Football is a game designed to keep coalminers off the streets. -- Jimmy Breslin

sport / alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants / The Giants get some recognition from MLB (Which teams surptised ...)

SubjectAuthor
* The Giants get some recognition from MLB (Which teams surptised ...)John Walsh
+* Re: The Giants get some recognition from MLB (Which teams surptised ...)benf802961@aol.com
|+- Re: The Giants get some recognition from MLB (Which teams surptisedpoldy
|`* Re: The Giants get some recognition from MLB (Which teams surptised ...)John Walsh
| `- Re: The Giants get some recognition from MLB (Which teams surptisedpoldy
`- Re: The Giants get some recognition from MLB (Which teams surptisedJon Rossen

1
The Giants get some recognition from MLB (Which teams surptised ...)

<1qaclg1mdgoag3ir961hf3sdkf3ngt5nn7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=214&group=alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants#214

From: jwalsh...@gmail.com (John Walsh)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants
Subject: The Giants get some recognition from MLB (Which teams surptised ...)
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 11:26:36 -1000
 by: John Walsh - Thu, 30 Sep 2021 21:26 UTC

The pleasant surprises

San Francisco Giants
Preseason win total: 75.5
Current win total: 104 (+28.5)
Not only did the Giants exceed expectations and the .500 mark, they’ve
played like the best team in the Majors throughout the season, giving
the heavily favored Dodgers everything they could handle in the NL
West. Thanks to savvy moves from Farhan Zaidi’s front office and great
work from manager Gabe Kapler’s staff, the Giants have received
unexpectedly stellar contributions from both veterans (Buster Posey,
Brandon Crawford, etc.) and under-the-radar breakouts (Logan Webb,
LaMonte Wade Jr., etc.) on their way to a triple-digit win total.

Re: The Giants get some recognition from MLB (Which teams surptised ...)

<9a4f6c8b-37fa-48ab-9f48-2268c644c60an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=215&group=alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants#215

Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 22:40:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: benf802...@aol.com (benf802961@aol.com)
 by: benf802961@aol.com - Fri, 1 Oct 2021 05:40 UTC

On Thursday, September 30, 2021 at 2:26:42 PM UTC-7, JohnW wrote:
> The pleasant surprises
>
> San Francisco Giants
> Preseason win total: 75.5
> Current win total: 104 (+28.5)
> Not only did the Giants exceed expectations and the .500 mark, they’ve
> played like the best team in the Majors throughout the season, giving
> the heavily favored Dodgers everything they could handle in the NL
> West. Thanks to savvy moves from Farhan Zaidi’s front office and great
> work from manager Gabe Kapler’s staff, the Giants have received
> unexpectedly stellar contributions from both veterans (Buster Posey,
> Brandon Crawford, etc.) and under-the-radar breakouts (Logan Webb,
> LaMonte Wade Jr., etc.) on their way to a triple-digit win total.

Lots of thanks goes to Arizona. They went 2-17 vs the Giants. LOL

Re: The Giants get some recognition from MLB (Which teams surptised ...)

<sj7o8c$j9e$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=216&group=alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants#216

From: pol...@kfu.com (poldy)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants
...)
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 12:41:00 -0700
 by: poldy - Fri, 1 Oct 2021 19:41 UTC

On 9/30/21 10:40 PM, benf802961@aol.com wrote:
> On Thursday, September 30, 2021 at 2:26:42 PM UTC-7, JohnW wrote:
>> The pleasant surprises
>>
>> San Francisco Giants
>> Preseason win total: 75.5
>> Current win total: 104 (+28.5)
>> Not only did the Giants exceed expectations and the .500 mark, they’ve
>> played like the best team in the Majors throughout the season, giving
>> the heavily favored Dodgers everything they could handle in the NL
>> West. Thanks to savvy moves from Farhan Zaidi’s front office and great
>> work from manager Gabe Kapler’s staff, the Giants have received
>> unexpectedly stellar contributions from both veterans (Buster Posey,
>> Brandon Crawford, etc.) and under-the-radar breakouts (Logan Webb,
>> LaMonte Wade Jr., etc.) on their way to a triple-digit win total.
>
> Lots of thanks goes to Arizona. They went 2-17 vs the Giants. LOL

They have to win at least 2 out of 3 vs. Padres in case the Dodgers
sweep the Brewers.

Re: The Giants get some recognition from MLB (Which teams surptised ...)

