Give me a fish and I will eat today. Teach me to fish and I will eat forever.

sport / alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors / Re: 4-0

SubjectAuthor
* 4-0Robin Miller
`* Re: 4-0Allen
 `* Re: 4-0Robin Miller
  `* Re: 4-0Donald Lee
   `* Re: 4-0Allen
    +- Re: 4-0Robin Miller
    `* Re: 4-0NFN Smith
     `- Re: 4-0Robin Miller

1
4-0

<itthnuF2a7vU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2902&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#2902

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: 4-0
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 13:48:41 -0400
Firefox/60.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.9.1
 by: Robin Miller - Wed, 27 Oct 2021 17:48 UTC

Can't ask for a better start. (9-0 including the preseason!) And it's
interesting that the Warriors have managed this despite a fair amount of
variability in scoring by most players. Even Steph has ranged from 23
(?) to 45. The great thing about this team is that there are enough
potential scorers that, so far, several have come through each game and
it's been enough. I do wish Wiggins was a more dependable scorer,
although I appreciate that he is putting a lot more into his defensive game.

--Robin

Re: 4-0

<sld4vt$ob9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2903&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#2903

From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Re: 4-0
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 20:21:24 -0700
 by: Allen - Thu, 28 Oct 2021 03:21 UTC

On 10/27/2021 10:48 AM, Robin Miller wrote:

> Can't ask for a better start. (9-0 including the preseason!) And it's
> interesting that the Warriors have managed this despite a fair amount of
> variability in scoring by most players. Even Steph has ranged from 23
> (?) to 45. The great thing about this team is that there are enough
> potential scorers that, so far, several have come through each game and
> it's been enough. I do wish Wiggins was a more dependable scorer,
> although I appreciate that he is putting a lot more into his defensive
> game.
>
> --Robin

It is nice, but I hope people don't get their expectations too high.
They look like a good to very good team to me right now, not a
dominating top tier team. And when Wiseman and Klay get back, they'll
have to go through another adjustment. But it's nice to see them not
being awful, like last year.

Re: 4-0

<itvngdFf3lkU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2906&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#2906

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 09:39:19 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Thu, 28 Oct 2021 13:39 UTC

Allen wrote:
> On 10/27/2021 10:48 AM, Robin Miller wrote:
>>
>> Can't ask for a better start. (9-0 including the preseason!) And it's
>> interesting that the Warriors have managed this despite a fair amount
>> of variability in scoring by most players. Even Steph has ranged from
>> 23 (?) to 45. The great thing about this team is that there are enough
>> potential scorers that, so far, several have come through each game
>> and it's been enough. I do wish Wiggins was a more dependable scorer,
>> although I appreciate that he is putting a lot more into his defensive
>> game.
>>
>> --Robin
>

> It is nice, but I hope people don't get their expectations too high.
> They look like a good to very good team to me right now, not a
> dominating top tier team. And when Wiseman and Klay get back, they'll
> have to go through another adjustment. But it's nice to see them not
> being awful, like last year.

I agree. I doubt they have the height, athleticism or dominant scoring
to beat the top teams (whoever they might be this season). But they're a
lot better than last year.

--Robin

Re: 4-0

<faa8329b-c861-45ea-9fe8-dabc14c515a2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2908&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#2908

Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 16:00:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: coac...@gmail.com (Donald Lee)
 by: Donald Lee - Thu, 28 Oct 2021 23:00 UTC

I concur with both of you. The Warriors are better this year. I told some friends that the Warriors look like a great regular season team to me. They may win a decent share of games. But when it comes to playoff basketball and defense gets tougher, I'm not sure the Warriors have enough firepower to advance. This team is still reliant on Curry too much. Even if Klay gets back, they don't have a secondary player than can create points (unless Poole improves a ton). This is why having KD helped.

We shall see though. maybe Wiseman surprises us!

DL

On Thursday, October 28, 2021 at 6:39:26 AM UTC-7, Robin Miller wrote:

> > It is nice, but I hope people don't get their expectations too high.
> > They look like a good to very good team to me right now, not a
> > dominating top tier team. And when Wiseman and Klay get back, they'll
> > have to go through another adjustment. But it's nice to see them not
> > being awful, like last year.
> I agree. I doubt they have the height, athleticism or dominant scoring
> to beat the top teams (whoever they might be this season). But they're a
> lot better than last year.
>
> --Robin

Re: 4-0

<slh9fr$lsl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2909&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#2909

From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 10:02:45 -0700
 by: Allen - Fri, 29 Oct 2021 17:02 UTC

On 10/28/2021 4:00 PM, Donald Lee wrote:
> I concur with both of you. The Warriors are better this year. I told some friends that the Warriors look like a great regular season team to me. They may win a decent share of games. But when it comes to playoff basketball and defense gets tougher, I'm not sure the Warriors have enough firepower to advance. This team is still reliant on Curry too much. Even if Klay gets back, they don't have a secondary player than can create points (unless Poole improves a ton). This is why having KD helped.
>
> We shall see though. maybe Wiseman surprises us!
>
> DL
>

> On Thursday, October 28, 2021 at 6:39:26 AM UTC-7, Robin Miller wrote:
>
>>> It is nice, but I hope people don't get their expectations too high.
>>> They look like a good to very good team to me right now, not a
>>> dominating top tier team. And when Wiseman and Klay get back, they'll
>>> have to go through another adjustment. But it's nice to see them not
>>> being awful, like last year.

