It's like deja vu all over again. -- Yogi Berra

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants / Eli and Peyton want to buy an NFL team

SubjectAuthor
* Eli and Peyton want to buy an NFL teamjeffg...@webtv.net
`* Re: Eli and Peyton want to buy an NFL teamiommiRULES
 `- Re: Eli and Peyton want to buy an NFL team*ernie

1
Eli and Peyton want to buy an NFL team

<284e3564-24f2-485b-9490-169da55e307an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2817&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#2817

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 07:57:42 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Eli and Peyton want to buy an NFL team
From: jeffgers...@webtv.net (jeffg...@webtv.net)
 by: jeffg...@webtv.net - Fri, 7 Jan 2022 15:57 UTC

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-world-reacts-to-the-manning-family-news/ar-AASvaH9?ocid=edgsp&li=BBnb7Kz

Re: Eli and Peyton want to buy an NFL team

<3a8d4b0d-32a6-42b5-9e7e-ebdf18956742n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2818&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#2818

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 14:17:46 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Eli and Peyton want to buy an NFL team
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Fri, 7 Jan 2022 22:17 UTC

On Friday, January 7, 2022 at 10:57:43 AM UTC-5, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-world-reacts-to-the-manning-family-news/ar-AASvaH9?ocid=edgsp&li=BBnb7Kz

Baseball player contracts to me seem WAAAAYYYY better and its prolly easier to buy a baseball team, yet I only know one in baseball and its Jeter, but he only owns a measley 4% of the marlins, i could be missing some......so unless its a "token amount" of a team no, its not happening, not with just the Mannings anyhow, maybe the Mannings PLUS whomever. I've always said tho if black players want black ownership they should pool their money.....but prolly take 20 of them......not 2. Jerry Richardson who DID play in the NFL for 2 years with the colts and owned Carolina, but he made his bones in fast food not as an employee, he owned fuckin hardees! Even when arod and Jenn were trying to buy the Mets, which they failed, im sure they woulda only been minority owners. Bon Jovis dream is to own a football team yet closest he got was arena league. So unless Eli and Peyton are a "front" for a more rich and powerfull conglomerate....or they hit big on some stock.....not happening. Not like Archie owns Apple or Amazon. I guess their strategy could be just make sure they have the biggest stake.....even if its say.....25% with the other 75% spread out among co owners, you are talking 2 billion.

Re: Eli and Peyton want to buy an NFL team

<sqtjtg5ke4pt8hg5lu6q98uihtl2d76d07@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2827&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#2827

From: alreadyd...@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2022 15:52:05 -0500
 by: *ernie - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 20:52 UTC

On Fri, 7 Jan 2022 14:17:46 -0800 (PST), iommiRULES
<gregkaney53@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Friday, January 7, 2022 at 10:57:43 AM UTC-5, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
>> https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-world-reacts-to-the-manning-family-news/ar-AASvaH9?ocid=edgsp&li=BBnb7Kz
>
>Baseball player contracts to me seem WAAAAYYYY better and its prolly easier to buy a baseball team, yet I only know one in baseball and its Jeter, but he only owns a measley 4% of the marlins, i could be missing some......so unless its a "token amount" of a team no, its not happening, not with just the Mannings anyhow, maybe the Mannings PLUS whomever. I've always said tho if black players want black ownership they should pool their money.....but prolly take 20 of them......not 2. Jerry Richardson who DID play in the NFL for 2 years with the colts and owned Carolina, but he made his bones in fast food not as an employee, he owned fuckin hardees! Even when arod and Jenn were trying to buy the Mets, which they failed, im sure they woulda only been minority owners. Bon Jovis dream is to own a football team yet closest he got was arena league. So unless Eli and Peyton are a "front" for a more rich and powerfull conglomerate....or they hit big on some stock.....not happening. Not like
>Archie owns Apple or Amazon. I guess their strategy could be just make sure they have the biggest stake.....even if its say.....25% with the other 75% spread out among co owners, you are talking 2 billion.

Exactly. Sports franchises will no longer be the domain of wealthy
families, now they're the public relations front for mega
corporations. As family owned franchises disappear, it will always be
BigBiz that takes the reins. The Manning family would be excellent as
the face of the desired franchise, but that's all these sports figures
will ever be. They'll get a small stake in the franchise and the
public will just assume they're the man (or woman).