[Babe] Ruth made a big mistake when he gave up pitching. -- Tris Speaker, 1921

sport / alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets / Re: The Mets' rotation was ranked as the top unit in baseball by MLB.com.

SubjectAuthor
* The Mets' rotation was ranked as the top unit in baseball by MLB.com.*ernie
+- Re: The Mets' rotation was ranked as the top unit in baseball byPopping Mad
+* Re: The Mets' rotation was ranked as the top unit in baseball by MLB.com.Hass
|`- Re: The Mets' rotation was ranked as the top unit in baseball by*ernie
`* Re: The Mets' rotation was ranked as the top unit in baseball by MLB.com.tmp
 `* Re: The Mets' rotation was ranked as the top unit in baseball by*ernie
  `* Re: The Mets' rotation was ranked as the top unit in baseball by MLB.com.tmp
   `- Re: The Mets' rotation was ranked as the top unit in baseball byPopping Mad

1
The Mets' rotation was ranked as the top unit in baseball by MLB.com.

<t24lt0$mv4$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2518&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#2518

From: alreadyd...@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Subject: The Mets' rotation was ranked as the top unit in baseball by MLB.com.
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 12:46:21 -0400
 by: *ernie - Thu, 31 Mar 2022 16:46 UTC

The article continues that it is premised on the ability of everyone to
stay healthy, which none of these pitchers have in the past; and it
certainly isn't a good track record on the Mets' part. For now, I'll
look at the glass as half full.

https://www.si.com/mlb/mets/news/mets-rotation-ranked-as-top-unit-in-baseball-by-mlb

JUPITER -- After adding Max Scherzer and Chris Bassitt to a unit that
already had two-time Cy Young Award winner Jacob deGrom, It's hard to
deny that the Mets have the best rotation in the league on paper ahead
of the 2022 regular-season.

And according to MLB.com's latest list, the Mets sit at the top of the
mountain as the No. 1 ranked unit in baseball.

But these preseason accolades hardly mean anything if the results don't
translate onto the field during the regular-season.

While no one should be questioning the projected stat lines of a
dominant 1-3 that the Mets will deploy in their rotation, the key will
be the health of the Mets' three-headed monster. If deGrom, Scherzer and
Bassitt are all able to make 30+ starts, the Mets will likely be a top
contender in the National League, based off the track record of this trio.

--
ernie k.
alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com

Re: The Mets' rotation was ranked as the top unit in baseball by MLB.com.

<t25q74$7is$1@reader1.panix.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2519&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#2519

From: rain...@colition.gov (Popping Mad)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Subject: Re: The Mets' rotation was ranked as the top unit in baseball by
MLB.com.
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 23:05:13 -0400
 by: Popping Mad - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 03:05 UTC

On 3/31/22 12:46, *ernie wrote:
> The article continues that it is premised on the ability of everyone to
> stay healthy, which none of these pitchers have in the past; and it
> certainly isn't a good track record on the Mets' part. For now, I'll
> look at the glass as half full.

Starting pitching is highly overated now. They used to pitch to win,
and they WON. Now they pitch to statistics and they aquire great
stats... and don't win so much. The best clubs already realize that
starting pitching is over values and have strong ballpens.

Re: The Mets' rotation was ranked as the top unit in baseball by MLB.com.

<b144faf2-4603-4f86-8d59-18da27c70d48n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2521&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#2521

Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 13:16:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: bhasselb...@gmail.com (Hass)
 by: Hass - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 20:16 UTC

On Thursday, March 31, 2022 at 11:46:26 AM UTC-5, *ernie wrote:
> The article continues that it is premised on the ability of everyone to
> stay healthy, which none of these pitchers have in the past; and it
> certainly isn't a good track record on the Mets' part. For now, I'll
> look at the glass as half full.
>

> https://www.si.com/mlb/mets/news/mets-rotation-ranked-as-top-unit-in-baseball-by-mlb
>
> JUPITER -- After adding Max Scherzer and Chris Bassitt to a unit that
> already had two-time Cy Young Award winner Jacob deGrom, It's hard to
> deny that the Mets have the best rotation in the league on paper ahead
> of the 2022 regular-season.
>
> And according to MLB.com's latest list, the Mets sit at the top of the
> mountain as the No. 1 ranked unit in baseball.
>
> But these preseason accolades hardly mean anything if the results don't
> translate onto the field during the regular-season.
>
> While no one should be questioning the projected stat lines of a
> dominant 1-3 that the Mets will deploy in their rotation, the key will
> be the health of the Mets' three-headed monster. If deGrom, Scherzer and
> Bassitt are all able to make 30+ starts, the Mets will likely be a top
> contender in the National League, based off the track record of this trio..
>

> --
> ernie k.
> already...@hotmail.com

Welp...fun while it lasted. :(

https://twitter.com/Mets/status/1509985190386581507

Jacob deGrom underwent an MRI today that revealed a stress reaction on his scapula that has caused inflammation in the area. The immediate prescription is for Jake to discontinue throwing for up to 4 weeks and then reimage the area. At that time, we’ll update the plan of care.

