P-K4

sport / alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets / Smith recalled, eager to prove himself in 'pen

SubjectAuthor
* Smith recalled, eager to prove himself in 'pen*ernie
+* Re: Smith recalled, eager to prove himself in 'penHass
|`* Re: Smith recalled, eager to prove himself in 'pen*ernie
| `* Re: Smith recalled, eager to prove himself in 'penPopping Mad
|  `* Re: Smith recalled, eager to prove himself in 'penPopping Mad
|   `- Re: Smith recalled, eager to prove himself in 'penPopping Mad
+- Re: Smith recalled, eager to prove himself in 'penPopping Mad
`* Re: Smith recalled, eager to prove himself in 'penMaestro
 +- Re: Smith recalled, eager to prove himself in 'penHass
 `* Re: Smith recalled, eager to prove himself in 'pen*ernie
  `- Re: Smith recalled, eager to prove himself in 'penPopping Mad

1
Smith recalled, eager to prove himself in 'pen

<qipl9gthvdg0n48c19979ir5hjrkhlj344@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2225&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#2225

From: alreadyd...@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Subject: Smith recalled, eager to prove himself in 'pen
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 16:22:00 -0400
 by: *ernie - Tue, 11 May 2021 20:22 UTC

If he turns out to be even half-ass, get rid of Diaz. Just cut the
teams losses and get ride of him. It will be addition by subtraction.
I'd rather have an unknown commodity in Smith than the crap I've come
to expect for Diaz.

https://www.mlb.com/mets/news/drew-smith-recalled-by-mets

NEW YORK -- For various reasons, one of the Mets’ more intriguing
young bullpen arms has been unable to stick in the Majors for any
length of time since debuting in 2018. Drew Smith burst onto the scene
that year and experienced immediate success, posting a 3.54 ERA over
27 appearances as a rookie. But he tore his ulnar collateral ligament
the following spring and spent the next year and a half recovering
from Tommy John surgery.

Upon returning last summer, Smith never received consistent chances,
shuttling up and down from the alternate training site throughout the
abbreviated season. A poor outing in his final appearance bloated his
numbers in a small sample, making them look worse than the overall
body of work actually was.

Finally, this spring, Smith was racing toward a roster spot when he
experienced a bout of shoulder inflammation that set him back several
weeks. He remained in Florida when camp broke, staying away from the
Mets until they called him up to Citi Field for his season debut on
Sunday.

“Honestly, it was pretty demoralizing, just because I knew I had a
decent chance to make the team, and I was pitching well,” Smith said
of his spring shoulder injury. “I had finally started to feel pretty
normal again after Tommy John. So that was the hardest part, was my
elbow was starting to feel really good. I was actually just talking to
the [physical therapists] about it in Spring Training, like, ‘Man, I’m
feeling normal.’ And then that shoulder thing just happened. So it was
pretty frustrating, but luckily, it was pretty minor, and I was able
to bounce back pretty quick. Hopefully, it’s in the past now.”

Overall, Smith has produced a 4.11 ERA in 35 career appearances. He is
one of the last remaining prospects from a 2017 Trade Deadline haul
that saw the Mets trade several prominent veterans in exchange for a
cadre of relief prospects. Last year, Smith introduced a cutter into
his arsenal, pairing it with a fastball that he throws in the mid- to
upper 90s (as well as a slower curve). He spent time two offseasons
ago shadowing Clayton Kershaw in Texas, using that chance to learn how
the future Hall of Famer tunnels his pitches.

