The one sure way to make a lazy man look respectable is to put a fishing rod in his hand.

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys / OT - In memory of Uvalde's children & adults killed & wounded in horrific gunshooting mass murder of innocents by an 18-year-old Uvalde former student at an elementary school

SubjectAuthor
* OT - In memory of Uvalde's children & adults killed & wounded inobserver
`* Re: OT - In memory of Uvalde's children & adults killed & wounded inDLS S
 `* Re: OT - In memory of Uvalde's children & adults killed & wounded inobserver

1
OT - In memory of Uvalde's children & adults killed & wounded in horrific gunshooting mass murder of innocents by an 18-year-old Uvalde former student at an elementary school

<658e830a-9e1b-47f8-8abe-6e389a8e1637n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2515&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#2515

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 08:51:04 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: OT - In memory of Uvalde's children & adults killed & wounded in
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Wed, 25 May 2022 15:51 UTC

Implicated as causal - b u l l y i n g which
appears to have led to chronic untreated
mental disease, per one report, as yet
unconfirmed. The mass murderer's pur-
chase of 2 semi-automatic weapons oc-
curred on his 18th birthday.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/24/us/uvalde-texas-elementary-school-shooting/index.html

.... An 18-year-old gunman on Tuesday fatally
shot 19 children and two adults at a Texas
elementary school before he was killed by
law enforcement officers, officials said.

The shooter -- identified by Texas officials as
Salvador Ramos, of Uvalde -- also shot his
grandmother before crashing a vehicle near
the school

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2022/05/24/texas-school-shooting-among-deadliest-us-history/9914631002/

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/bullied-texas-school-gunman-salvador-ramos-bought-guns-for-his-18th-birthday/

A former classmate of Texas school gunman
Salvador Ramos has said he was bullied at
school because of his clothes and that his
family was poor.

Op-Ed: We have studied every mass shooting
since 1966. Here’s what we’ve learned about
the shooters
https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2019-08-04/el-paso-dayton-gilroy-mass-shooters-data

--- --- ---

Re: OT - In memory of Uvalde's children & adults killed & wounded in horrific gunshooting mass murder of innocents by an 18-year-old Uvalde former student at an elementary school

<7f0a7485-21dd-4d60-a8d9-9d872aab3d0fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2516&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#2516

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 09:24:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: dls...@gmail.com (DLS S)
 by: DLS S - Wed, 25 May 2022 16:24 UTC

On Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 11:51:05 AM UTC-4, observer wrote:
> Implicated as causal - b u l l y i n g which
> appears to have led to chronic untreated
> mental disease, per one report, as yet
> unconfirmed. The mass murderer's pur-
> chase of 2 semi-automatic weapons oc-
> curred on his 18th birthday.
>
> https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/24/us/uvalde-texas-elementary-school-shooting/index.html
>
> ... An 18-year-old gunman on Tuesday fatally
> shot 19 children and two adults at a Texas
> elementary school before he was killed by
> law enforcement officers, officials said.
>
> The shooter -- identified by Texas officials as
> Salvador Ramos, of Uvalde -- also shot his
> grandmother before crashing a vehicle near
> the school
>
> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2022/05/24/texas-school-shooting-among-deadliest-us-history/9914631002/
>
> https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/bullied-texas-school-gunman-salvador-ramos-bought-guns-for-his-18th-birthday/
>
> A former classmate of Texas school gunman
> Salvador Ramos has said he was bullied at
> school because of his clothes and that his
> family was poor.
>
> Op-Ed: We have studied every mass shooting
> since 1966. Here’s what we’ve learned about
> the shooters
> https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2019-08-04/el-paso-dayton-gilroy-mass-shooters-data
>
> --- --- ---

Perhaps your repost will blame the kids for being high on cereal?
You MORON!

