Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 15:34:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: OT - Odds of Winning a MegaMillions Lottery (things that make you
go hmmmm)
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 22:34 UTC

Links to my 3 previous posts in this thread:

July 23 2020
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys/c/Sq9cqTwcR_4/m/i5lWujmGAAAJ

January 21 2021
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys/c/Sq9cqTwcR_4/m/iZ7B9E1UDwAJ

March 12 2021
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys/c/Sq9cqTwcR_4/m/-oKwts1sAgAJ

Well, despite the overwhelming odds of some-
thing bad happening being far greater than the
miniscule odds that one will win a Megamillions
lottery with one ticket, I'm going to buy a ticket
today.

I can't remember the last time I bought a ticket,
perhaps it was the 5 tickets I purchased trying
to win a $1.05 Billion dollar Mega Millions lot-
tery back in January 2021.

What the hey, why not, as pretending one can
be rich is fun even though the chance of that
happening is laughably minuscule & far less
than the chance of dying by one of the unfor-
tunate highly unlikely events mentioned in the
initial post in this thread.

https://www.megamillions.com/

Next Estimated Jackpot $1.02 Billion
CASH OPTION: $602.5 MILLION
Next Drawing: Friday, 7/29 @ 11 p.m. ET

---

Funny thing is I had found out via google news
that the lottery was up to $790 Million, but I
got so busy yesterday posting about heights
in here & posting about a report on my first 8
days of using an Omnipod 5 continuous glu-
cose monitor close-loop auto-basil-insulin-

.... dosing device based on glucose levels via
a connected Dexcom G6 CGM at misc.health.
diabetes (Disparate High Glucose Conditions)
that I forgot about buying a lottery ticket.

That lottery actually got to $830 Million.

According to Mega Millions, 9 tickets matched
the first 5 numbers but didn't match the Mega
Ball. 8 of those 9 won a Million dollars each, &
1 of the 9 purchased the Megaplier feature to
raise their 2nd-place consolation prize to $3
Million.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mega-millions-drawing-numbers-winning-tickets-one-ball-short/