Life is a yo-yo, and mankind ties knots in the string.

sport / alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets / Re: Mets Get Bassitt for Garbage

SubjectAuthor
* Mets Get Bassitt for GarbageHass
`* Re: Mets Get Bassitt for Garbage*ernie
 +* Re: Mets Get Bassitt for GarbagePopping Mad
 |`- Re: Mets Get Bassitt for GarbageHass
 `* Re: Mets Get Bassitt for GarbagePopping Mad
  `- Re: Mets Get Bassitt for GarbageHass

1
Mets Get Bassitt for Garbage

<471135ca-9da4-423a-a27b-e25c1ed8e287n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2503&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#2503

Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 17:01:03 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Mets Get Bassitt for Garbage
From: bhasselb...@gmail.com (Hass)
 by: Hass - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 01:01 UTC

Nice job by Eppler...Ginn and Oiler is a small price for a proven #3. An added bonus is we're now rid of BVD's top picks.

https://www.mlb.com/news/chris-bassitt-mets-trade

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. -- If the Mets had an obvious roster weakness heading into the opening days of Spring Training, it was their rotation. While that might seem counterintuitive for a bunch headlined by Jacob deGrom and Max Scherzer, the Mets’ starting five was littered with question marks.

And so the front office made a necessary deal on Saturday evening, acquiring right-hander Chris Bassitt from the A’s for pitching prospects J.T. Ginn and Adam Oller. The trade brings the Mets a pitcher who produced a 3.15 ERA over 27 starts last season in Oakland, though it comes at a cost: Ginn was one of the Mets’ two highest-ranked pitching prospects.

Bassitt, 33, is a former 16th-round pick who did not enjoy sustained success in the Majors until after recovering from Tommy John surgery in 2018. Since that time, Bassitt has gone 29-14 with a 3.23 ERA in 70 starts and seven relief appearances, with 396 strikeouts over 412 innings. His walk rate has declined every year since ’18, bottoming out at 2.23 per nine innings last season -- 10th-lowest in the American League among pitchers with at least 150 innings.

Last year, Bassitt made the All-Star team for the first time in his seven-year career. His season was interrupted on Aug. 17 when a line drive struck him on the head, but Bassitt underwent facial surgery and recovered in time to make two starts before the end of last season, allowing one run over 6 1/3 combined innings.

In New York, Bassitt should slot somewhere in the back half of the rotation alongside Taijuan Walker and Carlos Carrasco. The move likely pushes David Peterson and Tylor Megill either to the Minors or the bullpen to start the season.

Re: Mets Get Bassitt for Garbage

<t0ktpo$so2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2504&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#2504

From: alreadyd...@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Subject: Re: Mets Get Bassitt for Garbage
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 10:06:47 -0400
 by: *ernie - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 14:06 UTC

On 3/12/2022 8:01 PM, Hass wrote:
> Nice job by Eppler...Ginn and Oiler is a small price for a proven #3. An added bonus is we're now rid of BVD's top picks.
>
> https://www.mlb.com/news/chris-bassitt-mets-trade
>
> PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. -- If the Mets had an obvious roster weakness heading into the opening days of Spring Training, it was their rotation. While that might seem counterintuitive for a bunch headlined by Jacob deGrom and Max Scherzer, the Mets’ starting five was littered with question marks.
>
> And so the front office made a necessary deal on Saturday evening, acquiring right-hander Chris Bassitt from the A’s for pitching prospects J.T. Ginn and Adam Oller. The trade brings the Mets a pitcher who produced a 3.15 ERA over 27 starts last season in Oakland, though it comes at a cost: Ginn was one of the Mets’ two highest-ranked pitching prospects.
>
> Bassitt, 33, is a former 16th-round pick who did not enjoy sustained success in the Majors until after recovering from Tommy John surgery in 2018. Since that time, Bassitt has gone 29-14 with a 3.23 ERA in 70 starts and seven relief appearances, with 396 strikeouts over 412 innings. His walk rate has declined every year since ’18, bottoming out at 2.23 per nine innings last season -- 10th-lowest in the American League among pitchers with at least 150 innings.
>
> Last year, Bassitt made the All-Star team for the first time in his seven-year career. His season was interrupted on Aug. 17 when a line drive struck him on the head, but Bassitt underwent facial surgery and recovered in time to make two starts before the end of last season, allowing one run over 6 1/3 combined innings.
>
> In New York, Bassitt should slot somewhere in the back half of the rotation alongside Taijuan Walker and Carlos Carrasco. The move likely pushes David Peterson and Tylor Megill either to the Minors or the bullpen to start the season.