Re: OT - In memory of Uvalde's children & adults killed & wounded in horrific gunshooting mass murder of innocents by an 18-year-old Uvalde former student at an elementary school

<45952ba5-fe55-4756-ac41-23b9c8a6d136n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2517&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#2517

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 09:57:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Wed, 25 May 2022 16:57 UTC

On Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 11:24:16 AM UTC-5, dls...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 11:51:05 AM UTC-4, observer wrote:

/> > Implicated as causal - b u l l y i n g which
/> > appears to have led to chronic untreated
/> > mental disease, per one report, as yet
/> > unconfirmed. The mass murderer's pur-
/> > chase of 2 semi-automatic weapons oc-
/> > curred on his 18th birthday.
/> >
[...]
/> > *--- --- ---*

..> Perhaps your repost will blame the kids for being high on cereal?

Skipped DLS's insult which is yet one more
example of objectionable reprehensible
DLS online bullying which frequently trans-
pires in his written posts in this newsgroup.

As clearly & accurately stated above, the
murderer's causality, based solely on one
article's reported statement by a fellow
former student who was at one time a
friend of the murderer, implicated as one
of the causalities in the mass murder -

b u l l y i n g which appears to have led to
chronic untreated mental disease, per one
report, as yet unconfirmed. The mass mur-
derer's purchase of 2 semi-automatic wea-
pons occurred on his 18th birthday.

Refer to the L.A. Times article above for a
study of 4 common factors in mass shooters
who shot and killed four or more people in a
public place, and every shooting incident at
schools, workplaces, and places of worship
since 1999. That link repeated below:
/> > https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2019-08-04/el-paso-dayton-gilroy-mass-shooters-data

--- --- ---

Re: OT - In memory of Uvalde's children & adults killed & wounded in horrific gunshooting mass murder of innocents by an 18-year-old Uvalde former student at an elementary school

<b0bdae55-5367-482a-b586-ea775ca8f05bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2519&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#2519

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 15:37:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Wed, 25 May 2022 22:37 UTC

Link to previous post in this thread:
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys/c/BTZ4NONdfhk/m/y06tqVDjCQAJ

An article with a lot more information about
the mass murderer's behavior [with clarifying
inserts, not part of original article, included in
brackets]:
https://nypost.com/2022/05/25/details-emerge-on-texas-school-shooter-salvador-ramos-behavior/?dicbo=v2-48b39510db626a4d7ffcb9a04235a11f

[The mass murderer] ... reportedly exhibited
increasingly bizarre behavior leading up to the
rampage – including cutting up his face with
knives just “for fun,” friends said. [Friends, un-
clear the degree of friendships he had as else-
where he is described as a "loner"]

Gunman Salvador Ramos’ friend Santos Valdez
Jr., 18, said the two had been close, playing video
games and basketball regularly, until his friend’s
behavior began to “deteriorate,” the Washington
Post reported.

At one point, he recounted, Ramos [the mass
murderer] showed up at a park with scratch
marks across his face and said he had been
attacked by a cat.

“Then he told me the truth, that he’d cut up his
face with knives over and over and over,” Valdez
told the newspaper.

.... Valdez also described how Ramos [the mass
murderer] used to drive around with another pal
and shoot people at random with a BB gun – and
also egged people’s cars.

He said Ramos [the mass murderer] last year
posted on social media images of automatic
rifles that “he would have on his wish list” – and
a few days ago, he posted photos of two rifles he
referred to as “my gun pics,” the paper reported.

.... Friends and relatives also said Ramos [the
mass murderer] had been bullied throughout
middle school for a speech impediment – a
stutter and lisp, according to the Washington
Post.

His cousin Mia said she saw students mocking
his impediment during middle school, where he
tried at first to ignore the bullying but then told
his grandmother that he didn’t want to go back
to school.

“He wasn’t very much of a social person after
being bullied for the stutter,” said Mia, who de-
clined to provide her last name. “I think he just
didn’t feel comfortable anymore at school.”

Childhood friend Stephen Garcia told the paper
that Ramos [the mass murderer] “would get
bullied hard, like bullied by a lot of people. Over
social media, over gaming, over everything.

“He was the nicest kid, the most shiest kid. He
just needed to break out of his shell,” he said,
adding that Ramos [the mass murderer] was
once subjected to homophobic slurs after post-
ing a photo of himself wearing black eyeliner.

