The one sure way to make a lazy man look respectable is to put a fishing rod in his hand.

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants / Re: OT: charger's coach uses analytics to lose the game

SubjectAuthor
* OT: charger's coach uses analytics to lose the gamejeffg...@webtv.net
`* Re: OT: charger's coach uses analytics to lose the gamejeffg...@webtv.net
 `* Re: OT: charger's coach uses analytics to lose the gameAbby Normal
  `* Re: OT: charger's coach uses analytics to lose the gamejeffg...@webtv.net
   `- Re: OT: charger's coach uses analytics to lose the gameiommiRULES

1
OT: charger's coach uses analytics to lose the game

<52a2644d-1226-4434-821a-a27a15a9d337n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2579&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#2579

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 03:13:10 -0800 (PST)
Subject: OT: charger's coach uses analytics to lose the game
From: jeffgers...@webtv.net (jeffg...@webtv.net)
 by: jeffg...@webtv.net - Fri, 17 Dec 2021 11:13 UTC

I understand, but do not agree with his decision on the first drive when he went for it on 4th and goal from the 5. I'm sure the analytics say that even if you don't make it, if you stop them you get great field position and can make up for the lost points. That did not exactly work as the Chiefs easily drove 95 yards for a touchdown.

But the going for it inside the 5 at the end of the half made no sense. There were only 3 seconds left. If you do not score, the half is OVER! I do not see how the you are better going for it on 4th down analytics applied there.

That's 2 chip shot field goals they gave away before losing in overtime.

Re: OT: charger's coach uses analytics to lose the game

<79891c97-cf1c-40fd-b71f-6c5b87fd6ee2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2580&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#2580

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 03:16:13 -0800 (PST)
From: jeffgers...@webtv.net (jeffg...@webtv.net)
 by: jeffg...@webtv.net - Fri, 17 Dec 2021 11:16 UTC

On Friday, December 17, 2021 at 6:13:11 AM UTC-5, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> I understand, but do not agree with his decision on the first drive when he went for it on 4th and goal from the 5. I'm sure the analytics say that even if you don't make it, if you stop them you get great field position and can make up for the lost points. That did not exactly work as the Chiefs easily drove 95 yards for a touchdown.
>
> But the going for it inside the 5 at the end of the half made no sense. There were only 3 seconds left. If you do not score, the half is OVER! I do not see how the you are better going for it on 4th down analytics applied there.
>
> That's 2 chip shot field goals they gave away before losing in overtime.

I should also add on that first attempt, the great football Guru Bill Parcells always advocated taking the first score that was available. I also do not understand why after the great kickoff return and 2 successful runs to get to the 5 yard line, all of a sudden they could only pass. It ended in no score, and two player injuries including one taken off on a cart with an injury to his head.

Re: OT: charger's coach uses analytics to lose the game

<21cprg5gr1d8eak7ehfr99dfgdvsokrsbk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2581&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#2581

From: abb...@aol.com (Abby Normal)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 10:46:24 -0500
 by: Abby Normal - Fri, 17 Dec 2021 15:46 UTC

On Fri, 17 Dec 2021 03:16:13 -0800 (PST), "jeffg...@webtv.net"
<jeffgersten@webtv.net> wrote:

>On Friday, December 17, 2021 at 6:13:11 AM UTC-5, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
>> I understand, but do not agree with his decision on the first drive when he went for it on 4th and goal from the 5. I'm sure the analytics say that even if you don't make it, if you stop them you get great field position and can make up for the lost points. That did not exactly work as the Chiefs easily drove 95 yards for a touchdown.
>>
>> But the going for it inside the 5 at the end of the half made no sense. There were only 3 seconds left. If you do not score, the half is OVER! I do not see how the you are better going for it on 4th down analytics applied there.
>>
>> That's 2 chip shot field goals they gave away before losing in overtime.
>
>I should also add on that first attempt, the great football Guru Bill Parcells always advocated taking the first score that was available. I also do not understand why after the great kickoff return and 2 successful runs to get to the 5 yard line, all of a sudden they could only pass. It ended in no score, and two player injuries including one taken off on a cart with an injury to his head.
I agree. They got to the 5 with the rush and switched to 3 passes. I
realize they have a great quarterback, but they should have run it in.
It was a great game, but their coach lost it. Too bad too. The wrong
team won. . .

Re: OT: charger's coach uses analytics to lose the game

<435f2f91-096b-40d1-a9c4-cfc2f8dbc517n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2582&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#2582

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 12:23:40 -0800 (PST)
From: jeffgers...@webtv.net (jeffg...@webtv.net)
 by: jeffg...@webtv.net - Fri, 17 Dec 2021 20:23 UTC

On Friday, December 17, 2021 at 10:46:32 AM UTC-5, Abby Normal wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Dec 2021 03:16:13 -0800 (PST), "jeffg...@webtv.net"
> <jeffg...@webtv.net> wrote:
>
> >On Friday, December 17, 2021 at 6:13:11 AM UTC-5, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> >> I understand, but do not agree with his decision on the first drive when he went for it on 4th and goal from the 5. I'm sure the analytics say that even if you don't make it, if you stop them you get great field position and can make up for the lost points. That did not exactly work as the Chiefs easily drove 95 yards for a touchdown.
> >>
> >> But the going for it inside the 5 at the end of the half made no sense.. There were only 3 seconds left. If you do not score, the half is OVER! I do not see how the you are better going for it on 4th down analytics applied there.
> >>
> >> That's 2 chip shot field goals they gave away before losing in overtime.
> >
> >I should also add on that first attempt, the great football Guru Bill Parcells always advocated taking the first score that was available. I also do not understand why after the great kickoff return and 2 successful runs to get to the 5 yard line, all of a sudden they could only pass. It ended in no score, and two player injuries including one taken off on a cart with an injury to his head.
> I agree. They got to the 5 with the rush and switched to 3 passes. I
> realize they have a great quarterback, but they should have run it in.
> It was a great game, but their coach lost it. Too bad too. The wrong
> team won. . .
Actually 4 incomplete passes in that sequence. And on the 4th they had a player taken off on a stretcher.

Re: OT: charger's coach uses analytics to lose the game

<49a270d4-1aa5-4cbe-a1e3-19b8fb7a6f39n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2583&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#2583

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 14:33:26 -0800 (PST)
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Fri, 17 Dec 2021 22:33 UTC

On Friday, December 17, 2021 at 3:23:41 PM UTC-5, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> On Friday, December 17, 2021 at 10:46:32 AM UTC-5, Abby Normal wrote:
> > On Fri, 17 Dec 2021 03:16:13 -0800 (PST), "jeffg...@webtv.net"
> > <jeffg...@webtv.net> wrote:

> > >I should also add on that first attempt, the great football Guru Bill Parcells always advocated taking the first score that was available. I also do not understand why after the great kickoff return and 2 successful runs to get to the 5 yard line, all of a sudden they could only pass. It ended in no score, and two player injuries including one taken off on a cart with an injury to his head.
> > I agree. They got to the 5 with the rush and switched to 3 passes. I
> > realize they have a great quarterback, but they should have run it in.
> > It was a great game, but their coach lost it. Too bad too. The wrong
> > team won. . .
> Actually 4 incomplete passes in that sequence. And on the 4th they had a player taken off on a stretcher.

That whole game was a lesson to kick the FG...i guess neither trusted their defense.....at least if they are not playing the Glennon/Kitchens combination. That being said if you didnt enjoy watching that game last night, give it up, go watch soccer. Best game i seen regular OR post season in some time.