My way of joking is to tell the truth. That's the funniest joke in the world. -- Muhammad Ali

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants / Listening to sirius NFL radio

SubjectAuthor
* Listening to sirius NFL radioiommiRULES
`* Re: Listening to sirius NFL radiojeffg...@webtv.net
 `* Re: Listening to sirius NFL radiojeffg...@webtv.net
  `* Re: Listening to sirius NFL radioiommiRULES
   `- Re: Listening to sirius NFL radioiommiRULES

1
Listening to sirius NFL radio

<7b8a6f4d-229f-4f64-b931-c3ed17b20c0an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2639&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#2639

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 17:35:52 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Listening to sirius NFL radio
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 01:35 UTC

This is best option I heard. Give DJ his 5th year option, which will be really cheap next year and relatively cheap year 5. In fact if DJ proves to be franchise which is a big if we gladly rip up the 5th year and extend him. Bring in a Trubisky or a Marcus Mariotta to compete as starter and maybe draft a project QB 3rd round. If NOTHING ELSE if Jones go down or vice versa (If DJ gets beat out as starter) we will have a high quality back up, none of this slop we had to watch with Glennon. Of course whether Judge survives or not it WILL be another new offense. But after seeing what Garrett'/Kitchens had to offer i'll gladly put up with the learning curve!

Re: Listening to sirius NFL radio

<607d4195-17b9-4213-930c-7572574d0befn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2640&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#2640

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 03:37:27 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Listening to sirius NFL radio
From: jeffgers...@webtv.net (jeffg...@webtv.net)
 by: jeffg...@webtv.net - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 11:37 UTC

On Thursday, December 23, 2021 at 8:35:53 PM UTC-5, iommiRULES wrote:
> This is best option I heard. Give DJ his 5th year option, which will be really cheap next year and relatively cheap year 5. In fact if DJ proves to be franchise which is a big if we gladly rip up the 5th year and extend him.. Bring in a Trubisky or a Marcus Mariotta to compete as starter and maybe draft a project QB 3rd round. If NOTHING ELSE if Jones go down or vice versa (If DJ gets beat out as starter) we will have a high quality back up, none of this slop we had to watch with Glennon. Of course whether Judge survives or not it WILL be another new offense. But after seeing what Garrett'/Kitchens had to offer i'll gladly put up with the learning curve!

Where do you see that the 5th year option is relatively cheap for a quarterback?

Re: Listening to sirius NFL radio

<0c44a810-ee4e-4c3c-b2bc-293e4289f0c3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2641&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#2641

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 03:42:44 -0800 (PST)
From: jeffgers...@webtv.net (jeffg...@webtv.net)
 by: jeffg...@webtv.net - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 11:42 UTC

On Friday, December 24, 2021 at 6:37:27 AM UTC-5, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> On Thursday, December 23, 2021 at 8:35:53 PM UTC-5, iommiRULES wrote:
> > This is best option I heard. Give DJ his 5th year option, which will be really cheap next year and relatively cheap year 5. In fact if DJ proves to be franchise which is a big if we gladly rip up the 5th year and extend him. Bring in a Trubisky or a Marcus Mariotta to compete as starter and maybe draft a project QB 3rd round. If NOTHING ELSE if Jones go down or vice versa (If DJ gets beat out as starter) we will have a high quality back up, none of this slop we had to watch with Glennon. Of course whether Judge survives or not it WILL be another new offense. But after seeing what Garrett'/Kitchens had to offer i'll gladly put up with the learning curve!
> Where do you see that the 5th year option is relatively cheap for a quarterback?

I see $21.369 million.
https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/big-blue-plus/should-giants-pick-up-jones-fifth-year-option

If he was an elite quarterback, I agree that it would be relatively cheap. For a quarterback who does not get his team into the end zone, I think that is a lot of money. Plus it is guaranteed against injury, and we know he misses games every season. And what if this neck thing is something that ends his career? Do you really trust Joe Judge when he says differently?