Still like the rotation though.

Re: The Mets' rotation was ranked as the top unit in baseball by MLB.com.

<t28f82$pvb$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2523&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#2523

From: alreadyd...@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
MLB.com.
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 23:17:20 -0400
 by: *ernie - Sat, 2 Apr 2022 03:17 UTC

On 4/1/2022 4:16 PM, Hass wrote:
> On Thursday, March 31, 2022 at 11:46:26 AM UTC-5, *ernie wrote:
>> The article continues that it is premised on the ability of everyone to
>> stay healthy, which none of these pitchers have in the past; and it
>> certainly isn't a good track record on the Mets' part. For now, I'll
>> look at the glass as half full.
>>

>> https://www.si.com/mlb/mets/news/mets-rotation-ranked-as-top-unit-in-baseball-by-mlb
>>
>> JUPITER -- After adding Max Scherzer and Chris Bassitt to a unit that
>> already had two-time Cy Young Award winner Jacob deGrom, It's hard to
>> deny that the Mets have the best rotation in the league on paper ahead
>> of the 2022 regular-season.
>>
>> And according to MLB.com's latest list, the Mets sit at the top of the
>> mountain as the No. 1 ranked unit in baseball.
>>
>> But these preseason accolades hardly mean anything if the results don't
>> translate onto the field during the regular-season.
>>
>> While no one should be questioning the projected stat lines of a
>> dominant 1-3 that the Mets will deploy in their rotation, the key will
>> be the health of the Mets' three-headed monster. If deGrom, Scherzer and
>> Bassitt are all able to make 30+ starts, the Mets will likely be a top
>> contender in the National League, based off the track record of this trio.
>>

>> --
>> ernie k.
>> already...@hotmail.com
>
> Welp...fun while it lasted. :(
>
> https://twitter.com/Mets/status/1509985190386581507
>
> Jacob deGrom underwent an MRI today that revealed a stress reaction on his scapula that has caused inflammation in the area. The immediate prescription is for Jake to discontinue throwing for up to 4 weeks and then reimage the area. At that time, we’ll update the plan of care.
>
> Still like the rotation though.

How long until Max Scherzer winds up on the DL? He ended last season
with a "dead arm".That sounds like one of those injuries that they have
no idea what it is. On paper they look great, but there are many injury
questions the Mets are hoping have been answered. I wonder how far this
season will be before the debate is once again whether to make Seth Lugo
a starter

Re: The Mets' rotation was ranked as the top unit in baseball by MLB.com.

<9d0f17fe-164e-458d-a296-bbab2027e6aen@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2532&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#2532

Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2022 10:16:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: tpfei...@gmail.com (tmp)
 by: tmp - Sun, 3 Apr 2022 17:16 UTC

On Thursday, March 31, 2022 at 12:46:26 PM UTC-4, *ernie wrote:
> The article continues that it is premised on the ability of everyone to
> stay healthy, which none of these pitchers have in the past; and it
> certainly isn't a good track record on the Mets' part. For now, I'll
> look at the glass as half full.
>

> https://www.si.com/mlb/mets/news/mets-rotation-ranked-as-top-unit-in-baseball-by-mlb
>
> JUPITER -- After adding Max Scherzer and Chris Bassitt to a unit that
> already had two-time Cy Young Award winner Jacob deGrom, It's hard to
> deny that the Mets have the best rotation in the league on paper ahead
> of the 2022 regular-season.
>
> And according to MLB.com's latest list, the Mets sit at the top of the
> mountain as the No. 1 ranked unit in baseball.
>
> But these preseason accolades hardly mean anything if the results don't
> translate onto the field during the regular-season.
>
> While no one should be questioning the projected stat lines of a
> dominant 1-3 that the Mets will deploy in their rotation, the key will
> be the health of the Mets' three-headed monster. If deGrom, Scherzer and
> Bassitt are all able to make 30+ starts, the Mets will likely be a top
> contender in the National League, based off the track record of this trio.
>

> --
> ernie k.
> already...@hotmail.com

> If deGrom, Scherzer and Bassitt are all able to make 30+ starts,

30 starts among the 3 of them might end up being closer to the truth.

I do hate being so negative already in spring training, but fuck it, I'm a Mets fan. I've earned the right.

Re: The Mets' rotation was ranked as the top unit in baseball by MLB.com.

