From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: Chargers Sign DL Nick Williams
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 22:26:49 -0400
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.16
 by: Robin Miller - Sat, 20 May 2023 02:26 UTC

https://www.chargers.com/news/los-angeles-chargers-sign-dl-nick-williams

Los Angeles Chargers Sign DL Nick Williams
May 19, 2023 at 10:00 AM

The Los Angeles Chargers today signed defensive lineman Nick Williams.

Since entering the league as a seventh-round selection (223rd overall)
by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 2013 NFL Draft, Williams has appeared
in 83 career regular-season games (42 starts) for the Giants, Lions,
Bears, Dolphins and Chiefs, as well as two postseason outings with
Kansas City and Miami.

Over nine seasons of NFL action, Williams has totaled 125 career tackles
(67 solo), including 7.5 sacks and 12 tackles for loss, as well as seven
passes defensed and two fumble recoveries. As a member of the Bears in
2019, Williams appeared in all 16 regular-season games (five starts) and
recorded a career-high six sacks, the second-most by any member of
Chicago's defense.

A native of Birmingham, Ala., Williams prepped collegiately at Samford
University, where he appeared in in 40 career games for the Bulldogs
over his final four seasons (2009-12) after redshirting in 2008.
Williams posted a career-best 31 tackles (15 solo) in his final season
at Samford, leading the Bulldogs with a career-high six sacks

Stats:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillNi01.htm

He's 33 years old.

I guess they're not going to sign John Johnson or re-sign Van Noy or
Callahan, which is a bummer. This guy is a 33-year-old seventh-round
draft pick who missed half of last season.

--Robin

Re: Chargers Sign DL Nick Williams

<u49i8n$vpj6$10@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3121&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#3121

From: maximush...@gmx.com (max headroom)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: Re: Chargers Sign DL Nick Williams
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 21:27:13 -0700
 by: max headroom - Sat, 20 May 2023 04:27 UTC

In news:kcqpfiF1o2iU1@mid.individual.net, Robin Miller
<robin.miller@invalid.invalid> typed:

> https://www.chargers.com/news/los-angeles-chargers-sign-dl-nick-williams

> Los Angeles Chargers Sign DL Nick Williams
> May 19, 2023 at 10:00 AM

> The Los Angeles Chargers today signed defensive lineman Nick Williams.

> Since entering the league as a seventh-round selection (223rd overall)
> by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 2013 NFL Draft, Williams has appeared
> in 83 career regular-season games (42 starts) for the Giants, Lions,
> Bears, Dolphins and Chiefs, as well as two postseason outings with
> Kansas City and Miami.

> Over nine seasons of NFL action, Williams has totaled 125 career tackles
> (67 solo), including 7.5 sacks and 12 tackles for loss, as well as seven
> passes defensed and two fumble recoveries. As a member of the Bears in
> 2019, Williams appeared in all 16 regular-season games (five starts) and
> recorded a career-high six sacks, the second-most by any member of
> Chicago's defense.

> A native of Birmingham, Ala., Williams prepped collegiately at Samford
> University, where he appeared in in 40 career games for the Bulldogs
> over his final four seasons (2009-12) after redshirting in 2008.
> Williams posted a career-best 31 tackles (15 solo) in his final season
> at Samford, leading the Bulldogs with a career-high six sacks

> Stats:

> https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillNi01.htm

> He's 33 years old.

> I guess they're not going to sign John Johnson or re-sign Van Noy or
> Callahan, which is a bummer. This guy is a 33-year-old seventh-round
> draft pick who missed half of last season.

> --Robin

Ya know, I have a bad feeling about this upcoming season.

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers / Chargers Sign DL Nick Williams