<ifdflg58r561f9i5eemfp346prsurvh3pp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=217&group=alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants#217

From: jwalsh...@gmail.com (John Walsh)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2021 15:33:14 -1000
 by: John Walsh - Sat, 2 Oct 2021 01:33 UTC

On Thu, 30 Sep 2021 22:40:04 -0700 (PDT), "benf802961@aol.com"
<benf802961@aol.com> wrote:

>On Thursday, September 30, 2021 at 2:26:42 PM UTC-7, JohnW wrote:
>> The pleasant surprises
>>
>> San Francisco Giants
>> Preseason win total: 75.5
>> Current win total: 104 (+28.5)
>> Not only did the Giants exceed expectations and the .500 mark, they’ve
>> played like the best team in the Majors throughout the season, giving
>> the heavily favored Dodgers everything they could handle in the NL
>> West. Thanks to savvy moves from Farhan Zaidi’s front office and great
>> work from manager Gabe Kapler’s staff, the Giants have received
>> unexpectedly stellar contributions from both veterans (Buster Posey,
>> Brandon Crawford, etc.) and under-the-radar breakouts (Logan Webb,
>> LaMonte Wade Jr., etc.) on their way to a triple-digit win total.
>
>Lots of thanks goes to Arizona. They went 2-17 vs the Giants. LOL

Arizona will probably end the season with 110-111 losses. What's
better is the Padres spending all that offseason money and tanking
their way to 3rd place and a losing record. The whole time hyping
Tatis Jr. and his home runs.

Re: The Giants get some recognition from MLB (Which teams surptised ...)

<sjau56$1qdj$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=219&group=alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants#219

From: jon...@comcast.net (Jon Rossen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants
...)
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 17:40:05 -0700
 by: Jon Rossen - Sun, 3 Oct 2021 00:40 UTC

On 9/30/2021 2:26 PM, John Walsh wrote:
> The pleasant surprises
>
> San Francisco Giants
> Preseason win total: 75.5
> Current win total: 104 (+28.5)
> Not only did the Giants exceed expectations and the .500 mark, they’ve
> played like the best team in the Majors throughout the season, giving
> the heavily favored Dodgers everything they could handle in the NL
> West. Thanks to savvy moves from Farhan Zaidi’s front office and great
> work from manager Gabe Kapler’s staff, the Giants have received
> unexpectedly stellar contributions from both veterans (Buster Posey,
> Brandon Crawford, etc.) and under-the-radar breakouts (Logan Webb,
> LaMonte Wade Jr., etc.) on their way to a triple-digit win total.

I don't think it's all that big of a deal that MLB 'recognizes' the
Giants in this regards; the numbers are pretty obvious.

WHAT *WOULD* BE a big deal is if they ever examined their methodology
using this year as an example and 'course correct' for the future. But
that will never happen; they never do that. They are constantly
mesmerized by the bright shiny objects aka flashy high priced players
They will constantly salivate over players like Tatis Jr. and call him a
'5 tool player' even though he has the most errors in the NL. Last time
I checked, 'defense' is one of the 5 tools, but hey, don't let that get
in the way of promoting a narrative. :-)

-jon rossen

Re: The Giants get some recognition from MLB (Which teams surptised ...)

<sjd6ia$ebg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=220&group=alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants#220

From: pol...@kfu.com (poldy)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants
...)
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2021 14:15:53 -0700
 by: poldy - Sun, 3 Oct 2021 21:15 UTC

On 10/1/21 6:33 PM, John Walsh wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2021 22:40:04 -0700 (PDT), "benf802961@aol.com"
> <benf802961@aol.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, September 30, 2021 at 2:26:42 PM UTC-7, JohnW wrote:
>>> The pleasant surprises
>>>
>>> San Francisco Giants
>>> Preseason win total: 75.5
>>> Current win total: 104 (+28.5)
>>> Not only did the Giants exceed expectations and the .500 mark, they’ve
>>> played like the best team in the Majors throughout the season, giving
>>> the heavily favored Dodgers everything they could handle in the NL
>>> West. Thanks to savvy moves from Farhan Zaidi’s front office and great
>>> work from manager Gabe Kapler’s staff, the Giants have received
>>> unexpectedly stellar contributions from both veterans (Buster Posey,
>>> Brandon Crawford, etc.) and under-the-radar breakouts (Logan Webb,
>>> LaMonte Wade Jr., etc.) on their way to a triple-digit win total.
>>
>> Lots of thanks goes to Arizona. They went 2-17 vs the Giants. LOL
>
> Arizona will probably end the season with 110-111 losses. What's
> better is the Padres spending all that offseason money and tanking
> their way to 3rd place and a losing record. The whole time hyping
> Tatis Jr. and his home runs.

Tatis has the potential to win the MVP multiple times in the next decade.

He may not be enough to turn the Padres into a contender but you can't
say he's hype.