From: pc+use...@asdf.org (Phil Carmody)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Subject: Suzuka DOTD
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2024 13:42:16 +0300
sha1:RpNj0x2xGV71jjUQxjl8i3I9468=
 by: Phil Carmody - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 10:42 UTC

No wrong answers this week, IMHO. Apart from Ricciardo.

My top pick would be Leclerc, because he made the hard strategy work
better than other teams' easier strategy.

Super happy for Tsunoda getting points at his home race. It's so good
for the fans too - I love the Japanese crowd, they always throw
themselves fully into the event.

But you can't say anything negative about Sainz, and if there are people
who pick Bottas I'll not contradict them. Boring Verstappen chosers,
you're in the clear too, how can you fault a flawless race.

Special mention to Russell's eventual overtake!

"Not an overtaking circuit" - said what idiot!??!?

Phil
--
We are no longer hunters and nomads. No longer awed and frightened, as we have
gained some understanding of the world in which we live. As such, we can cast

Re: Suzuka DOTD

<Y4JQN.527463$vFZa.436033@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=22042&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#22042

Subject: Re: Suzuka DOTD
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 20:00:07 -0700
 by: a425couple - Mon, 8 Apr 2024 03:00 UTC

On 4/7/24 03:42, Phil Carmody wrote:
> No wrong answers this week, IMHO. Apart from Ricciardo.
>
> My top pick would be Leclerc, because he made the hard strategy work
> better than other teams' easier strategy.
> -----

I will skip most of my ideas because most would not find them humorous.

Some days go like that & this,,, for first time ever for this F1 pool,
I go an 'unusual' theory, and pick Leclerc for the win.
And so, here he does win the DOTD, but does not finish 1, nor 2, nor 3.
Yeah, whatever.

Re: Suzuka DOTD

<l7hfv5Ftk4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=22043&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#22043

From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (Sir Tim)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: 8 Apr 2024 06:08:37 GMT
 by: Sir Tim - Mon, 8 Apr 2024 06:08 UTC

Phil Carmody <pc+usenet@asdf.org> wrote:

> "Not an overtaking circuit" - said what idiot!??!?

Obviously Tsunoda wasn’t listening 😊

--
Sir Tim

Re: Suzuka DOTD

<uv0pvo$3gn3k$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=22048&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#22048

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2024 09:03:52 -0400
 by: Alan - Mon, 8 Apr 2024 13:03 UTC

On 2024-04-08 02:08, Sir Tim wrote:
> Phil Carmody <pc+usenet@asdf.org> wrote:
>

>> "Not an overtaking circuit" - said what idiot!??!?
>>
> Obviously Tsunoda wasn’t listening 😊

Give two cars sufficient difference in grip and any circuit wide enough
for two cars to drive side-by-side becomes an overtaking circuit.

The Suzuka esses just offer a particularly great opportunity to display
that.