson and Tomlinson. Let Engram leave; don't sign Rudpoph; don't sign Adoree Jackson (who Tennessee had no desire to keep).

It has nothing to do with keeping the player and everything to do with salary cap allocation, you just don't shell out that much money in 2 similar players. Kinda like you dont draft RB's Top 5. WE NEEDED a CB way worse, whether Jackson pans out or not, and actually u cant grade CB's without coaches tape and hours and hours of time to watch it, but what ive read so far it is Bradberry the one they are complaining about, not Jackson, tho i have seen Jackson have a bad game or 2. The point is its the whole defense, and it shouldnt have sank like this because 1 injury to Martinez either. If anything the offense could use the injury excuse, not the D.

Re: Where are Dalvin Tomlinson and BJ Hill when you need tham?

<ac2f92f3-19af-4b55-a375-f287452b882dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2107&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#2107

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 17:15:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Sun, 24 Oct 2021 00:15 UTC

On Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 7:55:10 PM UTC-4, iommiRULES wrote:
> On Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 7:38:30 PM UTC-4, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> > >
> > > Well if it the decision was to keep Williams and not tomlinson it seems the right decision was made if you go by the ranking in the article....... NO WAY could they sign both, its just to much money for run stuffers. As for BJ hill it seems he is having a good season but no one seen that coming but good for him. Bottom line is you cant blame this train wreck on letting Tomlinson and Hill leave, no way. I thought Austin Johnson played well last game and he is one of the replacements (Jersey boy, 2nd round pick 2016)......in fact he was one of the FEW Giants who played well last week. This on Graham so far, not DG.....unless you think Graham turned water into wine last year and its another one and done D. (
> >
> > There were several ways you could find the cap space to sign both Williamson and Tomlinson. Let Engram leave; don't sign Rudpoph; don't sign Adoree Jackson (who Tennessee had no desire to keep).
> It has nothing to do with keeping the player and everything to do with salary cap allocation, you just don't shell out that much money in 2 similar players. Kinda like you dont draft RB's Top 5. WE NEEDED a CB way worse, whether Jackson pans out or not, and actually u cant grade CB's without coaches tape and hours and hours of time to watch it, but what ive read so far it is Bradberry the one they are complaining about, not Jackson, tho i have seen Jackson have a bad game or 2. The point is its the whole defense, and it shouldnt have sank like this because 1 injury to Martinez either. If anything the offense could use the injury excuse, not the D.

Plus in the article you posted it says Tomlinson is 25th, that sounds nothing to write home about to me.....the thing we should be pissed about is Dex is 66th! to go along with his game losing offsides!
That i guess we CAN blame on DG. But again hes still a kid the team is not gonna give up on him yet....nor should they

Re: Where are Dalvin Tomlinson and BJ Hill when you need tham?

<b75a2abe-9dfb-435f-9098-fab6f4b9745cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2108&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#2108

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 17:33:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Sun, 24 Oct 2021 00:33 UTC

On Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 8:15:12 PM UTC-4, iommiRULES wrote:
> On Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 7:55:10 PM UTC-4, iommiRULES wrote:

> > > There were several ways you could find the cap space to sign both Williamson and Tomlinson. Let Engram leave; don't sign Rudpoph; don't sign Adoree Jackson (who Tennessee had no desire to keep).
> > It has nothing to do with keeping the player and everything to do with salary cap allocation, you just don't shell out that much money in 2 similar players. Kinda like you dont draft RB's Top 5. WE NEEDED a CB way worse, whether Jackson pans out or not, and actually u cant grade CB's without coaches tape and hours and hours of time to watch it, but what ive read so far it is Bradberry the one they are complaining about, not Jackson, tho i have seen Jackson have a bad game or 2. The point is its the whole defense, and it shouldnt have sank like this because 1 injury to Martinez either. If anything the offense could use the injury excuse, not the D.
> Plus in the article you posted it says Tomlinson is 25th, that sounds nothing to write home about to me.....the thing we should be pissed about is Dex is 66th! to go along with his game losing offsides!
> That i guess we CAN blame on DG. But again hes still a kid the team is not gonna give up on him yet....nor should they

And to punch further holes in the guys article......yeah it says Hill is 7th.....but is he even a starter? Or is that like from a small sample? You cant access PFF stats without a subscription so who knows. like a guy who hits .400 to start the season but all he is is a bench player, with us Hill was a reserve. But the guy does explain the reason WHY we traded hill, and it was a legit reason once Gates went down. I think if any finger pointing it should be pointed at the way below expectations play of Big Dex....

Re: Where are Dalvin Tomlinson and BJ Hill when you need tham?

