From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Webeck: With a tweet, Draymond Green shows why Warriors avoid losing
streaks
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 17:44:46 -0800
 by: Allen - Fri, 17 Dec 2021 01:44 UTC

With a tweet, Draymond Green shows why Warriors avoid losing streaks
'It’s been a couple years since losing a game bothered me this much…
This is Good,' Green wrote on Twitter early Sunday morning
>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – DECEMBER 08: Golden State Warriors’
Draymond Green #23 warms up before their NBA game against the Portland
Trailblazers at the Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Wednesday,
Dec. 8, 2021. (Jane Tyska/Bay Area News Group)
>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – DECEMBER 08: Golden State Warriors’
Draymond Green #23 warms up before their NBA game against the Portland
Trailblazers at the Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Wednesday,
Dec. 8, 2021. (Jane Tyska/Bay Area News Group)
By EVAN WEBECK | ewebeck@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: December 12, 2021 at 1:38 p.m. | UPDATED: December 12, 2021
at 2:25 p.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2021/12/12/with-a-tweet-draymond-green-shows-why-warriors-dont-lose-2-in-row/

PHILADELPHIA — It was clear Draymond Green was upset after the Warriors’
loss Saturday to the 76ers. If there was any doubt, he let the rest of
the world know Sunday afternoon.

“It’s been a couple years since losing a game bothered me this much…
This is Good,” Green wrote on Twitter. He woke up angry: the tweet was
posted at 5:13 a.m. local time. Later that afternoon, Green and the rest
of the Warriors were back at practice in the gym at Temple University,
where coach Steve Kerr was able to weigh in on Green’s feelings after
the 102-93 loss.

“That’s a good sign, a good feeling when you lose and it’s a shock and
it stings,” Kerr said. “There were times the last couple years where …
not that it didn’t sting, but maybe it wasn’t as surprising. I just
think we’re in a position now where we expect to win every night, and
that’s a great place to be.”

--
— Draymond Green (@Money23Green) December 12, 2021
--

The often verbose all-NBA defender was short for words immediately
following the loss. He was asked eight questions and didn’t offer a

“Draymond is such a competitor, of course he’s going to be upset when we
lose,” Kerr said. “He’s our leader, our engine. His fire burns hot. So
he’s a big reason why we have bounced back well from losses over the years.”

The Warriors will need to utilize that mentality again Monday in
Indiana, as they try to stave off their first set of consecutive losses
this season. Dating back to last season, Golden State has gone 35 games
without losing two in a row.

That, however, is a far cry from the record the Warriors set during the
first stage of their dynasty.

From April 9, 2015, to March 2, 2017, Golden State went 146 games
without recording consecutive losses, demolishing the previous record
set by the Utah Jazz during the days of John Stockton and Karl Malone
(95; Nov. 1997-March 1999).

>RELATED ARTICLES
As COVID-19 surges around NBA, Golden State Warriors step up protocols
Klay Thompson’s return date reportedly pushed back as Warriors try to
limit anticipation
Warriors make another roster move with Thompson, Wiseman after latest
Santa Cruz practices
Kurtenbach: Klay Thompson’s return couldn’t come at a better time for
the lulling Warriors
Steph Curry is the new 3-point king: His trainer explains how he’s
getting stronger at age 33

It’s just another sign the Warriors, off to a 21-5 start this season,
are getting closer to their old winning ways after two seasons of
futility marred by injuries.

“I think the biggest thing for (Green) and for all of us is, we’re back
in the fight,” Kerr said. “Of all the things we accomplished during this
run, I think the most impressive stat is we set the all-time record for
most consecutive games without losing two in a row. I think it’s just
the general competitive nature of our team. It’s maybe something that
has gone overlooked a little bit.

“People focus on the shooting or Draymond’s defense or the skill, but
the competitiveness of these guys means they hate losing. And they tend
to bounce back really well from a loss because of that character, or
that desire to right the wrong.”

--
Evan Webeck | Reporter
Evan Webeck covers high-school sports on the field and beyond — and a