From 0 to "what seems to be the problem officer" in 8.3 seconds. -- Ad for the new VW Corrado

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys / Re: In memory of ex-Cowboys & Bears RB Marion Barber

SubjectAuthor
* In memory of ex-Cowboys & Bears RB Marion Barberobserver
`* Re: In memory of ex-Cowboys & Bears RB Marion Barberobserver
 +* Re: In memory of ex-Cowboys & Bears RB Marion BarberDLS S
 |`- Re: In memory of ex-Cowboys & Bears RB Marion Barberobserver
 `- Re: In memory of ex-Cowboys & Bears RB Marion Barberobserver

1
In memory of ex-Cowboys & Bears RB Marion Barber

<d3af55c3-5f09-4de5-99ff-91159d5b7131n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2553&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#2553

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 07:39:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: In memory of ex-Cowboys & Bears RB Marion Barber
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Thu, 2 Jun 2022 14:39 UTC

---
June 2 2022

Marion Barber III, Former Dallas Cowboys
Running Back, Found Dead at 38
https://www.etonline.com/marion-barber-iii-former-dallas-cowboys-running-back-found-dead-at-38-185028

Former Dallas Cowboys, Chicago Bears
running back Marion Barber III dies at
age 38
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34021540/former-dallas-cowboys-chicago-bears-running-back-marion-barber-iii-dies-age-38
---

Marion Barber III, the former Dallas Cowboys
running back who is fourth in franchise history
with 47 rushing touchdowns, has died, the team
said Wednesday. He was 38. Barber played a
final season with Chicago in 2011 after spend-
ing his first 6 years with the Cowboys.

He had issues with mental health after his career.

Police in the Dallas suburb of Frisco said Wednes-
day they made a welfare check at an apartment
"believed to be leased" by Barber and were inves-
tigating an unattended death there. CBS Dallas,
citing police, said there were no obvious signs of
foul play.

The Cowboys ... said they were "heartbroken by
the tragic death of Marion Barber III. Marion was
an old-school, hard-nosed football player who ran
with the will to win every down," the team said.
"He had a passion for the game and love for his
coaches and teammates."

Barber's father, Marion Barber Jr., played 7 sea-
sons with the New York Jets in the 1980s.

The younger Barber was third on Dallas' career list
for rushing touchdowns before getting passed in
2021 by two-time NFL rushing champion Ezekiel
Elliott. Barber finished with 53 overall and never
had fewer than 4 in any of his 7 seasons, though
he never had a 1,000-yard rushing season.

The former Minnesota player, a 4th-round draft
pick by Dallas in 2005, had 24 touchdowns in
2006-07 despite starting just one game those
two seasons. Barber's career high was 14 TDs
in 2006, when he rushed for just 654 yards.

Barber had a career-high 975 yards rushing and
10 TDs in 2007, when he made his only Pro Bowl.
His role and production declined from there, and
he had careers lows in carries, yards and touch-
downs in his final year in Dallas in 2010.

Three years after his career ended, Barber was
detained and taken to a hospital for a mental
health evaluation. Police in Mansfield, another
Dallas suburb, said it wasn't clear what led to the
calls that prompted their response. ...

---

Marion Barber career page
(2005 to 2011)
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BarbMa01.htm

--- --- ---

Re: In memory of ex-Cowboys & Bears RB Marion Barber

<e539c688-63f5-4e99-a387-9b34183be304n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2647&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#2647

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 15:23:13 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: In memory of ex-Cowboys & Bears RB Marion Barber
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Mon, 11 Jul 2022 22:23 UTC

Follow-up: Cause of death detailed below but
the article does not comment on what was the
probable or possible cause of the cause of death.

On Thursday, June 2, 2022 at 9:39:39 AM UTC-5, observer wrote:

..> ---
..> June 2 2022
..>
[...]
..> *--- --- ---*

---
July 11 2022

Heat stroke blamed for former Dallas Cowboys
RB Marion Barber's accidental death
https://www.cbsnews.com/dfw/news/heat-stroke-dallas-cowboys-rb-marion-barbers-accidental-death/
---

The Collin County medical examiner's office
said Marion Barber III died from a heat stroke.

---

What is heat stroke and what causes heat stroke?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_stroke

Heat stroke, also known as sun stroke, is a type
of severe heat illness that results in a body tem-
perature greater than 104.0 ° Fahrenheit.

.... Heat stroke is a life-threatening condition char-
acterized by severe hyperthermia and multiorgan-
dysfunction resulting from exposure to heat.

.... Heat stroke occurs because of high external
temperatures or physical exertion. Some people
with certain health conditions are at an increased
risk of heat stroke. It often occurs under prolonged
exposure to extreme environmental or exertional
heat, which is preventable in most individuals.

.... Heat stroke results in more than 600 deaths a
year in the United States. ... The risk of death is
less than 5% in those with exercise-induced heat
stroke and as high as 65% in those with non-exer-
cise induced cases.

