From: maximush...@gmx.com (max headroom)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.nascar
Subject: NASCAR Fines Richard Childress Racing No. 3 Team $75,000 With Additional Penalty
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 09:32:27 -0700
 by: max headroom - Fri, 21 Apr 2023 16:32 UTC

NASCAR Fines Richard Childress Racing No. 3 Team $75,000 With Additional Penalty

Remso Martinez

A rules infraction has hit Richard Childress Racing's No. 3 NASCAR Cup Series
team with a pretty hefty fine of $75,000 with an additional penalty of 60
points.

On Wednesday, NASCAR announced that the team had violated the rules regarding
assembled vehicles regarding the car's underwing assembly as well as its
hardware. Due to this, crew chief Keith Rodden was issued a fine of $75,000 in
addition to being suspended for the next two races.

It didn't stop there though. driver Austin Dillon and the team as a whole were
also penalized 60 points including five playoff points. What this has done has
dropped Dillon from his 21st standing to 28th overall this season with a total
of 122 points.

Richard Childress Racing, obviously upset by NASCAR's decision, tweeted out on
Wednesday their intention to appeal the decision.

"We are disappointed in the penalty that NASCAR issued to Richard Childress
Racing following the recent NASCAR Cup Series race at Martinsville, and plan to
go through the appeal process," the official statement read.

Things don't stop there it seems. NASCAR to suspend two additional crew members,
Chris Jackson and David Smith, who are part of the No. 78 Live Fast Motorsport
Cup team for driver Anthony Alfredo, due to a lost wheel during the race at
Martinsville.

Xfinity Series crew chiefs Mike Bumgarner, Jeff Meandering and Mike Scearce
weren't able to avoid fines either. The three men were each also slapped with a
fine of $5,000 for violations regarding lug-nuts.

https://www.boundingintosports.com/2023/04/nascar-fines-richard-childress-racing-no-3-team-75000-with-additional-penalty/

Re: NASCAR Fines Richard Childress Racing No. 3 Team $75,000 With Additional Penalty

<806b8414-b7c4-42e9-92d3-22b3fda9ce69n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=243&group=rec.autos.sport.nascar#243

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.nascar
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 20:39:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: NASCAR Fines Richard Childress Racing No. 3 Team $75,000 With
Additional Penalty
From: thekmanr...@gmail.com (Chris K-Man (Zickcermacity))
 by: Chris K-Man (Zickcer - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 03:39 UTC

On Friday, April 21, 2023 at 12:32:41 PM UTC-4, max headroom wrote:
> NASCAR Fines Richard Childress Racing No. 3 Team $75,000 With Additional Penalty
>
> Remso Martinez
>
> A rules infraction has hit Richard Childress Racing's No. 3 NASCAR Cup Series
> team with a pretty hefty fine of $75,000 with an additional penalty of 60
> points.
>
> On Wednesday, NASCAR announced that the team had violated the rules regarding
> assembled vehicles regarding the car's underwing assembly as well as its
> hardware. Due to this, crew chief Keith Rodden was issued a fine of $75,000 in
> addition to being suspended for the next two races.
>
> It didn't stop there though. driver Austin Dillon and the team as a whole were
> also penalized 60 points including five playoff points. What this has done has
> dropped Dillon from his 21st standing to 28th overall this season with a total
> of 122 points.
>
> Richard Childress Racing, obviously upset by NASCAR's decision, tweeted out on
> Wednesday their intention to appeal the decision.
>
> "We are disappointed in the penalty that NASCAR issued to Richard Childress
> Racing following the recent NASCAR Cup Series race at Martinsville, and plan to
> go through the appeal process," the official statement read.
>
> Things don't stop there it seems. NASCAR to suspend two additional crew members,
> Chris Jackson and David Smith, who are part of the No. 78 Live Fast Motorsport
> Cup team for driver Anthony Alfredo, due to a lost wheel during the race at
> Martinsville.
>
> Xfinity Series crew chiefs Mike Bumgarner, Jeff Meandering and Mike Scearce
> weren't able to avoid fines either. The three men were each also slapped with a
> fine of $5,000 for violations regarding lug-nuts.
>
> https://www.boundingintosports.com/2023/04/nascar-fines-richard-childress-racing-no-3-team-75000-with-additional-penalty/

Let's see if Childress and Live Fast can get their penalties revoked, like HMS
got their window dressing penalties yanked last month!