From: maximush...@gmx.com (max headroom)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.nascar
Subject: NASCAR Driver Martin Truex Jr. Slams Teammate Denny Hamlin
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 07:00:23 -0700
 by: max headroom - Wed, 26 Jul 2023 14:00 UTC

NASCAR Driver Martin Truex Jr. Slams Teammate Denny Hamlin For Unwarranted
'Dirty' Move Against Kyle Larson

Remso Martinez

Joe Gibbs Racing driver Denny Hamlin, always ready to stir things up, did it
again folks. He pushed hard, played rough, and yeah, he snagged that win at
Pocono. However, he left a mess behind him, and got a lot of NASCAR fans hot
under the collar. Not just fans are frustrated though, even his own teammate
Martin Truex Jr. isn't pleased with his on-track behavior.

As a recap, Martin Truex Jr. ended up third place. That ain't bad, not by a long
shot, but the real kicker here is that Truex didn't hold his tongue after the
race. He called it like he saw it. He saw Hamlin's move on Kyle Larson in those
last laps and didn't like what he saw one bit.

Kyle Larson, another victim of Hamlin's 'win-at-all-costs' attitude, bore the
brunt of a contentious move from Hamlin in the closing laps of the race, which
sent him spiraling into the outside wall and ultimately back to a frustrating
20th place finish. Not a sportsmanlike move in the slightest.

In a chilling example of denying what everybody saw with their own eyes, Hamlin
shrugged off the incident in his post-race interview, claiming that both the HMS
drivers had "wrecked themselves" and that he didn't touch either of them.

"Both guys wrecked themselves," said Hamlin. "There was a lane. He missed the
corner first and evidently, he didn't have his right-side tires clean and when
he gassed up he just kept going again. You know, you have an option in those
positions to either hold it wide open and hit the fence or lift and race it out.
Those are choices they made. I didn't hit either one of them. Didn't touch
them."

Not even a minute later when the same NBC reporter spoke with Larson, a
different version of the story painted a whole different picture of what went
down.

"Just unfortunate. I've been cost a lot of good finishes by him throughout my
career," Larson said. "And I know he says I race a certain way, but I don't
think I've ever had to apologize to him about anything. Not that I'm sure he's
going to say sorry after this.

"Is what it is. Whatever. Just move on. Move on, try to, uh, go I don't even
know where we're at next week. Richmond, I think. I guess we won there earlier
this year and try and get a good run in."

"I am pissed."@KyleLarsonRacin on Denny Hamlin. #NASCAR
pic.twitter.com/vWrXN3GasI

- NASCAR on NBC (@NASCARonNBC) July 23, 2023

Now enter Truex Jr. He was right there in the thick of it, saw it all happen.
When he was chatting with Claire B. Lang on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, he didn't
beat around the bush, and said Hamlin played Larson dirty.

"For whatever reason, we couldn't get the push we needed on the front row, but
we pushed a lot of guys today forward," Truex said. "Whoever was the leader, if
they were in front of me, they were going to keep the lead.

"I'm not sure exactly what that was all about. I feel like I picked the right
lanes. You know, I did exactly what Denny did, other than pushing the No. 5 car
too deep in the corner and then running him in the fence off of (Turn) 2. He
kind of took it that extra little bit, I guess, to make it a little bit dirty.
And you know, I didn't. So maybe that's the difference between why he won, and I
didn't."

@MartinTruex_Jr talked with @ClaireBLang after Pocono and didn't hesitate to
call out JGR teammate @dennyhamlin for his "dirty" move on @KyleLarsonRacin.
pic.twitter.com/1FdkYxE7mG

- Kyle Dalton (@kdsportswriter) July 24, 2023

That's a gutsy move, calling out your teammate like that.

Now, this isn't the first time Truex Jr.'s done something like this. Last week,
he called out another teammate, Christopher Bell, for a mess-up as well. You
gotta respect a guy who'll stand up for what's right, even if it stirs the pot
in his own team.

So yeah, it's a bummer when a win gets tangled up in this kinda mess. But Truex
Jr.'s standing tall, reminding us what NASCAR's really about. It leaves us
wondering what'll happen next time. Will Hamlin learn to play nice, or are we in
for more rough and tumble? Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

https://www.boundingintosports.com/2023/07/nascar-driver-martin-truex-jr-slams-teammate-denny-hamlin-for-unwarranted-dirty-move-against-kyle-larson/

Re: NASCAR Driver Martin Truex Jr. Slams Teammate Denny Hamlin

<4b2e3e22-e5e1-4e22-aa1d-8a262c43fc1cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=284&group=rec.autos.sport.nascar#284

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.nascar
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 14:39:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: mr1pe...@aol.com (tin man)
 by: tin man - Thu, 27 Jul 2023 21:39 UTC

<430450f4-3356-461a-9d81-e34f124f38bbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=285&group=rec.autos.sport.nascar#285

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.nascar
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 14:48:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: mr1pe...@aol.com (tin man)
 by: tin man - Thu, 27 Jul 2023 21:48 UTC

> [...]
>
> @MartinTruex_Jr talked with @ClaireBLang after Pocono and didn't hesitate to
> call out JGR teammate @dennyhamlin for his "dirty" move on @KyleLarsonRacin.
> pic.twitter.com/1FdkYxE7mG
>
> - Kyle Dalton (@kdsportswriter) July 24, 2023
>
> That's a gutsy move, calling out your teammate like that.
>
> Now, this isn't the first time Truex Jr.'s done something like this. Last week,
> he called out another teammate, Christopher Bell, for a mess-up as well. You
> gotta respect a guy who'll stand up for what's right, even if it stirs the pot
> in his own team.
>
> So yeah, it's a bummer when a win gets tangled up in this kinda mess. But Truex
> Jr.'s standing tall, reminding us what NASCAR's really about. It leaves us
> wondering what'll happen next time. Will Hamlin learn to play nice, or are we in
> for more rough and tumble? Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

No doubt, Hamlin is an Ass Hole, always has been, it's never his fault.