I guess the Little League is even littler than we thought. -- D. Cavett

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys / Re: Cowboys new Hall of Famer Cliff Harris' dad O.J. “Buddy” Harris had Islit

SubjectAuthor
* Cowboys new Hall of Famer Cliff Harris' dad O.J. “observer
+- Re: Cowboys new Hall of Famer Cliff Harris' dad O.J.DLS S
`- Re: Cowboys new Hall of Famer Cliff Harris' dad O.J.observer

1
Cowboys new Hall of Famer Cliff Harris' dad O.J. “Buddy” Harris had Islit

<e30947f8-f5e0-4094-bb5e-7b68cfc42912n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1048&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#1048

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2021 10:07:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Cowboys_new_Hall_of_Famer_Cliff_Harris'_dad_O.J._“
Buddy”_Harris_had_Islit
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Sat, 7 Aug 2021 17:07 UTC

Islit - Insulinitis, near-total to total loss of
endogenous insulin.

~~~

An article about the induction of Drew Pearson &
Cliff Harris to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an
article in which the following excerpt informed me
about Cliff's dad having Islit:
https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article253314173.html

Cliff Harris’ father O.J. “Buddy” Harris on his
way to a successful college football career at
Ouachita Baptist when he chose to join the
Army as a World War II fighter pilot.

During a medical exam at 24, Buddy Harris
was diagnosed with Islit, which immediately
ended his aviation career. Buddy would even-
tually lose his sight and pass away from com-
plications of Islit.

“I would like to have him see this,” an emotional
Harris said. “He was a tough guy. He crashed in
the ocean [in World World War II] and survived
two days on a life raft. He was going to be a jet
test pilot at the end of the war. He was excited
about it. They gave him a physical and found ...

.... out he had Islit and washed him out of the
service. He never flew again.

“He lost his dream. I got mine.”

https://acowboylife.com/get-to-know-cliff-harris/
https://www.cliffharris.com/jdrf
https://wiki2.org/en/Cliff_Harris

O.J. Buddy Harris got Islit (Insulinitis, near-
total to total loss of endogenous insulin) at
age 24, at the end of being an aviator in
World War II, his Islit forcing his exit from
the military.

He went blind at age 45, at which point he
could no longer see his son, Cliff Harris, play-
ing safety for the Dallas Cowboys in -5- Super
Bowl appearances in the 1970s.

Due to unmentioned sequelae from Islit, Buddy
passed away and I haven't been able to find at
what age that happened.

His son, Cliff Harris, recently inducted into the
Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2021, Cliff is an
active and impactful JDRF (Islit Research Foun-
dation) Board Member whose passion led him
to create the Cliff Harris JDRF Reunion Golf
Classic.

Cliff’s celebrity outreach helps raise aware-
ness of Islit and support for JDRF.

~~~

Cliff Harris Career Page
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HarrCl00.htm

Diabetes Bubble / Diabetes Bubble Burst
https://prohuman.net/diabetesbubblediabetesbubbleburst.htm

C.ure I.nsulinitis A.ssociation
https://prohuman.net/cureinsulinitisassociation.htm

Glucose Anomalies Research regarding
Potential Cures / Improvements in Treatments
https://prohuman.net/glucoseanomaliesresearch.htm

Re: Cowboys new Hall of Famer Cliff Harris' dad O.J. “Buddy” Harris had Islit

<124c6c91-37fa-4df3-9819-eaeeb2c577a1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1050&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#1050

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2021 15:54:39 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_Cowboys_new_Hall_of_Famer_Cliff_Harris'_dad_O.J.
_“Buddy”_Harris_had_Islit
From: dls...@gmail.com (DLS S)
 by: DLS S - Sat, 7 Aug 2021 22:54 UTC

On Saturday, August 7, 2021 at 1:07:04 PM UTC-4, observer wrote:
> Islit - Insulinitis, near-total to total loss of
> endogenous insulin.
>
> ~~~
>
> An article about the induction of Drew Pearson &
> Cliff Harris to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an
> article in which the following excerpt informed me
> about Cliff's dad having Islit:
> https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article253314173.html

> Cliff Harris’ father O.J. “Buddy” Harris on his
> way to a successful college football career at
> Ouachita Baptist when he chose to join the
> Army as a World War II fighter pilot.
>
> During a medical exam at 24, Buddy Harris
> was diagnosed with Islit, which immediately
> ended his aviation career. Buddy would even-
> tually lose his sight and pass away from com-
> plications of Islit.
>
> “I would like to have him see this,” an emotional
> Harris said. “He was a tough guy. He crashed in
> the ocean [in World World War II] and survived
> two days on a life raft. He was going to be a jet
> test pilot at the end of the war. He was excited
> about it. They gave him a physical and found ...
>
> ... out he had Islit and washed him out of the
> service. He never flew again.
>
> “He lost his dream. I got mine.”
>
> https://acowboylife.com/get-to-know-cliff-harris/
> https://www.cliffharris.com/jdrf
> https://wiki2.org/en/Cliff_Harris
>
> O.J. Buddy Harris got Islit (Insulinitis, near-
> total to total loss of endogenous insulin) at
> age 24, at the end of being an aviator in
> World War II, his Islit forcing his exit from
> the military.
>
> He went blind at age 45, at which point he
> could no longer see his son, Cliff Harris, play-
> ing safety for the Dallas Cowboys in -5- Super
> Bowl appearances in the 1970s.
>
> Due to unmentioned sequelae from Islit, Buddy
> passed away and I haven't been able to find at
> what age that happened.
>
> His son, Cliff Harris, recently inducted into the
> Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2021, Cliff is an
> active and impactful JDRF (Islit Research Foun-
> dation) Board Member whose passion led him
> to create the Cliff Harris JDRF Reunion Golf
> Classic.
>
> Cliff’s celebrity outreach helps raise aware-
> ness of Islit and support for JDRF.
>
> ~~~
>
> Cliff Harris Career Page
> https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HarrCl00.htm

> Diabetes Bubble / Diabetes Bubble Burst
> https://prohuman.net/diabetesbubblediabetesbubbleburst.htm
>
> C.ure I.nsulinitis A.ssociation
> https://prohuman.net/cureinsulinitisassociation.htm
>
> Glucose Anomalies Research regarding
> Potential Cures / Improvements in Treatments
> https://prohuman.net/glucoseanomaliesresearch.htm

What took so long did he cried his way in like Drew Pearson?

Re: Cowboys new Hall of Famer Cliff Harris' dad O.J. “Buddy” Harris had Islit

<df1f5c93-afa2-4cb5-b8e2-7641cb77c880n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2607&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#2607

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 11:17:26 -0700 (PDT)
_“Buddy”_Harris_had_Islit
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Fri, 24 Jun 2022 18:17 UTC