\*--- --- ---*/

Re: In memory of ex-Cowboys & Bears RB Marion Barber

<74435bea-316a-4a86-a59c-7689192475d2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2648&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#2648

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 15:52:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: dls...@gmail.com (DLS S)
 by: DLS S - Mon, 11 Jul 2022 22:52 UTC

On Monday, July 11, 2022 at 6:23:14 PM UTC-4, observer wrote:
> [...]
>
> What is heat stroke and what causes heat stroke?
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_stroke
>
> Heat stroke, also known as sun stroke, is a type
> of severe heat illness that results in a body tem-
> perature greater than 104.0 ° Fahrenheit.
>
> ... Heat stroke is a life-threatening condition char-
> acterized by severe hyperthermia and multiorgan-
> dysfunction resulting from exposure to heat.
>
> ... Heat stroke occurs because of high external
> temperatures or physical exertion. Some people
> with certain health conditions are at an increased
> risk of heat stroke. It often occurs under prolonged
> exposure to extreme environmental or exertional
> heat, which is preventable in most individuals.
>
> ... Heat stroke results in more than 600 deaths a
> year in the United States. ... The risk of death is
> less than 5% in those with exercise-induced heat
> stroke and as high as 65% in those with non-exer-

Being a former "cockroach"I had him pegged already as dying from drugs as many of the current and former players are junkies.

Did God really let Hollywood crackhead Henderson win the lottery??

Re: In memory of ex-Cowboys & Bears RB Marion Barber

<ce6dea1f-160d-4d9c-8fb6-00a32e6dd6e9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2649&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#2649

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 18:12:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Tue, 12 Jul 2022 01:12 UTC

On Monday, July 11, 2022 at 5:52:35 PM UTC-5, dls...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Monday, July 11, 2022 at 6:23:14 PM UTC-4, observer wrote:

/> > Follow-up: Cause of death detailed below but
/> > the article does not comment on what was the
/> > probable or possible cause of the cause of death.
/> >
/> > On Thursday, June 2, 2022 at 9:39:39 AM UTC-5, observer wrote:
/> >

~> > .> ---
~> > .> June 2 2022
~> > .>
[...]
~> > .> ~/~*--- --- ---*~\~
/> > ---
/> > July 11 2022
/> >
[...]

/>
/> > ~\*--- --- ---*/~

> Being a former Dallas Cowboy & former Chicago Bear
> I had him pegged already as ...

Your comment, inappropriate as Marion had no arrests
and no suspensions while playing for the Cowboys or
Bears. The cause of death, as stated, heat stroke.

Your comment about Thomas Henderson and a sup-
posed deity you call God and winning a lottery?

Thomas played for the Cowboys 1975-1979 (12th
game, deactivated due to his behavior in that game
for the rest of the season, traded prior to the 1980
season) & the Oilers & 49ers in 1980, & tried to play
for the Dolphins in 1981 but, per the wikipedia page
below, "In February 1981, he became one of the first ...

.... football players to publicly admit to a drug prob-
lem, & with the help of the NFL, he signed himself
into a drug rehabilitation program." He never played
for the Dolphins.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Henderson_(American_football)
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HendTh00.htm

The supposed deity you mentioned is simply some-
thing some people pretend to believe exists (some-
times) in one (typically one they were influenced to
believe in within the social-cultural system they
were raised in) of a huge array of disparate & con-
tradictory forms, demonstrably "make believe" ...

.... regardless of folks' desires or claims regarding
it supposedly actually existing in a chosen one of
its contradictory forms (implicitly being atheist
towards all alternative forms, with atheists simply
adding being atheist towards just one more form
than the typical theist is atheist towards).

Thomas Henderson did win a lottery.

--- --- ---

Re: In memory of ex-Cowboys & Bears RB Marion Barber

<1da85ec3-f721-4c1f-b991-ebdc27e943ben@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2650&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#2650

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 19:20:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Tue, 12 Jul 2022 02:20 UTC

Follow-up 2:

On Monday, July 11, 2022 at 5:23:14 PM UTC-5, observer wrote:

..> Follow-up: Cause of death detailed below but
..> the article does not comment on what was the
..> probable or possible cause of the cause of death.

The following article contains critical information
on what was the probable cause of Marion's heat
stroke. It begs the question of why Marion turned
the heater on with the thermostat set at 91 & also
begs the question of whether Marion was aware
of the danger he was placing himself in as the art-
icle mentions him 'working out' in the heat.

---
July 11 2022
https://www.whiskeyriff.com/2022/07/11/former-dallas-cowboys-rb-marion-barber-died-of-a-heat-stroke/
---

.... According to the autopsy report obtained by USA
Today, Barber was working out in “sauna-like condi-
tions” in his apartment when he suffered a heat stroke
and died.

The thermostat was set to 91 degrees, the heat was
on, and workout equipment was present in the apart-
ment as well.

.... Police found him in the shower with the water run-
ning after a tenant reported a leak coming from his
unit.

Just an absolute tragic accident. ...
> On Thursday, June 2, 2022 at 9:39:39 AM UTC-5, observer wrote:
/> .> ---
/> .> June 2 2022
/> .>
[...]
..> ---
[...]