From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Webeck:_Steph_Curry_gets_second_Player_of_the_Week_hono
r_in_Warriors’_young_season
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 02:58:01 -0800
 by: Allen - Tue, 16 Nov 2021 10:58 UTC

Steph Curry gets second Player of the Week honor in Warriors’ young season
Warriors star Curry scored 50 points last Monday vs. Hawks
>SAN FRANCISCO, CA – NOVEMBER 12: Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry
(30) shoots a three-point shot against Chicago Bulls’ Tony Bradley (13)
in the first quarter of a NBA game at Chase Center in San Francisco,
Calif., on Friday, Nov. 12, 2021. (Anda Chu/Bay Area News Group)
>SAN FRANCISCO, CA – NOVEMBER 12: Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry
(30) shoots a three-point shot against Chicago Bulls’ Tony Bradley (13)
in the first quarter of a NBA game at Chase Center in San Francisco,
Calif., on Friday, Nov. 12, 2021. (Anda Chu/Bay Area News Group)
By EVAN WEBECK | ewebeck@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: November 15, 2021 at 2:08 p.m. | UPDATED: November 15, 2021
at 2:12 p.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2021/11/15/steph-curry-gets-second-player-of-the-week-honor-in-warriors-young-season/

NEW YORK CITY — No player has matched the 50 points Stephen Curry
dropped Monday against Atlanta, nor has anyone mounted as many 40-point
performances as Curry this season. Likewise, nobody can match the
Warriors superstar in player of the week honors in this young season.

Curry earned his second such honor when he was named Western Conference
player of the week Monday, honoring him for the second time this season
for a four-game stretch in which he averaged an NBA-high 34.8 points
while leading Golden State to three wins in four games.

He was rewarded with a day off in New York City while the rest of the
team — sans Draymond Green and Andrew Wiggins, who were also given the
day off Monday — went through a casual, two-hour practice ahead of their
game in Brooklyn Tuesday evening.

This was the 18th time in his career that Curry has earned a player of
the week nod, more than any other players in Warriors history since the
league began handing it out in 1979. It came as Curry bounced back from
a minor illness the previous week that limited him to 20 or fewer points
in his past four games entering this week.

He showed he was back to full strength in a big way Monday against the
Bulls, becoming the oldest player in NBA history (age 33) to record a
50-point, 10-assist double-double and the third player to do so in
franchise history.

“It follows the usual pattern of how I start seasons,” Curry said this
week of his up-and-down past two weeks. “A lot of it too is just staying
aggressive, locked in on how I’m trying to get off on most nights.”

>RELATED ARTICLES
Draymond Green’s football tape does not impress the Manning brothers
Warriors on facing Durant again: ‘We all love each other and respect
each other’
How Jonathan Kuminga has earned his place in the Warriors’ rotation
Warriors 3 Things: Don’t fret the loss to the Hornets — celebrate the
emergence of Jonathan Kuminga
Stephen Curry’s homecoming soured as Hornets snap Warriors’ winning
streak

With a 28.1 per game average, Curry is second only to Kevin Durant
(29.6) in scoring this season.

Coach Steve Kerr on Monday agreed there was no competition: the two
former teammates, who won two championships together and will face off
Tuesday in Brooklyn, are playing the best basketball in the NBA.

“No doubt,” Kerr said. “To me, they’ve been the best two players in the
league so far.”

--
Evan Webeck | Reporter
Evan Webeck covers high-school sports on the field and beyond — and a