In that manner, Smith hopes to give the Mets no choice but to keep him
this time around.

ernie k.
alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com

Re: Smith recalled, eager to prove himself in 'pen

<f896b52e-ea15-468c-881d-e60ac1525445n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2226&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#2226

Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 17:45:20 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Smith recalled, eager to prove himself in 'pen
From: bhasselb...@gmail.com (Hass)
 by: Hass - Wed, 12 May 2021 00:45 UTC

On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 3:22:02 PM UTC-5, *ernie wrote:
> If he turns out to be even half-ass, get rid of Diaz. Just cut the
> teams losses and get ride of him. It will be addition by subtraction.
> I'd rather have an unknown commodity in Smith than the crap I've come
> to expect for Diaz.
>

> https://www.mlb.com/mets/news/drew-smith-recalled-by-mets
>
> NEW YORK -- For various reasons, one of the Mets’ more intriguing
> young bullpen arms has been unable to stick in the Majors for any
> length of time since debuting in 2018. Drew Smith burst onto the scene
> that year and experienced immediate success, posting a 3.54 ERA over
> 27 appearances as a rookie. But he tore his ulnar collateral ligament
> the following spring and spent the next year and a half recovering
> from Tommy John surgery.
>
> Upon returning last summer, Smith never received consistent chances,
> shuttling up and down from the alternate training site throughout the
> abbreviated season. A poor outing in his final appearance bloated his
> numbers in a small sample, making them look worse than the overall
> body of work actually was.
>
> Finally, this spring, Smith was racing toward a roster spot when he
> experienced a bout of shoulder inflammation that set him back several
> weeks. He remained in Florida when camp broke, staying away from the
> Mets until they called him up to Citi Field for his season debut on
> Sunday.
>
> “Honestly, it was pretty demoralizing, just because I knew I had a
> decent chance to make the team, and I was pitching well,” Smith said
> of his spring shoulder injury. “I had finally started to feel pretty
> normal again after Tommy John. So that was the hardest part, was my
> elbow was starting to feel really good. I was actually just talking to
> the [physical therapists] about it in Spring Training, like, ‘Man, I’m
> feeling normal.’ And then that shoulder thing just happened. So it was
> pretty frustrating, but luckily, it was pretty minor, and I was able
> to bounce back pretty quick. Hopefully, it’s in the past now.”
>
> Overall, Smith has produced a 4.11 ERA in 35 career appearances. He is
> one of the last remaining prospects from a 2017 Trade Deadline haul
> that saw the Mets trade several prominent veterans in exchange for a
> cadre of relief prospects. Last year, Smith introduced a cutter into
> his arsenal, pairing it with a fastball that he throws in the mid- to
> upper 90s (as well as a slower curve). He spent time two offseasons
> ago shadowing Clayton Kershaw in Texas, using that chance to learn how
> the future Hall of Famer tunnels his pitches.
>
> In that manner, Smith hopes to give the Mets no choice but to keep him
> this time around.
>
> ernie k.
> already...@hotmail.com

And now we get to start watching Kelenic tear it up...

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31423810/seattle-mariners-expected-call-top-prospect-jarred-kelenic-week-sources-say

Re: Smith recalled, eager to prove himself in 'pen

<9dim9g1j4vkhs1qvl22e6ilvfjknt8omsq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2227&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#2227

From: alreadyd...@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 23:26:21 -0400
 by: *ernie - Wed, 12 May 2021 03:26 UTC

On Tue, 11 May 2021 17:45:20 -0700 (PDT), Hass <bhasselback@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
>> to bounce back pretty quick. Hopefully, it’s in the past now.”
>>
>> Overall, Smith has produced a 4.11 ERA in 35 career appearances. He is
>> one of the last remaining prospects from a 2017 Trade Deadline haul
>> that saw the Mets trade several prominent veterans in exchange for a
>> cadre of relief prospects. Last year, Smith introduced a cutter into
>> his arsenal, pairing it with a fastball that he throws in the mid- to
>> upper 90s (as well as a slower curve). He spent time two offseasons
>> ago shadowing Clayton Kershaw in Texas, using that chance to learn how
>> the future Hall of Famer tunnels his pitches.
>>
>> In that manner, Smith hopes to give the Mets no choice but to keep him
>> this time around.
>>
>> ernie k.
>> already...@hotmail.com
>
>And now we get to start watching Kelenic tear it up...

If this kid is half as good as advertised, that trade will go down as
an all-time blunder. I'll assume the Mets knew along that Canoe was
washed up, but what was their thinking with Diaz? Did they think a
stellar reliever for a shit Seattle team could duplicate that with a
contending New York team? They should just cut their losses and
release him.