>> I agree. I doubt they have the height, athleticism or dominant scoring
>> to beat the top teams (whoever they might be this season). But they're a
>> lot better than last year.
>>
>> --Robin

Having Klay back, and Wiseman, will help - but it won't it take Klay a
little while to recover his explosiveness? And the team will have to
adjust to him, and to Wiseman. But I think the biggest thing is for
Poole to turn around the slump he's been in. Without him playing well
the second team has turned terrible.

Re: 4-0

<iu30b9F3rldU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2913&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#2913

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 15:28:34 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Fri, 29 Oct 2021 19:28 UTC

Allen wrote:
> On 10/28/2021 4:00 PM, Donald Lee wrote:
>> I concur with both of you.  The Warriors are better this year.  I told
>> some friends that the Warriors look like a great regular season team
>> to me.  They may win a decent share of games.  But when it comes to
>> playoff basketball and defense gets tougher, I'm not sure the Warriors
>> have enough firepower to advance.  This team is still reliant on Curry
>> too much.  Even if Klay gets back, they don't have a secondary player
>> than can create points (unless Poole improves a ton).   This is why
>> having KD helped.
>>
>> We shall see though.  maybe Wiseman surprises us!
>>
>> DL

>>> I agree. I doubt they have the height, athleticism or dominant scoring
>>> to beat the top teams (whoever they might be this season). But they're a
>>> lot better than last year.
>>>
>>> --Robin
>

> Having Klay back, and Wiseman, will help - but it won't it take Klay a
> little while to recover his explosiveness? And the team will have to
> adjust to him, and to Wiseman. But I think the biggest thing is for
> Poole to turn around the slump he's been in. Without him playing well
> the second team has turned terrible.

I really hope that we get something close to pre-injury Klay, but we
won't know until we see him.

Agreed about Poole. The Warriors need him to score.

--Robin

Re: 4-0

<slhvoi$rd2$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2915&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#2915

From: worldoff...@gmail.com (NFN Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 16:22:57 -0700
 by: NFN Smith - Fri, 29 Oct 2021 23:22 UTC

Allen wrote:
> Having Klay back, and Wiseman, will help - but it won't it take Klay a
> little while to recover his explosiveness? And the team will have to
> adjust to him, and to Wiseman. But I think the biggest thing is for
> Poole to turn around the slump he's been in. Without him playing well
> the second team has turned terrible.

Just thinking out loud.... is Poole really in a slump?

Or we seeing a more realistic picture of a young player that's still
developing against full-scale NBA competition?

Have we gotten too excited about what he showed in the pre-season? That
may give us glimpses of what he's capable of doing in the long run, but
let's face it, the Lakers (especially), Kings and Blazers didn't really
treat those games as much more than live practice against opponents
wearing different uniforms.

I think Poole should continue to improve over the course of the season,
and eventually Klay's presence will be significant. But to some degree,
Poole is merely a little further down the same path that Wiseman, Moody
and Kuminga are all on. There will be good nights, and there will be
nights where any of them show that they're still learning the NBA. The
best we can do is hope that those don't turn up like last night, in a
close game.

Smith

Re: 4-0

<iu3io9F76j8U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2916&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#2916

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 20:42:43 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Sat, 30 Oct 2021 00:42 UTC

NFN Smith wrote:
> Allen wrote:
>> Having Klay back, and Wiseman, will help - but it won't it take Klay a
>> little while to recover his explosiveness? And the team will have to
>> adjust to him, and to Wiseman. But I think the biggest thing is for
>> Poole to turn around the slump he's been in. Without him playing well
>> the second team has turned terrible.
>
> Just thinking out loud.... is Poole really in a slump?
>
> Or we seeing a more realistic picture of a young player that's still
> developing against full-scale NBA competition?
>
> Have we gotten too excited about what he showed in the pre-season?  That
> may give us glimpses of what he's capable of doing in the long run, but
> let's face it, the Lakers (especially), Kings and Blazers didn't really
> treat those games as much more than live practice against opponents
> wearing different uniforms.
>
> I think Poole should continue to improve over the course of the season,
> and eventually Klay's presence will be significant.  But to some degree,
> Poole is merely a little further down the same path that Wiseman, Moody
> and Kuminga are all on.  There will be good nights, and there will be
> nights where any of them show that they're still learning the NBA. The
> best we can do is hope that those don't turn up like last night, in a
> close game.
>
> Smith

That may be a fair assessment, although I hope for more than that from
Poole. The Warriors need it right now, frankly.

--Robin