<t2coka$1eb$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2533&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#2533

From: alreadyd...@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
MLB.com.
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2022 14:22:03 -0400
 by: *ernie - Sun, 3 Apr 2022 18:22 UTC

On 4/3/2022 1:16 PM, tmp wrote:
> On Thursday, March 31, 2022 at 12:46:26 PM UTC-4, *ernie wrote:
>> The article continues that it is premised on the ability of everyone to
>> stay healthy, which none of these pitchers have in the past; and it
>> certainly isn't a good track record on the Mets' part. For now, I'll
>> look at the glass as half full.
>>

>> https://www.si.com/mlb/mets/news/mets-rotation-ranked-as-top-unit-in-baseball-by-mlb
>>
>> JUPITER -- After adding Max Scherzer and Chris Bassitt to a unit that
>> already had two-time Cy Young Award winner Jacob deGrom, It's hard to
>> deny that the Mets have the best rotation in the league on paper ahead
>> of the 2022 regular-season.
>>
>> And according to MLB.com's latest list, the Mets sit at the top of the
>> mountain as the No. 1 ranked unit in baseball.
>>
>> But these preseason accolades hardly mean anything if the results don't
>> translate onto the field during the regular-season.
>>
>> While no one should be questioning the projected stat lines of a
>> dominant 1-3 that the Mets will deploy in their rotation, the key will
>> be the health of the Mets' three-headed monster. If deGrom, Scherzer and
>> Bassitt are all able to make 30+ starts, the Mets will likely be a top
>> contender in the National League, based off the track record of this trio.
>>

>> --
>> ernie k.
>> already...@hotmail.com
>
>> If deGrom, Scherzer and Bassitt are all able to make 30+ starts,
>
> 30 starts among the 3 of them might end up being closer to the truth.
>
> I do hate being so negative already in spring training, but fuck it, I'm a Mets fan. I've earned the right.

Your negativity has been justified:

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/article260050200.html?msclkid=92d8c98ab37a11ec889fc3174c85b252

Re: The Mets' rotation was ranked as the top unit in baseball by MLB.com.

<2cb6b8a2-fc64-44fa-af99-eaeb262f7dc2n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2537&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#2537

Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 08:04:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: tpfei...@gmail.com (tmp)
 by: tmp - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 15:04 UTC

On Sunday, April 3, 2022 at 2:22:04 PM UTC-4, *ernie wrote:
> On 4/3/2022 1:16 PM, tmp wrote:
> > On Thursday, March 31, 2022 at 12:46:26 PM UTC-4, *ernie wrote:
> >> The article continues that it is premised on the ability of everyone to
> >> stay healthy, which none of these pitchers have in the past; and it
> >> certainly isn't a good track record on the Mets' part. For now, I'll
> >> look at the glass as half full.
> >>

> >> https://www.si.com/mlb/mets/news/mets-rotation-ranked-as-top-unit-in-baseball-by-mlb
> >>
> >> JUPITER -- After adding Max Scherzer and Chris Bassitt to a unit that
> >> already had two-time Cy Young Award winner Jacob deGrom, It's hard to
> >> deny that the Mets have the best rotation in the league on paper ahead
> >> of the 2022 regular-season.
> >>
> >> And according to MLB.com's latest list, the Mets sit at the top of the
> >> mountain as the No. 1 ranked unit in baseball.
> >>
> >> But these preseason accolades hardly mean anything if the results don't
> >> translate onto the field during the regular-season.
> >>
> >> While no one should be questioning the projected stat lines of a
> >> dominant 1-3 that the Mets will deploy in their rotation, the key will
> >> be the health of the Mets' three-headed monster. If deGrom, Scherzer and
> >> Bassitt are all able to make 30+ starts, the Mets will likely be a top
> >> contender in the National League, based off the track record of this trio.
> >>

> >> --
> >> ernie k.
> >> already...@hotmail.com
> >
> >> If deGrom, Scherzer and Bassitt are all able to make 30+ starts,
> >
> > 30 starts among the 3 of them might end up being closer to the truth.
> >
> > I do hate being so negative already in spring training, but fuck it, I'm a Mets fan. I've earned the right.
> >
> Your negativity has been justified:
>
> https://www.kentucky.com/sports/article260050200.html?msclkid=92d8c98ab37a11ec889fc3174c85b252

It brings me no pleasure.

Scherzer has always, pretty much, taken the ball every 5 days, and it sounds like he won't miss too much time from this hamstring injury.

But he's not getting any younger either. I don't believe in building "win now" teams, especially really expensive ones, but that's another argument for another day.

Re: The Mets' rotation was ranked as the top unit in baseball by MLB.com.

<t2ih18$k65$1@reader2.panix.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2538&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#2538

From: rain...@colition.gov (Popping Mad)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
MLB.com.
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 18:48:13 -0400
 by: Popping Mad - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 22:48 UTC

> Scherzer has always, pretty much, taken the ball every 5 days, and it sounds like he won't miss too much time from this hamstring injury.
>
> But he's not getting any younger either. I don't believe in building "win now" teams, especially really expensive ones, but that's another argument for another day.

That is always a losing situation. The way to build a system is the
same as it is for any other business.... buy low and sell high. A team
needs to deveop talent all the time and continually. There is no "win
now". It is a process that produces winning