Re: Smith recalled, eager to prove himself in 'pen

<s7eseu$8qv$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2230&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#2230

From: rain...@colition.gov (Popping Mad)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 17:19:05 -0400
 by: Popping Mad - Tue, 11 May 2021 21:19 UTC

On 5/11/21 4:22 PM, *ernie wrote:
> If he turns out to be even half-ass, get rid of Diaz.

Drew Smith can take the role of Diaz?

Re: Smith recalled, eager to prove himself in 'pen

<s7if67$qhc$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2231&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#2231

From: rain...@colition.gov (Popping Mad)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 01:57:05 -0400
 by: Popping Mad - Thu, 13 May 2021 05:57 UTC

On 5/11/21 11:26 PM, *ernie wrote:
> If this kid is half as good as advertised, that trade will go down as
> an all-time blunder.

That trade was the alltime blunder before it was completed. Blame
idiots like Martino on Shea Anything and SNY who believe that trading
prospects for established players is a valid means of building a ball
club. Never mind that there has never been a good trade in major league
history that invloved trading grade A prospects for established players.

What they were after was indeed, Diaz. There was no reason in the world
to believe he was a flash in the pan other than the fact that relievers
usually have short lives. But Diaz's value is not finished yet. Taking
the Cano contract was the price. But considering the cost, I don't know
why they offered ANY players of specific value for the Cano contract.
Cano is a steroids junky that the Mariners were locked into and stuck
with and they unloaded that albatross on us. If they were going to do
that, they could have picked up Stanton. Dealing prospects is like
cutting off the Oxegen supply of your organization. It ALWAYS is, 100%
of the time.

Even the trade for Rusty Stuab, which shipped out Tim Foil, Mike
Jorgensen and Ken Singleton was a failed trade, and THAT is the best it
gets. You can look at the Piazza trade, if you considered any of those
players grade prospects, which they really weren't. But the Marlins got
back considerable value after unloading all that salary with Preston
Wilson. You just never win trading grade A prospects.

If there is one rule in baseball, collect prospects and trade old
contracts and NEVER trade for a middle aged infielder from Cleveland.

Re: Smith recalled, eager to prove himself in 'pen

<56e49580-3b77-4436-8824-a3df18b5a700n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2232&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#2232

Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 05:05:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: lowhe...@gmail.com (Maestro)
 by: Maestro - Thu, 13 May 2021 12:05 UTC

On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 1:22:02 PM UTC-7, *ernie wrote:
> If he turns out to be even half-ass, get rid of Diaz. Just cut the
> teams losses and get ride of him. It will be addition by subtraction.
> I'd rather have an unknown commodity in Smith than the crap I've come
> to expect for Diaz.
>

> https://www.mlb.com/mets/news/drew-smith-recalled-by-mets
>
> NEW YORK -- For various reasons, one of the Mets’ more intriguing
> young bullpen arms has been unable to stick in the Majors for any
> length of time since debuting in 2018. Drew Smith burst onto the scene
> that year and experienced immediate success, posting a 3.54 ERA over
> 27 appearances as a rookie. But he tore his ulnar collateral ligament
> the following spring and spent the next year and a half recovering
> from Tommy John surgery.
>
> Upon returning last summer, Smith never received consistent chances,
> shuttling up and down from the alternate training site throughout the
> abbreviated season. A poor outing in his final appearance bloated his
> numbers in a small sample, making them look worse than the overall
> body of work actually was.
>
> Finally, this spring, Smith was racing toward a roster spot when he
> experienced a bout of shoulder inflammation that set him back several
> weeks. He remained in Florida when camp broke, staying away from the
> Mets until they called him up to Citi Field for his season debut on
> Sunday.
>
> “Honestly, it was pretty demoralizing, just because I knew I had a
> decent chance to make the team, and I was pitching well,” Smith said
> of his spring shoulder injury. “I had finally started to feel pretty
> normal again after Tommy John. So that was the hardest part, was my
> elbow was starting to feel really good. I was actually just talking to
> the [physical therapists] about it in Spring Training, like, ‘Man, I’m
> feeling normal.’ And then that shoulder thing just happened. So it was
> pretty frustrating, but luckily, it was pretty minor, and I was able
> to bounce back pretty quick. Hopefully, it’s in the past now.”
>
> Overall, Smith has produced a 4.11 ERA in 35 career appearances. He is
> one of the last remaining prospects from a 2017 Trade Deadline haul
> that saw the Mets trade several prominent veterans in exchange for a
> cadre of relief prospects. Last year, Smith introduced a cutter into
> his arsenal, pairing it with a fastball that he throws in the mid- to
> upper 90s (as well as a slower curve). He spent time two offseasons
> ago shadowing Clayton Kershaw in Texas, using that chance to learn how
> the future Hall of Famer tunnels his pitches.
>
> In that manner, Smith hopes to give the Mets no choice but to keep him
> this time around.
>
> ernie k.
> already...@hotmail.com
Diaz had one bad year, the year before that he was lights out.