Garcia said he tried to defend his friend [who
would later become the Uvalde mass murderer]
before moving with his mother to another part
of the state for her job.

.... Nadia Reyes, another high school classmate,
told the paper that Ramos [the mass murderer]
recently posted an Instagram Story of himself
yelling at his mom, who he said was trying to
kick him out of their home.

“He posted videos on his Instagram where the
cops were there and he’d call his mom a b—-
and say she wanted to kick him out,” she told
the paper. “He’d be screaming and talking to
his mom really aggressively.”

Ramos’ [the mass murderer's] neighbor Ruben
Flores, 41, said he tried to be a kind of father
figure to the troubled teen, who had “a pretty
rough life with his mom.”

He told the paper he saw police at the Hood
Street home, where he witnessed blowups be-
tween the two.

Flores and several other people familiar with
the family said Ramos’ [the mass murderer's]
mother used drugs, which contributed to the
trouble at home, according to the Washington
Post, which said it could not reach her for com-
ment.

Ramos [the mass murderer] moved to his grand-
mother’s home across town a few months ago,
according to Flores, who said he last saw the
grandmother Sunday when she stopped by the
mom’s Hood Street property, which she also
owned.

He said she told him she was in the process of
evicting Ramos’ [the mass murderer's] mother
because of her drug issues.

Ramos [the mass murderer] allegedly shot his
grandmother before heading over to Robb Ele-
mentary School in Uvalde with two assault rifles
around 11:32 am local time Tuesday, according
to officials.

Meanwhile, new details also have been reported
about Ramos’ [the mass murderer's] behavior at
a local Wendy’s, where he worked from 11 a.m. to
4 p.m. or 5 p.m. five days a week. ... A young wo-
man who worked with him until March noticed ...

.... an aggressive streak. “He would be very rude
towards the girls sometimes, and one of the cooks,
threatening them by asking, ‘Do you know who I
am?’ And he would also send inappropriate texts
to the ladies,” the former co-worker told the Daily
Beast ... .

.... Yarelli Vasquez, who used to work with Ramos
[the mass murderer] at Whataburger, told KSAT
he was typically quiet but it was “kind of com-
mon” for him to make aggressive comments. [see
article for further details pertaining to his nature
referred to as "aggressive" or "eerie"]

--- end excerpts ---

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_ownership

2017 statistics:

Estimate of firearms in civilian population:

1. U.S. 393,347,000
2. India 71,101,000
3. China 49,735,000
4. Pakistan 43,917,000
5. Russia 17,620,000

Estimate of civilian firearms per 100 people
(only includes top 5 countries with over a
million in population):

1. U.S. 120.5
2. Saudi Arabia 53.7
3. Yemen 52.8
4. Serbia 39.1
5. Canada 34.7
5. Uruguay 34.7

In 2019, the U.S. had 12.21 "firearm-related
death rate per 100,000 population per year",
aka gun death rate per 100,000 population
per year.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

In 2015 & 2019, Japan had 0.02 "firearm-
related death rate per 100,000 population
per year", aka gun death rate per 100,000
population per year.

How did Japan do that?
https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/gun-deaths-by-country

Japan boasts a population of more than 127
million people, yet finshed 2019 with a gun
death rate of only .02 per 100,000 people.
One major factor in this success is that Japan
has some of the strictest gun laws in the world.

For Japanese citizens to purchase a gun, they
must

o attend an all-day class,
o pass a written exam, and
o complete a shooting range test, scoring at
least 95% accuracy.
o Candidates will also receive a mental health
evaluation, performed at a hospital, and will
have a comprehensive background check done
by the government.
o Only shotguns and rifles can be purchased.
o The class and exam must be retaken every
three years.

The following states that "After ten years of
shotgun ownership, a license-holder may apply
to obtain a rifle."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overview_of_gun_laws_by_nation#Japan

The following states that "Japan's gun policies
are notoriously strict. Civilians cannot possess
handguns, automatic assault weapons, semi-
automatic assault weapons, military rifles, or
machine guns."
https://www.businessinsider.com/canada-australia-japan-britain-gun-control-2013-1

*** --- --- --- ***

My stating the obvious take on this, the above
does NOT infringe upon the 2nd amendment
and DOES dramatically increase safety while
dramatically decreasing the frightening pervas-
iveness of mass murders of civilians in the U.S.