These are the type of trades teams with a large budget can pull. We get
a potential something for 2 probably nothings. Nice!

Re: Mets Get Bassitt for Garbage

<t0l1f0$2ke$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2505&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#2505

From: rain...@colition.gov (Popping Mad)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 11:08:18 -0400
 by: Popping Mad - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 15:08 UTC

On 3/13/22 10:06, *ernie wrote:
> These are the type of trades teams with a large budget can pull.

and they usually end up depleting their prospects and end up end up with
old rosters. This is a 33 year old pitcher.

You don't trade for these guys, you sign them

Re: Mets Get Bassitt for Garbage

<t0l1op$jgf$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2506&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#2506

From: rain...@colition.gov (Popping Mad)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 11:13:32 -0400
 by: Popping Mad - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 15:13 UTC

Basset is well known though for being part of one of the worst trades in
history..

On 3/13/22 10:06, *ernie wrote:
> On 3/12/2022 8:01 PM, Hass wrote:
>> Nice job by Eppler...Ginn and Oiler is a small price for a proven #3.
>> An added bonus is we're now rid of BVD's top picks.
>>
>> https://www.mlb.com/news/chris-bassitt-mets-trade
>>
>> PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. -- If the Mets had an obvious roster weakness
>> heading into the opening days of Spring Training, it was their
>> rotation. While that might seem counterintuitive for a bunch headlined
>> by Jacob deGrom and Max Scherzer, the Mets’ starting five was littered
>> with question marks.
>>
>> And so the front office made a necessary deal on Saturday evening,
>> acquiring right-hander Chris Bassitt from the A’s for pitching
>> prospects J.T. Ginn and Adam Oller. The trade brings the Mets a
>> pitcher who produced a 3.15 ERA over 27 starts last season in Oakland,
>> though it comes at a cost: Ginn was one of the Mets’ two
>> highest-ranked pitching prospects.
>>
>> Bassitt, 33, is a former 16th-round pick who did not enjoy sustained
>> success in the Majors until after recovering from Tommy John surgery
>> in 2018. Since that time, Bassitt has gone 29-14 with a 3.23 ERA in 70
>> starts and seven relief appearances, with 396 strikeouts over 412
>> innings. His walk rate has declined every year since ’18, bottoming
>> out at 2.23 per nine innings last season -- 10th-lowest in the
>> American League among pitchers with at least 150 innings.
>>
>> Last year, Bassitt made the All-Star team for the first time in his
>> seven-year career. His season was interrupted on Aug. 17 when a line
>> drive struck him on the head, but Bassitt underwent facial surgery and
>> recovered in time to make two starts before the end of last season,
>> allowing one run over 6 1/3 combined innings.
>>
>> In New York, Bassitt should slot somewhere in the back half of the
>> rotation alongside Taijuan Walker and Carlos Carrasco. The move likely
>> pushes David Peterson and Tylor Megill either to the Minors or the
>> bullpen to start the season.
>

> These are the type of trades teams with a large budget can pull. We get
> a potential something for 2 probably nothings. Nice!

Re: Mets Get Bassitt for Garbage

<ca9a9ab3-5954-4eee-a2f1-14c3ca9e6caen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2507&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#2507

Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 08:33:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: bhasselb...@gmail.com (Hass)
 by: Hass - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 15:33 UTC

On Sunday, March 13, 2022 at 10:09:21 AM UTC-5, Popping Mad wrote:
> On 3/13/22 10:06, *ernie wrote:
> > These are the type of trades teams with a large budget can pull.
> and they usually end up depleting their prospects and end up end up with
> old rosters. This is a 33 year old pitcher.
>
> You don't trade for these guys, you sign them

Oller is 27 and will basically never be an impact in the majors. Ginn was a 7th or 8th ranked prospect in the org that was 3 or 4 years away. Cohen wants to win NOW...Bassitt is a steal for these guys.

Re: Mets Get Bassitt for Garbage

<d4797059-89f0-40f8-9fdc-b79626070720n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2508&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#2508

Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 08:36:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: bhasselb...@gmail.com (Hass)
 by: Hass - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 15:36 UTC

On Sunday, March 13, 2022 at 10:14:35 AM UTC-5, Popping Mad wrote:
> Basset

Who?