The one sure way to make a lazy man look respectable is to put a fishing rod in his hand.

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys / Re: Dak's brother died ..

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Dak's brother died ..observer
`* Re: Dak's brother died ..observer
 `- Re: Dak's brother died ..observer

1
Re: Dak's brother died ..

<dfff8f6e-cab3-4c07-ac71-408e5ae37fd6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2634&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#2634

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 10:36:16 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Dak's brother died ..
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 17:36 UTC

Follow-up:

..> A few articles mentioning it was a
..> suicide today, but in the following
..> video, neither of Jace's brothers
..> Dak or Tad used the word 'suicide'.
..> Tad characterized Jace's death as
..> 'accidental shooting'.
..> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju5l9-w3vYw
..>
..> Dak mentioned Jace may have been
..> adversely impacted by taking care
..> of his mother as she struggled
..> with cancer, but that Jace kept
..> his feelings to himself, so no
..> one knew what he was experiencing.
..>
..> The following article posted Septem-
..> ber 9 2020 says "Cowboys quarterback
..> Dak Prescott confirmed in an interview
..> with sports journalist Graham Bensinger
..> that the cause of death for his brother,
..> Jace, was suicide," but mysteriously, ...
..>
..> ... the article then says "Jace Prescott,
..> the middle brother of Tad and Dak, died
..> on April 24 in Orange, Texas at the age
..> of 31. The sudden death remains listed
..> as an active investigation by the Pine-
..> hurst Police Department."
..> https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2020/09/09/dak-prescott-opens-up-about-brothers-suicide-his-own-battles-with-depression-in-new-interview/
..>
..> Comment: Was it officially ruled a "sui-
..> cide", and if so, why is it an "active
..> investigation by the Pinehurst Police
..> Department?"
..>
..> ---

---
April 23 2021

Dak Prescott Posts Tribute for Late Brother
Jace on 1-Year Anniversary of His Death:
‘No Time or Distance Can Separate Us’
https://outsider.com/sports/dak-prescott-posts-tribute-late-brother-jace-1-year-anniversary-death-no-time-distance-can-separate-us/
---

.... Last year, Jace Prescott took his own life
on April 23 2020.

Although reports noted Jace’s death at the
time, it wasn’t until months later that his
famous brother opened up about what
caused his passing.

Ever since, Dak has been vocal about mental
health issues. He’s become an advocate for
mental health education and has tried to nor-
malize the topic.

--- end excerpt ---

[clarifying insert, not part of original article,
included in brackets for the following article]

A recent tragedy in Minnesota shocked me &
the consequences of not getting the 'right' help
when one is depressed can have devastating
consequences for oneself & for others.

---
July 7 2022

Minnesota mother (Molly Cheng) drowned her
3 children (ages 3, 4, & 5) and herself in lake
after her husband (Yee Lee) fatally shot himself,
police say
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/vadnais-lake-deaths-mother-drowned-3-children-herself-husband-fatally-shot-himself-police/
---

.... Cheng called police on Friday morning and
said her husband, Yee Lee, had fatally shot
himself. [implied but unstated in the article,
the mother may have either witnessed her
husband's suicide or found his body after he
shot himself.

The article said social workers were contacted
to 'assist' Cheng & her children, but the article
doesn't say what happened, if the social work-
ers got to her house or called her before she
& her children left.]

.... If you or someone you know is in emotional
distress or suicidal crisis, call the

National Suicide Prevention Hotline
at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).

--- --- ---

Re: Dak's brother died ..

<c49b7924-9838-4cd7-970e-d6044464a93dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2635&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#2635

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 11:08:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 18:08 UTC

Follow-up 2, a 3-number access to help
those in crisis, a new 3-digit access to
help phone number that the following
article says will be activated "later this
month".

Another article about the recent suicides
in Minnesota, dated July 7 2022:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/vadnais-lake-deaths-mother-drowned-3-children-herself-husband-fatally-shot-himself-police/

.... “Oftentimes we know that people who are
in a crisis if we can just get them to talk to
someone that can really help de-escalate &
calm them down,” Dr. Reidenberg said.

Easy access to that help is on the horizon.
Later this month, the three-digit number “9-8-8”
will be the designated number that will route
people to the National Suicide Prevention Life-
line.

“There are a lot of benefits to having this,” Dr.
Reidenberg said.

When the change takes effect, the callers won’t
have to remember or find the National Suicide
Prevention Lifeline phone number, although that
will still be available at its current number:
1-800-273-8255. ...

---

Re: Dak's brother died ..

<816749cf-686e-4e6f-86f7-a886b8b3828bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2655&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#2655

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 09:35:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Sat, 16 Jul 2022 16:35 UTC

Follow-up 3:

---
U.S. Transition to 988 Suicide & Crisis
Lifeline Begins Saturday July 16 2022
https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2022/07/15/us-transition-988-suicide-crisis-lifeline-begins-saturday.html
---

.... The National Suicide Hotline Designation
Act, signed into law after the passage of bi-
partisan legislation in 2020, authorized 988
as a new three-digit number for suicide &
mental health crisis.

All telephone service and text providers in
the United States & the 5 major U.S. territor-
ies are required by the FCC to activate 988
no later than July 16.

“988 is more than a number, it is a message:
we’re there for you. Through this and other
actions, we are treating mental health as a
priority and putting crisis care in reach for
more Americans.” ...

.... The 10-digit Lifeline number
1-800-273-TALK (8255) will continue to be
operational after July 16 ...