From 0 to "what seems to be the problem officer" in 8.3 seconds. -- Ad for the new VW Corrado

sport / alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets / Re: where did Jeff McNeil come out of

SubjectAuthor
* where did Jeff McNeil come out ofPopping Mad
`* Re: where did Jeff McNeil come out of*ernie
 +- Re: where did Jeff McNeil come out ofPopping Mad
 `- Re: where did Jeff McNeil come out ofPopping Mad

1
where did Jeff McNeil come out of

<sofh7s$7st$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2436&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#2436

From: rain...@colition.gov (Popping Mad)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Subject: where did Jeff McNeil come out of
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 05:50:30 -0500
 by: Popping Mad - Sat, 4 Dec 2021 10:50 UTC

https://www.amazinavenue.com/2013/6/12/4421734/2013-mets-draft-results-jeff-mcneil

The McNeil rise (and now fall) is one of the most remarkable baseball
stories I'd ever seen. By the end of 2019, it was clear that he had
been wasted on minor league ball for quiet some time. This is a
scouting report when he was still in the minors.

The 318 .384 .531 .916 143 slash line was positively Alfonzo like and
his defense was extraodinary everywhere he played? What happened since
then?

Two things, I think. First, I believe that despite the full season,
that COVID-19 has largely distorted the 2021 season. You can see
weirdness throughout the game. It was anything but a routine season for
players of fans with quarantines and travel restrictions.

The second thing that has harmed him, and also Conforto, IMO, is the
emphasis of lifting the ball to maximize home runs. It is a lousy
aproach to hitting and it destroyed McNeils sweet slashing style of
hitting, as it killed Conforto's strong opposite field HR stroke.

The Mets coaching has very negatively affected a player they had
overlooked, and not tinkered with to the point of destroying his hitting
aproach.

Re: where did Jeff McNeil come out of

<te6rqgpmc89tmbv01i6vdmpe09sadg7u6c@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2437&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#2437

From: alreadyd...@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Subject: Re: where did Jeff McNeil come out of
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 00:07:17 -0500
 by: *ernie - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 05:07 UTC

On Sat, 4 Dec 2021 05:50:30 -0500, Popping Mad <rainbow@colition.gov>
wrote:

>https://www.amazinavenue.com/2013/6/12/4421734/2013-mets-draft-results-jeff-mcneil
>
>The McNeil rise (and now fall) is one of the most remarkable baseball
>stories I'd ever seen. By the end of 2019, it was clear that he had
>been wasted on minor league ball for quiet some time. This is a
>scouting report when he was still in the minors.
>
>The 318 .384 .531 .916 143 slash line was positively Alfonzo like and
>his defense was extraodinary everywhere he played? What happened since
>then?
>
>Two things, I think. First, I believe that despite the full season,
>that COVID-19 has largely distorted the 2021 season. You can see
>weirdness throughout the game. It was anything but a routine season for
>players of fans with quarantines and travel restrictions.
>
>The second thing that has harmed him, and also Conforto, IMO, is the
>emphasis of lifting the ball to maximize home runs. It is a lousy
>aproach to hitting and it destroyed McNeils sweet slashing style of
>hitting, as it killed Conforto's strong opposite field HR stroke.
>
>The Mets coaching has very negatively affected a player they had
>overlooked, and not tinkered with to the point of destroying his hitting
>aproach.

Two years ago I thought McNeil had Daniel Murphy potential. I still
think he can turn it around but he better do it soon. Dumping Chili
Davis was a mistake.

Re: where did Jeff McNeil come out of

<sokd6e$es5$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2439&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#2439

From: rain...@colition.gov (Popping Mad)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 02:12:09 -0500
 by: Popping Mad - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 07:12 UTC

On 12/6/21 00:07, *ernie wrote:
> Two years ago I thought McNeil had Daniel Murphy potential.

he was better. But the player he reminded me of was Pete Rose.

Re: where did Jeff McNeil come out of

<sokd9h$es5$2@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2440&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#2440

From: rain...@colition.gov (Popping Mad)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 02:13:47 -0500
 by: Popping Mad - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 07:13 UTC

On 12/6/21 00:07, *ernie wrote:
> Dumping Chili
> Davis was a mistake.

Screwing with there hitters line drive and opposite field strokes was a
HUGE error. Imagine what they would have done to Piazza and David
Wright.... to preach pulling the ball to Hank Aaron who sprayed the ball
all over the field with his wrist.