From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Webeck: Steph Curry bruised his hip taking a charge but expects to
play vs. Cavaliers
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 21:36:39 -0800
 by: Allen - Fri, 19 Nov 2021 05:36 UTC

Steph Curry bruised his hip taking a charge but expects to play vs.
Cavaliers
Golden State Warriors' superstar listed as questionable, but Steve Kerr
says Curry is 'probable' following shootaround
>SAN FRANCISCO, CA – NOVEMBER 12: Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry
(30) warms up before their game against Chicago Bulls at Chase Center in
San Francisco, Calif., on Friday, Nov. 12, 2021. (Anda Chu/Bay Area News
Group)
>SAN FRANCISCO, CA – NOVEMBER 12: Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry
(30) warms up before their game against Chicago Bulls at Chase Center in
San Francisco, Calif., on Friday, Nov. 12, 2021. (Anda Chu/Bay Area News
Group)
By EVAN WEBECK | ewebeck@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: November 18, 2021 at 10:22 a.m. | UPDATED: November 18, 2021
at 10:46 a.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2021/11/18/steph-curry-bruised-his-hip-taking-a-charge-but-expects-to-play-vs-cavaliers/

CLEVELAND — Steve Kerr doesn’t mind Stephen Curry putting his body on
the line, even if it results in the Warriors’ superstar landing on the
following day’s injury report.

Curry fell hard to the floor Tuesday and bruised his left hip while
stepping in to take a charge on the Brooklyn Nets’ James Harden, putting
his status for Thursday night in Cleveland in question. Curry was listed
as questionable, but after going through shootaround without issue, Kerr
upgraded his status to probable.

“I think if you do it correctly, taking a charge is not that dangerous,”
Kerr said. “But if you do it incorrectly you can do some damage. The
thing about Steph is he knows how to take a charge and keeps himself
safe, for the most part.”

Facing the Cavaliers in the first of a back-to-back set, the Warriors
decided to rest Andre Iguodala with the expectation that the 37-year-old
veteran will return for the second leg Friday in Detroit.

Cleveland will be playing particularly shorthanded Thursday, with Lauri
Markkanen, Jarrett Allen, Evan Mobley, Collin Sexton and Lamar Stevens
all ruled out.

>RELATED ARTICLES
Warriors wake up in dominant fourth quarter to beat Cavs
Warriors identify flaws after big win over Nets: ‘We’re nowhere near
where we need to be’
Want proof the Warriors are back to their old ways? Look no further
than opposing fans
Warriors 3 Things: Draymond Green's KD-stopping defense is fueling
the Warriors' resurgence
Warriors’ Klay Thompson cleared for next step in rehab

--
Evan Webeck | Reporter
Evan Webeck covers high-school sports on the field and beyond — and a