Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 03:02:24 -0800 (PST)
Subject: I bet Andy Reid is not complaining that both teams should get the
ball in OT
From: jeffgers...@webtv.net (jeffg...@webtv.net)
 by: jeffg...@webtv.net - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 11:02 UTC

He not only complained a few years ago when New England beat him in the playoff after winning the OT toss, but KC also proposed a rule change. Funny, that on the same day New Orleans was jobbed by an obvious no call and then lost in OT even though they won the toss.

Re: I bet Andy Reid is not complaining that both teams should get the ball in OT

<1d2b5963-3389-448d-9220-f4a08fd88ca5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2982&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#2982

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 06:58:39 -0800 (PST)
ball in OT
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 14:58 UTC

On Monday, January 24, 2022 at 6:02:25 AM UTC-5, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> He not only complained a few years ago when New England beat him in the playoff after winning the OT toss, but KC also proposed a rule change. Funny, that on the same day New Orleans was jobbed by an obvious no call and then lost in OT even though they won the toss.

All you have to do is stop them from getting into the endzone and you WILL get the ball back and you only need THREE then, they already changed the rule.....or how about this....stop them from tieing the game up in only 13 seconds and you win! Can't say D is totally dead tho the saturday games did feature defense. If you ask me the GB SF game felt more like a NFL playoff game (Cold, Snow, GB, DEFENSE) than the Mahomes vs Allen one on one basketball game last night.

Re: I bet Andy Reid is not complaining that both teams should get the ball in OT

<f0fc13c6-10cb-40bb-9904-0b392f88ab3dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2985&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#2985

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 08:51:29 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: I bet Andy Reid is not complaining that both teams should get the ball in OT
From: jeffgers...@webtv.net (jeffg...@webtv.net)
 by: jeffg...@webtv.net - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 16:51 UTC

On Monday, January 24, 2022 at 9:58:40 AM UTC-5, iommiRULES wrote:
> On Monday, January 24, 2022 at 6:02:25 AM UTC-5, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> > He not only complained a few years ago when New England beat him in the playoff after winning the OT toss, but KC also proposed a rule change. Funny, that on the same day New Orleans was jobbed by an obvious no call and then lost in OT even though they won the toss.
> All you have to do is stop them from getting into the endzone and you WILL get the ball back and you only need THREE then, they already changed the rule.....or how about this....stop them from tieing the game up in only 13 seconds and you win! Can't say D is totally dead tho the saturday games did feature defense. If you ask me the GB SF game felt more like a NFL playoff game (Cold, Snow, GB, DEFENSE) than the Mahomes vs Allen one on one basketball game last night.
I agree, just stop them once, and you get a better chance to win than the team who received the kickoff, but didn't you get the feeling that whoever won the toss was about to score a touchdown?

I have exchanged e-mails with my brother in Buffalo. We both agree that they should not have kicked off into the end zone. Rather they should have made them run it back and take seconds off the clock. We also agree that they defended horribly in those 13 seconds. My brother thought they were playing to prevent a td when they should have been figuring all that was needed was a field goal to tie, and that was what they would try to accomplish in those few seconds. They did have all their timeouts so they did not have to only use the sidelines.

Re: I bet Andy Reid is not complaining that both teams should get the ball in OT

<e35d90d8-7d25-4e1d-80cc-b5dabb2d90d0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2986&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#2986

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 10:12:02 -0800 (PST)
ball in OT
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 18:12 UTC

On Monday, January 24, 2022 at 11:51:30 AM UTC-5, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> On Monday, January 24, 2022 at 9:58:40 AM UTC-5, iommiRULES wrote:
> > On Monday, January 24, 2022 at 6:02:25 AM UTC-5, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> > > He not only complained a few years ago when New England beat him in the playoff after winning the OT toss, but KC also proposed a rule change. Funny, that on the same day New Orleans was jobbed by an obvious no call and then lost in OT even though they won the toss.
> > All you have to do is stop them from getting into the endzone and you WILL get the ball back and you only need THREE then, they already changed the rule.....or how about this....stop them from tieing the game up in only 13 seconds and you win! Can't say D is totally dead tho the saturday games did feature defense. If you ask me the GB SF game felt more like a NFL playoff game (Cold, Snow, GB, DEFENSE) than the Mahomes vs Allen one on one basketball game last night.
> I agree, just stop them once, and you get a better chance to win than the team who received the kickoff, but didn't you get the feeling that whoever won the toss was about to score a touchdown?
>
> I have exchanged e-mails with my brother in Buffalo. We both agree that they should not have kicked off into the end zone. Rather they should have made them run it back and take seconds off the clock. We also agree that they defended horribly in those 13 seconds. My brother thought they were playing to prevent a td when they should have been figuring all that was needed was a field goal to tie, and that was what they would try to accomplish in those few seconds. They did have all their timeouts so they did not have to only use the sidelines.

Yes Boomer mentioned that same thing in the post game about the squib kick. And yes i did think that whoever won the toss would win. The main thing i noticed was how much Mahomeses bum ankle hurt the Chiefs last year in the SB, if Mahomes is healthy i don't think Tampa wins...DC's have to put spys on these mobile QB's, the day of the pocket QB is all but over....and not a LB its gotta be a sure tackling DB who runs a sub 4.5 40. I know KC was kina in a slump when we faced them but Grahams D did MUCH better than Fraziers did last night. Without the help of the offense that Buffalo has also....

Re: I bet Andy Reid is not complaining that both teams should get the ball in OT

<f1348edf-adca-4015-b1b8-76abf30b12c9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2987&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#2987

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 11:07:56 -0800 (PST)
ball in OT
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 19:07 UTC

On Monday, January 24, 2022 at 1:12:03 PM UTC-5, iommiRULES wrote:
> On Monday, January 24, 2022 at 11:51:30 AM UTC-5, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> > > All you have to do is stop them from getting into the endzone and you WILL get the ball back and you only need THREE then, they already changed the rule.....or how about this....stop them from tieing the game up in only 13 seconds and you win! Can't say D is totally dead tho the saturday games did feature defense. If you ask me the GB SF game felt more like a NFL playoff game (Cold, Snow, GB, DEFENSE) than the Mahomes vs Allen one on one basketball game last night.
> > I agree, just stop them once, and you get a better chance to win than the team who received the kickoff, but didn't you get the feeling that whoever won the toss was about to score a touchdown?
> >
> > I have exchanged e-mails with my brother in Buffalo. We both agree that they should not have kicked off into the end zone. Rather they should have made them run it back and take seconds off the clock. We also agree that they defended horribly in those 13 seconds. My brother thought they were playing to prevent a td when they should have been figuring all that was needed was a field goal to tie, and that was what they would try to accomplish in those few seconds. They did have all their timeouts so they did not have to only use the sidelines.
> Yes Boomer mentioned that same thing in the post game about the squib kick. And yes i did think that whoever won the toss would win. The main thing i noticed was how much Mahomeses bum ankle hurt the Chiefs last year in the SB, if Mahomes is healthy i don't think Tampa wins...DC's have to put spys on these mobile QB's, the day of the pocket QB is all but over....and not a LB its gotta be a sure tackling DB who runs a sub 4.5 40. I know KC was kina in a slump when we faced them but Grahams D did MUCH better than Fraziers did last night. Without the help of the offense that Buffalo has also.....

Or i think it was Mahomes toe last year not ankle...either way you cant just let these guys run around at will and LB's will not even stop them never mind Dlineman. Its almost like they WANT to be flushed from the pocket, they buy their own time whether the oline breaks down or not. And you can only cover for so long...the pressure has to come from a guy as fast and twitchy as they are or its useless.