From: darryl_j...@rogers.com (Darryl Johnson)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Subject: FIA admits error
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 16:08:56 -0400
 by: Darryl Johnson - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 20:08 UTC

Interesting to see a report that the FIA admits it erred in not
penalizing Verstappen three grid places at the Singapore race for
impeding other drivers..

I know I was surprised that there was no grid penalty for two (or was it
three) interference occurrences.

No apparent move to impose the proper penalty in Japan however.

Re: FIA admits error

<uelblt$fsck$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=21201&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#21201

From: shaun.at...@gmail.com (~misfit~)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Subject: Re: FIA admits error
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 12:31:57 +1200
 by: ~misfit~ - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 00:31 UTC

On 23/09/2023 8:08 am, Darryl Johnson wrote:
> Interesting to see a report that the FIA admits it erred in not penalizing Verstappen three grid
> places at the Singapore race for impeding other drivers..
>
> I know I was surprised that there was no grid penalty for two (or was it three) interference
> occurrences.
>
> No apparent move to impose the proper penalty in Japan however.

I wondered about the following youtube video from 3 days ago, on the official F1 channel where
Jolyon outright says that Max got away and should have had a penalty. Maybe it was instrumental in
the FIAs announcement saying they got it wrong? Or maybe Jolyon already knew that they were going
to say they got it wrong. Either way it seemed odd to me that he'd openly say they were wrong on
their own channel.

<https://youtu.be/T-bSUxQQ5Qg?si=i6Z0-DqvszieZaS1&t=334>
--
Shaun.