On Thanksgiving Day all over America, families sit down to dinner at the same moment -- halftime.

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers / Texas RB Bijan Robinson

SubjectAuthor
* Texas RB Bijan Robinsonphlash74
`* Re: Texas RB Bijan Robinsonphlash74
 `- Re: Texas RB Bijan RobinsonRobin Miller

1
Texas RB Bijan Robinson

<de3c29d4-a57f-4f66-b9ae-ca3728aad2f0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3080&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#3080

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2023 08:58:05 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Texas RB Bijan Robinson
From: phlas...@msn.com (phlash74)
 by: phlash74 - Thu, 20 Apr 2023 15:58 UTC

Heard Robinson interviewed on Dan Patrick's radio show this morning. The interesting parts to me were that he says the player he is most often compared to is LaDainian Tomlinson, and that while he's spoken to several teams via Zoom, the two places he visited were Philadelphia and Tampa Bay. While the Eagles have the 30th pick, Tampa has the 19th pick. I was interested to see if he made it to 21 whether the Chargers would pick him to supplement or supplant Ekeler.

I think the likeliest positions for the Chargers to focus on in the first round are WR or TE, but I can't help thinking if Bijan makes it to their selection that he would be an excellent choice. Most draft "experts" say he's a top 5 talent who will only fall out of the top 10 due to the position he plays. With the money the Chargers are going to have to commit to Herbert, picking up a stud RB on a cheap rookie deal for the next few years might be hugely beneficial.

Michael

Re: Texas RB Bijan Robinson

<109a60fb-51f2-44ac-8b86-63679a34ac4fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3081&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#3081

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2023 09:00:17 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Texas RB Bijan Robinson
From: phlas...@msn.com (phlash74)
 by: phlash74 - Thu, 20 Apr 2023 16:00 UTC

On Thursday, April 20, 2023 at 8:58:06 AM UTC-7, phlash74 wrote:
> Heard Robinson interviewed on Dan Patrick's radio show this morning. The interesting parts to me were that he says the player he is most often compared to is LaDainian Tomlinson, and that while he's spoken to several teams via Zoom, the two places he visited were Philadelphia and Tampa Bay. While the Eagles have the 30th pick, Tampa has the 19th pick. I was interested to see if he made it to 21 whether the Chargers would pick him to supplement or supplant Ekeler.
>
> I think the likeliest positions for the Chargers to focus on in the first round are WR or TE, but I can't help thinking if Bijan makes it to their selection that he would be an excellent choice. Most draft "experts" say he's a top 5 talent who will only fall out of the top 10 due to the position he plays. With the money the Chargers are going to have to commit to Herbert, picking up a stud RB on a cheap rookie deal for the next few years might be hugely beneficial.
>
> Michael

Overlooked that the Eagles have the Saints' pick at 10, so it's even less likely that Robinson would get to the Chargers' pick. But I can still hope for a week lol.

Michael

Re: Texas RB Bijan Robinson

<kadlvfFqkp4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3082&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#3082

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2023 16:34:50 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Thu, 20 Apr 2023 20:34 UTC

phlash74 wrote:
> On Thursday, April 20, 2023 at 8:58:06 AM UTC-7, phlash74 wrote:
>> Heard Robinson interviewed on Dan Patrick's radio show this morning. The interesting parts to me were that he says the player he is most often compared to is LaDainian Tomlinson, and that while he's spoken to several teams via Zoom, the two places he visited were Philadelphia and Tampa Bay. While the Eagles have the 30th pick, Tampa has the 19th pick. I was interested to see if he made it to 21 whether the Chargers would pick him to supplement or supplant Ekeler.
>>
>> I think the likeliest positions for the Chargers to focus on in the first round are WR or TE, but I can't help thinking if Bijan makes it to their selection that he would be an excellent choice. Most draft "experts" say he's a top 5 talent who will only fall out of the top 10 due to the position he plays. With the money the Chargers are going to have to commit to Herbert, picking up a stud RB on a cheap rookie deal for the next few years might be hugely beneficial.
>>
>> Michael
>
> Overlooked that the Eagles have the Saints' pick at 10, so it's even less likely that Robinson would get to the Chargers' pick. But I can still hope for a week lol.
>
> Michael

He would be a great pick, but I agree he's not likely to last until 21.
I''m still thinking (or hoping) WR, TE and Edge for their top three
picks, unless a premium talent like Robinson falls to them.

--Robin