2nd amendment: A well regulated Militia, being
necessary to the security of a free State, the
right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall
not be infringed.

*** --- --- --- ***

Re: OT - In memory of Uvalde's children & adults killed & wounded in horrific gunshooting mass murder of innocents by an 18-year-old Uvalde former student at an elementary school

<47643d68-b7e0-4678-bcf8-d201f099571fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2535&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#2535

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 15:21:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Fri, 27 May 2022 22:21 UTC

Follow-up:

.... Nearly 20 officers stood in a hallway outside
of the classrooms during the attack on Robb
Elementary School for more than 45 minutes
before agents used a master key to open a door
and confront the gunman ...

.... shots were "sporadic" for much of the 48 min-
utes while officers waited outside the hallway.
.... investigators do not know if or how many chil-
dren died during those 48 minutes.

Throughout the attack, teachers and children
repeatedly called 911 asking for help, including
a girl who pleaded: "Please send the police now."

Comment: How in the name of all that is sane &
logical & reasonable did it take 48 MINUTES to
STOP the mass murder? Who in their RIGHT mind
would set outside a classroom & listen to shots
being fired and do NOTHING to STOP it?
How many of the children & adults could've or
would've been saved -if- lawmen had entered the
classroom 48 MINUTES earlier?

UNBELIEVABLY SHOCKINGLY DEPLORABLE !!!

On Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 5:37:18 PM UTC-5, observer wrote:

..> Link to previous post in this thread:
..> https://groups.google.com/g/alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys/c/BTZ4NONdfhk/m/y06tqVDjCQAJ
..>
[...]
..> \*\*\* --- * --- * --- */*/*/
..>
> My stating the obvious take on this, the above
..> does NOT infringe upon the 2nd amendment
..> and DOES dramatically increase safety while
..> dramatically decreasing the frightening pervas-
..> iveness of mass murders of civilians in the U.S.
..>
..> 2nd amendment: A well regulated Militia, being
..> necessary to the security of a free State, the
..> right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall
..> not be infringed.
..>
..> \*\*\* --- * --- * --- */*/*/

Click here to read the complete article
Re: OT - In memory of Uvalde's children & adults killed & wounded in horrific gunshooting mass murder of innocents by an 18-year-old Uvalde former student at an elementary school

<54640701-f275-4c41-bbc4-eae1aba3220bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2536&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#2536

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 15:25:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Fri, 27 May 2022 22:25 UTC

(missing link added to previous post)

Follow-up:

May 27 2022
https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/texas-school-shooting-police-press-conference-watch-live-stream-today-2022-05-27/

<78bb76e3-d3f7-4c86-adbe-2b8317fae99fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2606&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#2606

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 10:56:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Fri, 24 Jun 2022 17:56 UTC

Follow-up 2:

The U.S. Congress shows its ineptitude in
passing a weak sad excuse of so-called gun
legislation which is actually designed to keep
the U.S. as one of the worst countries in the
world when in comes to children & adults dy-
ing in gun violence (June 24 2022):
https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/24/politics/house-vote-bipartisan-safer-communities-act/index.html

"... it fails to ban any weapons and falls far
short of what Democrats and polls show
most Americans want to see."

Japan shows the way to solve the problem
(see details from a previous post at the bot-
tom of this post) while U.S. legislators show
their abhorrent delight in continuing to insist
on placing children as innocent targets of
mass murderers with guns.

PRETENSE, the core code of ethics among
U.S. legislators, albeit like so many of the
problems in the U.S., it's damn Republicans
that prevent effective gun legislation from
being passed.

Another issue: the right for a woman to end
a pregnancy, the Supreme Court, dominated
by Trump (you know, the guy who tried to end
U.S. democracy on & before & after Jan. 6
2020) nominees, overturned Roe vs Wade
today.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/24/politics/dobbs-mississippi-supreme-court-abortion-roe-wade/index.html