<54c7a49e-d1b9-47bf-b586-b03693c996e8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2110&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#2110

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 03:27:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: jeffgers...@webtv.net (jeffg...@webtv.net)
 by: jeffg...@webtv.net - Sun, 24 Oct 2021 10:27 UTC

On Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 7:55:10 PM UTC-4, iommiRULES wrote:
> On Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 7:38:30 PM UTC-4, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> > >
> > > Well if it the decision was to keep Williams and not tomlinson it seems the right decision was made if you go by the ranking in the article....... NO WAY could they sign both, its just to much money for run stuffers. As for BJ hill it seems he is having a good season but no one seen that coming but good for him. Bottom line is you cant blame this train wreck on letting Tomlinson and Hill leave, no way. I thought Austin Johnson played well last game and he is one of t he replacements (Jersey boy, 2nd round pick 2016).....in fact he was one of the FEW Giants who played well last week. This on Graham so far, not DG.....unless you think Graham turned water into wine last year and its another one and done D. (
> >
> > There were several ways you could find the cap space to sign both Williamson and Tomlinson. Let Engram leave; don't sign Rudpoph; don't sign Adoree Jackson (who Tennessee had no desire to keep).
> It has nothing to do with keeping the player and everything to do with salary cap allocation, you just don't shell out that much money in 2 similar players. Kinda like you dont draft RB's Top 5. WE NEEDED a CB way worse, whether Jackson pans out or not, and actually u cant grade CB's without coaches tape and hours and hours of time to watch it, but what ive read so far it is Bradberry the one they are complaining about, not Jackson, tho i have seen Jackson have a bad game or 2. The point is its the whole defense, and it shouldnt have sank like this because 1 injury to Martinez either. If anything the offense could use the injury excuse, not the D.

You win or lose the game at the line of scrimmage, and the Giants lose at that on both offense and defense. When Tomlinson was there with Williams, thye often at least won that on defense. Not even the best d back in the world can cover for too many seconds in the modern NFL with the rules favoring the receivers.

Re: Where are Dalvin Tomlinson and BJ Hill when you need tham?

<797a7cb9-67bf-4943-addb-de0d032acd9dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2113&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#2113

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 09:09:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Sun, 24 Oct 2021 16:09 UTC

On Sunday, October 24, 2021 at 6:27:50 AM UTC-4, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> On Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 7:55:10 PM UTC-4, iommiRULES wrote:

> > > There were several ways you could find the cap space to sign both Williamson and Tomlinson. Let Engram leave; don't sign Rudpoph; don't sign Adoree Jackson (who Tennessee had no desire to keep).
> > It has nothing to do with keeping the player and everything to do with salary cap allocation, you just don't shell out that much money in 2 similar players. Kinda like you dont draft RB's Top 5. WE NEEDED a CB way worse, whether Jackson pans out or not, and actually u cant grade CB's without coaches tape and hours and hours of time to watch it, but what ive read so far it is Bradberry the one they are complaining about, not Jackson, tho i have seen Jackson have a bad game or 2. The point is its the whole defense, and it shouldnt have sank like this because 1 injury to Martinez either. If anything the offense could use the injury excuse, not the D.
> You win or lose the game at the line of scrimmage, and the Giants lose at that on both offense and defense. When Tomlinson was there with Williams, thye often at least won that on defense. Not even the best d back in the world can cover for too many seconds in the modern NFL with the rules favoring the receiver

well if your point is the loss of Tomlinson AND Martinez didnt help vs the running game no argument there, losing Tomlinson IS NOT a big part of the reason this D dropped from 12 to 29. If you think thats true you havent been watching the games. Tomlinson isnt a tackling coach for 10 other guys. Tomlinson doesnt blow coverages, and Tomlinsons Job was NEVER to rush the passer, it was actually a no brainer letting him go, unless you would have rather let Williams walk because thats the only way he stayed.

Re: Where are Dalvin Tomlinson and BJ Hill when you need tham?

<a2995bea-b393-4f2e-a454-e2991cf3295fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2116&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#2116

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 11:46:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: tlm...@gmail.com (TomW)
 by: TomW - Sun, 24 Oct 2021 18:46 UTC

On Sunday, October 24, 2021 at 12:10:00 PM UTC-4, iommiRULES wrote:
> On Sunday, October 24, 2021 at 6:27:50 AM UTC-4, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:

> > > It has nothing to do with keeping the player and everything to do with salary cap allocation, you just don't shell out that much money in 2 similar players. Kinda like you dont draft RB's Top 5. WE NEEDED a CB way worse, whether Jackson pans out or not, and actually u cant grade CB's without coaches tape and hours and hours of time to watch it, but what ive read so far it is Bradberry the one they are complaining about, not Jackson, tho i have seen Jackson have a bad game or 2. The point is its the whole defense, and it shouldnt have sank like this because 1 injury to Martinez either. If anything the offense could use the injury excuse, not the D.
> > You win or lose the game at the line of scrimmage, and the Giants lose at that on both offense and defense. When Tomlinson was there with Williams, thye often at least won that on defense. Not even the best d back in the world can cover for too many seconds in the modern NFL with the rules favoring the receiver
> well if your point is the loss of Tomlinson AND Martinez didnt help vs the running game no argument there, losing Tomlinson IS NOT a big part of the reason this D dropped from 12 to 29. If you think thats true you havent been watching the games. Tomlinson isnt a tackling coach for 10 other guys. Tomlinson doesnt blow coverages, and Tomlinsons Job was NEVER to rush the passer, it was actually a no brainer letting him go, unless you would have rather let Williams walk because thats the only way he stayed.
I don't care if you have the Steel Curtain on defense, Until they get an offensive line it doesn't matter. Since DG got here he was gonna fix the OL and he hasn't done it and we are seeing the result.