Now he has a real catcher, and he's doing fine.

Re: Smith recalled, eager to prove himself in 'pen

<309a91c3-5dcf-4270-8000-928077b3a70bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2233&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#2233

Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 07:25:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: bhasselb...@gmail.com (Hass)
 by: Hass - Thu, 13 May 2021 14:25 UTC

On Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 7:05:08 AM UTC-5, Maestro wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 1:22:02 PM UTC-7, *ernie wrote:
> > If he turns out to be even half-ass, get rid of Diaz. Just cut the
> > teams losses and get ride of him. It will be addition by subtraction.
> > I'd rather have an unknown commodity in Smith than the crap I've come
> > to expect for Diaz.
> >

> > https://www.mlb.com/mets/news/drew-smith-recalled-by-mets
> >
> > NEW YORK -- For various reasons, one of the Mets’ more intriguing
> > young bullpen arms has been unable to stick in the Majors for any
> > length of time since debuting in 2018. Drew Smith burst onto the scene
> > that year and experienced immediate success, posting a 3.54 ERA over
> > 27 appearances as a rookie. But he tore his ulnar collateral ligament
> > the following spring and spent the next year and a half recovering
> > from Tommy John surgery.
> >
> > Upon returning last summer, Smith never received consistent chances,
> > shuttling up and down from the alternate training site throughout the
> > abbreviated season. A poor outing in his final appearance bloated his
> > numbers in a small sample, making them look worse than the overall
> > body of work actually was.
> >
> > Finally, this spring, Smith was racing toward a roster spot when he
> > experienced a bout of shoulder inflammation that set him back several
> > weeks. He remained in Florida when camp broke, staying away from the
> > Mets until they called him up to Citi Field for his season debut on
> > Sunday.
> >
> > “Honestly, it was pretty demoralizing, just because I knew I had a
> > decent chance to make the team, and I was pitching well,” Smith said
> > of his spring shoulder injury. “I had finally started to feel pretty
> > normal again after Tommy John. So that was the hardest part, was my
> > elbow was starting to feel really good. I was actually just talking to
> > the [physical therapists] about it in Spring Training, like, ‘Man, I’m
> > feeling normal.’ And then that shoulder thing just happened. So it was
> > pretty frustrating, but luckily, it was pretty minor, and I was able
> > to bounce back pretty quick. Hopefully, it’s in the past now.”
> >
> > Overall, Smith has produced a 4.11 ERA in 35 career appearances. He is
> > one of the last remaining prospects from a 2017 Trade Deadline haul
> > that saw the Mets trade several prominent veterans in exchange for a
> > cadre of relief prospects. Last year, Smith introduced a cutter into
> > his arsenal, pairing it with a fastball that he throws in the mid- to
> > upper 90s (as well as a slower curve). He spent time two offseasons
> > ago shadowing Clayton Kershaw in Texas, using that chance to learn how
> > the future Hall of Famer tunnels his pitches.
> >
> > In that manner, Smith hopes to give the Mets no choice but to keep him
> > this time around.
> >
> > ernie k.
> > already...@hotmail.com
> Diaz had one bad year, the year before that he was lights out.
>
> Now he has a real catcher, and he's doing fine.

