From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: USA Today: Los Angeles Chargers three-round 2023 NFL mock draft 3.0
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 11:08:59 -0500
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.15
 by: Robin Miller - Fri, 10 Feb 2023 16:08 UTC

https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/lists/chargers-nfl-mock-draft-jalin-hyatt-will-mcdonald/

Gavino Borquez
February 9, 2023 1:03 pm PT

The 2023 NFL draft is still three months away, but we will supply you
with in-depth coverage between now and then to inform you who the
Chargers could be targeting with they’re on the clock.

With that being said, this will be the third installment of the
three-round mock draft Thursday, where I will lay out different
scenarios every week on how the first three rounds could play out for
Los Angeles.

Round 1, No. 21, WR Jalin Hyatt, Tennessee

At his end-of-season press conference, general manager Tom Telesco said
that the Chargers needed to get faster at wide receiver. And there isn’t
anyone that possesses more explosive game speed in this draft than Hyatt.

Hyatt caught 67 passes for 1,267 yards and 15 touchdowns this season. He
averaged 18.9 yards per catch, ranked 13th in the nation, and had 14
catches on balls thrown at least 20 yards downfield, tied for fourth.

Herbert’s 6.8 yards per attempt ranked 26th in the NFL in 2022, and
Hyatt’s downfield ability would help turn that around toward the top of
the league.

Round 2, No. 54, EDGE Will McDonald, Iowa State

The Chargers need more pass-rush juice behind Joey Bosa and Khalil Mack,
as Kyle Van Noy will be a free agent, and 2021 fourth-round pick Chris
Rumph II has not produced in his first two seasons. McDonald would
instantly improve the production at pressuring opposing quarterbacks.

With an excellent first step with the hips to bend the edge and the
flexibility to drop his shoulder to get under blockers, violent hands, a
wicked spin move, and the arm length (35″) to long-arm blockers,
McDonald is a mainstay in opposing backfields.

In 2020, McDonald finished the season tied for first in the nation in
sacks with 10.5. He was even more dominant in 2021, finishing seventh
with 11.5 sacks. His sack total took a dip in his final season for the
Cyclones, but primarily because he was used in various roles.

Round 3, No. 85, TE Tucker Kraft, South Dakota State

With Gerald Everett only having one more year on his contract, Donald
Parham’s injury concerns looming, and Tre’ McKitty’s underwhelming play,
the tight end position needs to be addressed.

At 6-foot-5 and 255 pounds, Kraft has a great blend of size and
strength. He has good speed, short-area quickness and ball skills. Kraft
has the run-blocking ability and toughness to be a solid contributor in
that department. Additionally, he has experience playing in-line, in the
slot, and out wide.

Kraft had 65 receptions (the most among FCS tight ends) for 773 yards
and six touchdowns as a first-team All-American in 2021. In 2022, he
suffered an ankle injury that kept him sidelined for eight games. He
returned to finish with 27 receptions for 348 yards and three touchdowns.

Re: USA Today: Los Angeles Chargers three-round 2023 NFL mock draft 3.0

<47f1ae0f-a969-4fd7-9286-3aa70a1a90d4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2958&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#2958

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 15:26:00 -0800 (PST)
From: phlas...@msn.com (phlash74)
 by: phlash74 - Fri, 10 Feb 2023 23:26 UTC

On Friday, February 10, 2023 at 8:09:09 AM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
> [...]
>

> Round 3, No. 85, TE Tucker Kraft, South Dakota State
>
> With Gerald Everett only having one more year on his contract, Donald
> Parham’s injury concerns looming, and Tre’ McKitty’s underwhelming play,
> the tight end position needs to be addressed.
>
> At 6-foot-5 and 255 pounds, Kraft has a great blend of size and
> strength. He has good speed, short-area quickness and ball skills. Kraft
> has the run-blocking ability and toughness to be a solid contributor in
> that department. Additionally, he has experience playing in-line, in the
> slot, and out wide.
>
> Kraft had 65 receptions (the most among FCS tight ends) for 773 yards
> and six touchdowns as a first-team All-American in 2021. In 2022, he
> suffered an ankle injury that kept him sidelined for eight games. He
> returned to finish with 27 receptions for 348 yards and three touchdowns.

I've seen a lot of mocks that suggest Hyatt might be there in round two when the Chargers pick. In terms of positional need, all three make sense, especially if Keenan Allen and Gerald Everett end up as cap casualties as Popper has suggested recently.

Michael

Re: USA Today: Los Angeles Chargers three-round 2023 NFL mock draft 3.0

<k4oerrFmnppU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2959&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#2959

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: Re: USA Today: Los Angeles Chargers three-round 2023 NFL mock draft
3.0
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 22:03:17 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 03:03 UTC

phlash74 wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> At 6-foot-5 and 255 pounds, Kraft has a great blend of size and
>> strength. He has good speed, short-area quickness and ball skills. Kraft
>> has the run-blocking ability and toughness to be a solid contributor in
>> that department. Additionally, he has experience playing in-line, in the
>> slot, and out wide.
>>
>> Kraft had 65 receptions (the most among FCS tight ends) for 773 yards
>> and six touchdowns as a first-team All-American in 2021. In 2022, he
>> suffered an ankle injury that kept him sidelined for eight games. He
>> returned to finish with 27 receptions for 348 yards and three touchdowns.
>

> I've seen a lot of mocks that suggest Hyatt might be there in round two when the Chargers pick. In terms of positional need, all three make sense, especially if Keenan Allen and Gerald Everett end up as cap casualties as Popper has suggested recently.

I think these players would be a great top of the draft for the Chargers
regardless of whether Allen and Everett stay. These are the three
positions that need to be drafted high.

--Robin