Rube Walker: "Hey, Yogi, what time is it?" Yogi Berra: "You mean now?"

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers / Zion

SubjectAuthor
* ZionReneG
`* Re: ZionRobin Miller
 `* Re: ZionReneG
  `* Re: ZionRobin Miller
   `* Re: ZionRobin Miller
    `* Re: Zionphlash74
     `- Re: ZionRobin Miller

1
Zion

<2ee48300-2e20-459b-b15f-780492bbe26bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2122&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#2122

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 16:00:36 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Zion
From: reneg1...@gmail.com (ReneG)
 by: ReneG - Sun, 14 Aug 2022 23:00 UTC

I saw uneven play from the rookie. He was solid on some plays but then would completely whiff on others. He had more bad plays in one half than Slater did all season. So far I'm not impressed, especially after all the hype during training camp.

Re: Zion

<jlvc1uF20j0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2123&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#2123

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: Re: Zion
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 12:54:20 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 16:54 UTC

ReneG wrote:
> I saw uneven play from the rookie. He was solid on some plays but then would completely whiff on others. He had more bad plays in one half than Slater did all season. So far I'm not impressed, especially after all the hype during training camp.

Most fans I've seen posting have been very enthused about his play, but
PFF apparently gave him a low grade. So I dunno. I haven't watched the
game yet. I have it taped from NFL Network and hope to watch at least
part of it tonight.

--Robin

Re: Zion

<4d22fdef-46cc-4240-b467-e7260bd61c5en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2128&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#2128

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 12:18:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: reneg1...@gmail.com (ReneG)
 by: ReneG - Tue, 16 Aug 2022 19:18 UTC

Let us know what you think after watching.

Re: Zion

<jm4sanF3a86U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2134&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#2134

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 15:02:41 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 19:02 UTC

ReneG wrote:
> Let us know what you think after watching.

Well, I watched the first quarter and a half last night and I have to
admit that I couldn't tell much about individual players, as the
announcers (even though they were the Chargers' announcers, including
Fouts) didn't bother to identify the players other than the ones who
made each play. The only time I really noticed number 77 (Zion) was one
time early on when he was beaten completely. Maybe I will be able to get
more of a feeling for the new players during this coming Cowboys game,
which is being televised live. I don't know the reserves' numbers and I
don't bother printing out a list of player numbers until the roster is
cut to 53.

--Robin

Re: Zion

<jm4t7cF3elcU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2135&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#2135

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 15:17:59 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 19:17 UTC

Robin Miller wrote:
> ReneG wrote:
>> Let us know what you think after watching.
>>

> Well, I watched the first quarter and a half last night and I have to
> admit that I couldn't tell much about individual players, as the
> announcers (even though they were the Chargers' announcers, including
> Fouts) didn't bother to identify the players other than the ones who
> made each play. The only time I really noticed number 77 (Zion) was one
> time early on when he was beaten completely. Maybe I will be able to get
> more of a feeling for the new players during this coming Cowboys game,
> which is being televised live. I don't know the reserves' numbers and I
> don't bother printing out a list of player numbers until the roster is
> cut to 53.
>
> --Robin

Just to add: I didn't think the Chargers' OL played particularly well
overall. The left tackle, in particular (Sarell?) was beaten a lot. The
only players who stood out in the portion of the game I watched were
Kelley and Rumph, who was dominant.

--Robin

Re: Zion

<2a9c9ab2-1663-40b8-bbd8-09b2cfc45f83n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2136&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#2136

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 13:50:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: phlas...@msn.com (phlash74)
 by: phlash74 - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 20:50 UTC

On Wednesday, August 17, 2022 at 12:18:05 PM UTC-7, Robin Miller wrote:
> Robin Miller wrote:
> > ReneG wrote:
> >> Let us know what you think after watching.
> >>

> > Well, I watched the first quarter and a half last night and I have to
> > admit that I couldn't tell much about individual players, as the
> > announcers (even though they were the Chargers' announcers, including
> > Fouts) didn't bother to identify the players other than the ones who
> > made each play. The only time I really noticed number 77 (Zion) was one
> > time early on when he was beaten completely. Maybe I will be able to get
> > more of a feeling for the new players during this coming Cowboys game,
> > which is being televised live. I don't know the reserves' numbers and I
> > don't bother printing out a list of player numbers until the roster is
> > cut to 53.
> >
> > --Robin
> >
> Just to add: I didn't think the Chargers' OL played particularly well
> overall. The left tackle, in particular (Sarell?) was beaten a lot. The
> only players who stood out in the portion of the game I watched were
> Kelley and Rumph, who was dominant.
>
> --Robin

I (sorta kinda) watched the first half at a friend's house Saturday night, and I agree with your take. Guyton dropped what should have been an easy completion on the first drive, other than that didn't really notice anyone other than Kelley and Rumph. Daniel played OK but the long TD pass to Reed seemed a bit underthrown, almost allowing the Rams' DB to catch up after a completely blown coverage.

Michael

Re: Zion

<jm59nrF5cjuU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2138&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#2138

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 18:51:33 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 22:51 UTC

phlash74 wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 17, 2022 at 12:18:05 PM UTC-7, Robin Miller wrote:
>> Robin Miller wrote:
>>>>

>>> Well, I watched the first quarter and a half last night and I have to
>>> admit that I couldn't tell much about individual players, as the
>>> announcers (even though they were the Chargers' announcers, including
>>> Fouts) didn't bother to identify the players other than the ones who
>>> made each play. The only time I really noticed number 77 (Zion) was one
>>> time early on when he was beaten completely. Maybe I will be able to get
>>> more of a feeling for the new players during this coming Cowboys game,
>>> which is being televised live. I don't know the reserves' numbers and I
>>> don't bother printing out a list of player numbers until the roster is
>>> cut to 53.
>>>
>>> --Robin
>>>
>> Just to add: I didn't think the Chargers' OL played particularly well
>> overall. The left tackle, in particular (Sarell?) was beaten a lot. The
>> only players who stood out in the portion of the game I watched were
>> Kelley and Rumph, who was dominant.
>>
>> --Robin
>
> I (sorta kinda) watched the first half at a friend's house Saturday night, and I agree with your take. Guyton dropped what should have been an easy completion on the first drive, other than that didn't really notice anyone other than Kelley and Rumph. Daniel played OK but the long TD pass to Reed seemed a bit underthrown, almost allowing the Rams' DB to catch up after a completely blown coverage.
>
> Michael

Guyton did catch a couple of balls, including a nice come-back on that
short desperation throw by Daniel. And Reed caught that long pass. Bandy
got a lot of attention in the game write-ups for passes caught later in
the game. But overall what I saw of the game didn't excite me about the
Chargers, which was disappointing. I'm tired of there being such a
drop-off between the starters and the reserves.

--Robin