Yeah, I'm not quite ready to give up on him...his stuff is electric, no doubt. Doesn't seem to do well in non-save situations, but many closers are like that. He had a nice 5-out performance the other day, too. All those HR's in 2019 have to be an aberration...the entire BP this season has been lights out so far.

Re: Smith recalled, eager to prove himself in 'pen

<s7k6pc$nu0$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2234&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#2234

From: rain...@colition.gov (Popping Mad)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 17:46:00 -0400
 by: Popping Mad - Thu, 13 May 2021 21:46 UTC

On 5/13/21 1:57 AM, Popping Mad wrote:
> On 5/11/21 11:26 PM, *ernie wrote:
>> If this kid is half as good as advertised, that trade will go down as
>> an all-time blunder.
>

> That trade was the alltime blunder before it was completed. Blame
> idiots like Martino on Shea Anything and SNY who believe that trading
> prospects for established players is a valid means of building a ball
> club. Never mind that there has never been a good trade in major league
> history that invloved trading grade A prospects for established players.
>
> What they were after was indeed, Diaz. There was no reason in the world
> to believe he was a flash in the pan other than the fact that relievers
> usually have short lives. But Diaz's value is not finished yet. Taking
> the Cano contract was the price. But considering the cost, I don't know
> why they offered ANY players of specific value for the Cano contract.
> Cano is a steroids junky that the Mariners were locked into and stuck
> with and they unloaded that albatross on us. If they were going to do
> that, they could have picked up Stanton. Dealing prospects is like
> cutting off the Oxegen supply of your organization. It ALWAYS is, 100%
> of the time.
>
> Even the trade for Rusty Stuab, which shipped out Tim Foil, Mike
> Jorgensen and Ken Singleton was a failed trade, and THAT is the best it
> gets. You can look at the Piazza trade, if you considered any of those
> players grade prospects, which they really weren't. But the Marlins got
> back considerable value after unloading all that salary with Preston
> Wilson. You just never win trading grade A prospects.
>
> If there is one rule in baseball, collect prospects and trade old
> contracts and NEVER trade for a middle aged infielder from Cleveland.

https://www.mlb.com/video/get-hyped-for-kelenic-s-arrival

Re: Smith recalled, eager to prove himself in 'pen

<t8eu9g95srro93ilopc04ba6upjjhcje71@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2235&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#2235

From: alreadyd...@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 23:04:44 -0400
 by: *ernie - Sat, 15 May 2021 03:04 UTC

On Thu, 13 May 2021 05:05:06 -0700 (PDT), Maestro <lowhertz@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 1:22:02 PM UTC-7, *ernie wrote:
>> If he turns out to be even half-ass, get rid of Diaz. Just cut the
>> teams losses and get ride of him. It will be addition by subtraction.
>> I'd rather have an unknown commodity in Smith than the crap I've come
>> to expect for Diaz.
>>