Re: Listening to sirius NFL radio

<40ac5134-3b8c-4105-aa6d-adc1eac7934bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2643&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#2643

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 04:44:07 -0800 (PST)
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 12:44 UTC

On Friday, December 24, 2021 at 6:42:44 AM UTC-5, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> On Friday, December 24, 2021 at 6:37:27 AM UTC-5, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> > On Thursday, December 23, 2021 at 8:35:53 PM UTC-5, iommiRULES wrote:
> > > This is best option I heard. Give DJ his 5th year option, which will be really cheap next year and relatively cheap year 5. In fact if DJ proves to be franchise which is a big if we gladly rip up the 5th year and extend him. Bring in a Trubisky or a Marcus Mariotta to compete as starter and maybe draft a project QB 3rd round. If NOTHING ELSE if Jones go down or vice versa (If DJ gets beat out as starter) we will have a high quality back up, none of this slop we had to watch with Glennon. Of course whether Judge survives or not it WILL be another new offense. But after seeing what Garrett'/Kitchens had to offer i'll gladly put up with the learning curve!
> > Where do you see that the 5th year option is relatively cheap for a quarterback?
> I see $21.369 million.
> https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/big-blue-plus/should-giants-pick-up-jones-fifth-year-option
>
> If he was an elite quarterback, I agree that it would be relatively cheap.. For a quarterback who does not get his team into the end zone, I think that is a lot of money. Plus it is guaranteed against injury, and we know he misses games every season. And what if this neck thing is something that ends his career? Do you really trust Joe Judge when he says differently?

I believe they said it is on par with the 24th rated QB, which basically he already is and if you assume the team gets better in 2 years....which WHOEVER is QB NEEDS TO HAPPEN REGARDLESS WHO IT IS....the 5th year would be a bargain. This was an ex front office guy and ex NFL QB debating this, so not your usual no nothing talking heads....of course if the drs tell you its career threatening its a different story, Joe Judge isnt the a dr OR the GM/owner. And like i said best case scenario is he turns into Phil Simms (with the proper coaching and team behind him) and you RIP UP the 5th year and give him an extension...(And Jim Miller thinks he will, if not be franchise, improve because hes such a hard worker)

Re: Listening to sirius NFL radio

<725395f2-8653-4852-a95a-bfafc527d5adn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2645&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#2645

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 05:36:02 -0800 (PST)
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 13:36 UTC

On Friday, December 24, 2021 at 7:44:08 AM UTC-5, iommiRULES wrote:
> On Friday, December 24, 2021 at 6:42:44 AM UTC-5, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> > > Where do you see that the 5th year option is relatively cheap for a quarterback?
> > I see $21.369 million.
> > https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/big-blue-plus/should-giants-pick-up-jones-fifth-year-option
> >
> > If he was an elite quarterback, I agree that it would be relatively cheap. For a quarterback who does not get his team into the end zone, I think that is a lot of money. Plus it is guaranteed against injury, and we know he misses games every season. And what if this neck thing is something that ends his career? Do you really trust Joe Judge when he says differently?
> I believe they said it is on par with the 24th rated QB, which basically he already is and if you assume the team gets better in 2 years....which WHOEVER is QB NEEDS TO HAPPEN REGARDLESS WHO IT IS....the 5th year would be a bargain. This was an ex front office guy and ex NFL QB debating this, so not your usual no nothing talking heads....of course if the drs tell you its career threatening its a different story, Joe Judge isnt the a dr OR the GM/owner. And like i said best case scenario is he turns into Phil Simms (with the proper coaching and team behind him) and you RIP UP the 5th year and give him an extension...(And Jim Miller thinks he will, if not be franchise, improve because hes such a hard worker)

And add to this opinion, Moose from SNY said this very matter of factly "Tell me the QB out there available, besides Wilson who you will not trade for because he will cost to much in both picks and salary, who has more talent than Daniel Jones?....you can't because their isn't any" again its same old story, people want to get rid of a guy before they can tell you who is the replacement, we saw how well that worked out with the Kitchen replaces Garret fiasco, it went from bad to worse....why make the same dumb decision at QB, bring in competition get some guys who can block and let it play out naturally, their is no "earth shattering" moves or short cuts that make sense.