Rocksolid Light

Welcome to novaBBS (click a section below)

mail  files  register  newsreader  groups  login

Message-ID:  

Most people's favorite way to end a game is by winning.


sport / rec.autos.sport.nascar / Re: Road & Track non-story

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Road & Track non-storya425couple
`* Re: Road & Track non-storyAlan
 `* Re: Road & Track non-storyMark Jackson
  `- Re: Road & Track non-storyAlan

1
Re: Road & Track non-story

<FL2GN.530761$xHn7.501519@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=314&group=rec.autos.sport.nascar#314

  copy link   Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1 rec.autos.sport.nascar rec.autos.sport.indycar
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!usenet.blueworldhosting.com!diablo1.usenet.blueworldhosting.com!peer03.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!fx14.iad.POSTED!not-for-mail
MIME-Version: 1.0
User-Agent: Mozilla Thunderbird
Subject: Re: Road & Track non-story
Content-Language: en-US
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.sport.indycar
References: <us8ftj$gmq$1@reader1.panix.com>
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
In-Reply-To: <us8ftj$gmq$1@reader1.panix.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Lines: 66
Message-ID: <FL2GN.530761$xHn7.501519@fx14.iad>
X-Complaints-To: abuse(at)newshosting.com
NNTP-Posting-Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2024 18:39:33 UTC
Organization: Newshosting.com - Highest quality at a great price! www.newshosting.com
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2024 10:39:32 -0800
X-Received-Bytes: 3669
 by: a425couple - Wed, 6 Mar 2024 18:39 UTC

On 3/5/24 17:12, David Lesher wrote:
> <https://www.washingtonpost.com/style/media/2024/03/05/formula-one-road-track-kate-wagner/>
>
> So this piece appeared on Road & Track's website briefly before it vanished.
>
> BUT too late, because Brewster Kahle had scooped it up.
>
> It's fun to speculate who exactly was so offended by it that is was Disappeared.
>
> <https://web.archive.org/web/20240301170542/https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a46975496/behind-f1-velvet-curtain/>
>
> I found it an enjoyable read.
( I do not know why, this seems to have a bug in it that has lost
everything 3 times when I have hit send. I'll try again. Sorry for
errors.)

Thank you for providing us that.
However, I found it mostly irritating.

"If you wanted to turn someone into a socialist you could do it in about
an hour by taking them for a spin around the paddock of a Formula 1
race. The kind of money I saw will haunt me forever."

She thinks viewing ostentatious wealth will turn a person from economic
freedom, and capitalistic free enterprise into socialists. I think
most people after viewing Cuba, Nicaragua, and Venezuela, will
disagree. There are reasons that in the last 5 years 7.5 million
people have swarmed into the USA.

"We know there is a class system in America, a great divide between the
haves and have-nots. To be a have-not and be talked to by the haves has
an air of the farcical to it."

No, there is not. There is a spread, with many constantly moving up,
and many moving down. But the averages are regularly moving up.
Adam Smith's unseen hand moving through the world's market have
made most well fed and equipped.

"The corporate entity in question was Mercedes-AMG sponsor INEOS, the
petrochemical company. Not exactly the kind of institution a
bicycle-loving, card-carrying socialist wants to get involved with."

That show her bias clearly. Her mind was made up before she even started.
Why mess with observations when the mind is closed?
In motorsports F1 is the epitome of competitive capitalism. Winners
are allowed to win. Is anyone here advocating that F1 make a rule
that puts a 8 pound penalty on a car for each race they win?
How about making the Concorde payments to each team equal?
How about making them all use the same chassis?

"I learned that I'm the kind of person who would rather be right than
happy, would rather stand in my ivory tower than frolic in the fields
below. I experienced firsthand the intended effect of allowing riffraff
like me, those who distinguish themselves by way of words alone, to
mingle with the giants of capitalism and their cultural attachés."

The young lady who seems proud of being unable to drive,
is quite disparaging of people who develop wealth. She will most likely
continue to think of herself as 'righter' than most people in the world.

>

Re: Road & Track non-story

<uumkpl$odfm$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=319&group=rec.autos.sport.nascar#319

  copy link   Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1 rec.autos.sport.nascar rec.autos.sport.indycar
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!eternal-september.org!feeder3.eternal-september.org!news.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.sport.indycar
Subject: Re: Road & Track non-story
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 09:33:57 -0700
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 50
Message-ID: <uumkpl$odfm$3@dont-email.me>
References: <us8ftj$gmq$1@reader1.panix.com>
<FL2GN.530761$xHn7.501519@fx14.iad>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2024 16:33:58 +0200 (CEST)
Injection-Info: dont-email.me; posting-host="be25a910156a07035afe7d3d39f4206b";
logging-data="800246"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX1+z7sBtdS1y2aLPfPstsDM3qHoU7J7kTk0="
User-Agent: Mozilla Thunderbird
Cancel-Lock: sha1:wVQMxLdTbS+Avo4C1+qXVBZ7TDY=
In-Reply-To: <FL2GN.530761$xHn7.501519@fx14.iad>
Content-Language: en-CA
 by: Alan - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 16:33 UTC