>> https://www.mlb.com/mets/news/drew-smith-recalled-by-mets
>>
>> NEW YORK -- For various reasons, one of the Mets’ more intriguing
>> young bullpen arms has been unable to stick in the Majors for any
>> length of time since debuting in 2018. Drew Smith burst onto the scene
>> that year and experienced immediate success, posting a 3.54 ERA over
>> 27 appearances as a rookie. But he tore his ulnar collateral ligament
>> the following spring and spent the next year and a half recovering
>> from Tommy John surgery.
>>
>> Upon returning last summer, Smith never received consistent chances,
>> shuttling up and down from the alternate training site throughout the
>> abbreviated season. A poor outing in his final appearance bloated his
>> numbers in a small sample, making them look worse than the overall
>> body of work actually was.
>>
>> Finally, this spring, Smith was racing toward a roster spot when he
>> experienced a bout of shoulder inflammation that set him back several
>> weeks. He remained in Florida when camp broke, staying away from the
>> Mets until they called him up to Citi Field for his season debut on
>> Sunday.
>>
>> “Honestly, it was pretty demoralizing, just because I knew I had a
>> decent chance to make the team, and I was pitching well,” Smith said
>> of his spring shoulder injury. “I had finally started to feel pretty
>> normal again after Tommy John. So that was the hardest part, was my
>> elbow was starting to feel really good. I was actually just talking to
>> the [physical therapists] about it in Spring Training, like, ‘Man, I’m
>> feeling normal.’ And then that shoulder thing just happened. So it was
>> pretty frustrating, but luckily, it was pretty minor, and I was able
>> to bounce back pretty quick. Hopefully, it’s in the past now.”
>>
>> Overall, Smith has produced a 4.11 ERA in 35 career appearances. He is
>> one of the last remaining prospects from a 2017 Trade Deadline haul
>> that saw the Mets trade several prominent veterans in exchange for a
>> cadre of relief prospects. Last year, Smith introduced a cutter into
>> his arsenal, pairing it with a fastball that he throws in the mid- to
>> upper 90s (as well as a slower curve). He spent time two offseasons
>> ago shadowing Clayton Kershaw in Texas, using that chance to learn how
>> the future Hall of Famer tunnels his pitches.
>>
>> In that manner, Smith hopes to give the Mets no choice but to keep him
>> this time around.
>>
>> ernie k.
>> already...@hotmail.com
>Diaz had one bad year, the year before that he was lights out.
>
>Now he has a real catcher, and he's doing fine.

Diaz may be a superstar in any city but New York. Some guys just don't
do well here. He sucked in 2019 and did again last season until the
season was a lost cause; only then with no real pressure anymore did
he pitch well. He belongs in the same category as Randy Meyers,
Armando Benitez and Jeurys Familia; great numbers that mean nothing
when it means the most. Ditch him!

Re: Smith recalled, eager to prove himself in 'pen

<s7pcsj$c0u$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2236&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#2236

From: rain...@colition.gov (Popping Mad)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 17:00:47 -0400
 by: Popping Mad - Sat, 15 May 2021 21:00 UTC

On 5/14/21 11:04 PM, *ernie wrote:
> Randy Meyers

want to check the 1988 Randy Meyers season again?

Re: Smith recalled, eager to prove himself in 'pen

<s93kea$rmg$2@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2250&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#2250

From: rain...@colition.gov (Popping Mad)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 17:27:20 -0400
 by: Popping Mad - Mon, 31 May 2021 21:27 UTC

On 5/13/21 5:46 PM, Popping Mad wrote:
> On 5/13/21 1:57 AM, Popping Mad wrote:
>> On 5/11/21 11:26 PM, *ernie wrote:
>>> If this kid is half as good as advertised, that trade will go down as
>>> an all-time blunder.
>>

>> That trade was the alltime blunder before it was completed. Blame
>> idiots like Martino on Shea Anything and SNY who believe that trading
>> prospects for established players is a valid means of building a ball
>> club. Never mind that there has never been a good trade in major league
>> history that invloved trading grade A prospects for established players.
>>
>> What they were after was indeed, Diaz. There was no reason in the world
>> to believe he was a flash in the pan other than the fact that relievers
>> usually have short lives. But Diaz's value is not finished yet. Taking
>> the Cano contract was the price. But considering the cost, I don't know
>> why they offered ANY players of specific value for the Cano contract.
>> Cano is a steroids junky that the Mariners were locked into and stuck
>> with and they unloaded that albatross on us. If they were going to do
>> that, they could have picked up Stanton. Dealing prospects is like
>> cutting off the Oxegen supply of your organization. It ALWAYS is, 100%
>> of the time.
>>
>> Even the trade for Rusty Stuab, which shipped out Tim Foil, Mike
>> Jorgensen and Ken Singleton was a failed trade, and THAT is the best it
>> gets. You can look at the Piazza trade, if you considered any of those
>> players grade prospects, which they really weren't. But the Marlins got
>> back considerable value after unloading all that salary with Preston
>> Wilson. You just never win trading grade A prospects.
>>
>> If there is one rule in baseball, collect prospects and trade old
>> contracts and NEVER trade for a middle aged infielder from Cleveland.
>>

> https://www.mlb.com/video/get-hyped-for-kelenic-s-arrival

It may mean nothing but the kid aint hitting