On 2024-03-06 10:39, a425couple wrote:
> On 3/5/24 17:12, David Lesher wrote:
>> <https://www.washingtonpost.com/style/media/2024/03/05/formula-one-road-track-kate-wagner/>
>>
>> So this piece appeared on Road & Track's website briefly before it
>> vanished.
>>
>> BUT too late, because Brewster Kahle had scooped it up.
>>
>> It's fun to speculate who exactly was so offended by it that is was
>> Disappeared.
>>
>> <https://web.archive.org/web/20240301170542/https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a46975496/behind-f1-velvet-curtain/>
>>
>> I found it an enjoyable read.
> (
> I do not know why, this seems to have a bug in it that has lost
> everything 3 times when I have hit send.  I'll try again.  Sorry for
> errors.)
>
>
> Thank you for providing us that.
> However, I found it mostly irritating.
>
> "If you wanted to turn someone into a socialist you could do it in about
> an hour by taking them for a spin around the paddock of a Formula 1
> race. The kind of money I saw will haunt me forever."
>
> She thinks viewing ostentatious wealth will turn a person from economic
> freedom, and capitalistic free enterprise into socialists.  I think
> most people after viewing Cuba, Nicaragua, and Venezuela, will
> disagree.  There are reasons that in the last 5 years 7.5 million
> people have swarmed into the USA.
>
> "We know there is a class system in America, a great divide between the
> haves and have-nots. To be a have-not and be talked to by the haves has
> an air of the farcical to it."
>
> No, there is not.  There is a spread, with many constantly moving up,
> and many moving down.  But the averages are regularly moving up.
> Adam Smith's unseen hand moving through the world's market have
> made most well fed and equipped.

Yes, there is a class system, and most who are down never have any
chance of moving up.

If the average wealth is rising, it is because the extremely rich are
getting extremely richer.

I suggest you look at the MEDIAN, rather than the mean.

Re: Road & Track non-story

<l784ktF9gvtU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=320&group=rec.autos.sport.nascar#320

  copy link   Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1 rec.autos.sport.nascar rec.autos.sport.indycar
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!fu-berlin.de!uni-berlin.de!individual.net!not-for-mail
From: mjack...@alumni.caltech.edu (Mark Jackson)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.sport.indycar
Subject: Re: Road & Track non-story
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 13:00:13 -0400
Organization: Bureau_Central_de_Recherches_Surréalistes
Lines: 29
Message-ID: <l784ktF9gvtU1@mid.individual.net>
References: <us8ftj$gmq$1@reader1.panix.com>
<FL2GN.530761$xHn7.501519@fx14.iad> <uumkpl$odfm$3@dont-email.me>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Trace: individual.net +NVJhyCmwrfEPXRJz/twxwgwvT6BAdtU4y4p2fzvlGkYOYrOpO
Cancel-Lock: sha1:RTKTc4bz5eWqfgir0mdmNUeIhbc= sha256:79c7o+igzyfxmwJzDkHhvbibmnZ42Hjr6esF0uEBWXc=
User-Agent: Mozilla Thunderbird
Content-Language: en-US
In-Reply-To: <uumkpl$odfm$3@dont-email.me>
 by: Mark Jackson - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 17:00 UTC

On 4/4/2024 12:33 PM, Alan wrote:
> On 2024-03-06 10:39, a425couple wrote:

>> "We know there is a class system in America, a great divide between
>> the haves and have-nots. To be a have-not and be talked to by the
>> haves has an air of the farcical to it."
>>
>> No, there is not.  There is a spread, with many constantly moving up,
>> and many moving down.  But the averages are regularly moving up.
>> Adam Smith's unseen hand moving through the world's market have
>> made most well fed and equipped.
>
> Yes, there is a class system, and most who are down never have any
> chance of moving up.
>
> If the average wealth is rising, it is because the extremely rich are
> getting extremely richer.
>
> I suggest you look at the MEDIAN, rather than the mean.

It's important to examine the distribution.

https://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/2012-03-25

--
Mark Jackson - https://mark-jackson.online/
Women tend to fare poorly in religions created by men.
- Julia Scheeres

Re: Road & Track non-story

<uumtkd$qpov$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=321&group=rec.autos.sport.nascar#321

  copy link   Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1 rec.autos.sport.nascar rec.autos.sport.indycar
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!eternal-september.org!feeder3.eternal-september.org!news.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.sport.indycar
Subject: Re: Road & Track non-story
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 15:04:45 -0400
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 27
Message-ID: <uumtkd$qpov$1@dont-email.me>
References: <us8ftj$gmq$1@reader1.panix.com>
<FL2GN.530761$xHn7.501519@fx14.iad> <uumkpl$odfm$3@dont-email.me>
<l784ktF9gvtU1@mid.individual.net>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2024 19:04:46 +0200 (CEST)
Injection-Info: dont-email.me; posting-host="be25a910156a07035afe7d3d39f4206b";
logging-data="878367"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX1/zUVG9MJortXFKFakinofmD4hRsAuIXaE="
User-Agent: Mozilla Thunderbird
Cancel-Lock: sha1:jhkySARuZLCtF/axNlWEERWU4Oc=
In-Reply-To: <l784ktF9gvtU1@mid.individual.net>
Content-Language: en-CA
 by: Alan - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 19:04 UTC

On 2024-04-04 10:00, Mark Jackson wrote:
> On 4/4/2024 12:33 PM, Alan wrote:
>> On 2024-03-06 10:39, a425couple wrote:
>
>>> "We know there is a class system in America, a great divide between
>>> the haves and have-nots. To be a have-not and be talked to by the
>>> haves has an air of the farcical to it."
>>>
>>> No, there is not.  There is a spread, with many constantly moving up,
>>> and many moving down.  But the averages are regularly moving up.
>>> Adam Smith's unseen hand moving through the world's market have
>>> made most well fed and equipped.
>>
>> Yes, there is a class system, and most who are down never have any
>> chance of moving up.
>>
>> If the average wealth is rising, it is because the extremely rich are
>> getting extremely richer.
>>
>> I suggest you look at the MEDIAN, rather than the mean.
>
> It's important to examine the distribution.
>
> https://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/2012-03-25
>

Oh, I love that!


sport / rec.autos.sport.nascar / Re: Road & Track non-story

1
server_pubkey.txt

rocksolid light 0.9.81
clearnet tor