Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. -- W. C. Fields

sport / alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets / Re: Jacob deGrom's latest injury confirms Mets made right decision

SubjectAuthor
* Jacob deGrom's latest injury confirms Mets made right decision*ernie
+* Re: Jacob deGrom's latest injury confirms Mets made right decisionHass
|`- Re: Jacob deGrom's latest injury confirms Mets made right decisiontmp
`- Re: Jacob deGrom's latest injury confirms Mets made right decisionPopping Mad

1
Jacob deGrom's latest injury confirms Mets made right decision

<tsm3vc$3bk8s$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3164&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3164

From: alreadyd...@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Subject: Jacob deGrom's latest injury confirms Mets made right decision
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 15:33:47 -0500
 by: *ernie - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 20:33 UTC

Spring training is just getting under way, and Jacob deGrom is already
injured. After a recent bullpen session, deGrom told the Rangers medical
staff that he had "tightness" in his right side, per the Dallas Morning
News.

This is just the latest chapter in deGrom's long injury history.

Over the past three seasons, the right-handed ace pitched in only 38
games for the New York Mets because of various injuries.

Despite the extensive injury history, the Rangers signed the two-time NL
Cy Young Award winner to a five-year, $185 million deal in the
offseason. The Mets' contract offer to deGrom was in the ballpark of
three years and $120 million, according to Joel Sherman of the New York
Post.

The Mets' offer to deGrom seemed low at the time — seriously — but his
latest injury reaffirms the team made the right call.

To quote the oldest sports cliché in the book, "the best ability is
availability."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/jacob-degrom-s-latest-injury-confirms-mets-made-right-decision/ar-AA17xxC6?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=0c8ca33af5414d9db55e3f15680a6d88

--
ernie k.
alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com

Re: Jacob deGrom's latest injury confirms Mets made right decision

<befe8306-0bbe-4c7f-ba88-033b099b8e45n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3174&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3174

Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 16:51:18 -0800 (PST)
From: bhasselb...@gmail.com (Hass)
 by: Hass - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 00:51 UTC

On Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 2:33:50 PM UTC-6, *ernie wrote:
> Spring training is just getting under way, and Jacob deGrom is already
> injured. After a recent bullpen session, deGrom told the Rangers medical
> staff that he had "tightness" in his right side, per the Dallas Morning
> News.
>
> This is just the latest chapter in deGrom's long injury history.
>
> Over the past three seasons, the right-handed ace pitched in only 38
> games for the New York Mets because of various injuries.
>
> Despite the extensive injury history, the Rangers signed the two-time NL
> Cy Young Award winner to a five-year, $185 million deal in the
> offseason. The Mets' contract offer to deGrom was in the ballpark of
> three years and $120 million, according to Joel Sherman of the New York
> Post.
>
> The Mets' offer to deGrom seemed low at the time — seriously — but his
> latest injury reaffirms the team made the right call.
>
> To quote the oldest sports cliché in the book, "the best ability is
> availability."
>

> https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/jacob-degrom-s-latest-injury-confirms-mets-made-right-decision/ar-AA17xxC6?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=0c8ca33af5414d9db55e3f15680a6d88
>

> --
> ernie k.
> already...@hotmail.com

Such a relief....if he was still here, we'd all be moaning that the season is over. :) Now, we can just relish the pleasure of watching it happen to someone else.

Re: Jacob deGrom's latest injury confirms Mets made right decision

<59bc82ac-3647-44fe-8446-f84b6ca8861cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3175&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3175

Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 06:16:49 -0800 (PST)
From: tpfei...@gmail.com (tmp)
 by: tmp - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 14:16 UTC

On Monday, February 20, 2023 at 7:51:19 PM UTC-5, Hass wrote:
> On Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 2:33:50 PM UTC-6, *ernie wrote:
> > Spring training is just getting under way, and Jacob deGrom is already
> > injured. After a recent bullpen session, deGrom told the Rangers medical
> > staff that he had "tightness" in his right side, per the Dallas Morning
> > News.
> >
> > This is just the latest chapter in deGrom's long injury history.
> >
> > Over the past three seasons, the right-handed ace pitched in only 38
> > games for the New York Mets because of various injuries.
> >
> > Despite the extensive injury history, the Rangers signed the two-time NL
> > Cy Young Award winner to a five-year, $185 million deal in the
> > offseason. The Mets' contract offer to deGrom was in the ballpark of
> > three years and $120 million, according to Joel Sherman of the New York
> > Post.
> >
> > The Mets' offer to deGrom seemed low at the time — seriously — but his
> > latest injury reaffirms the team made the right call.
> >
> > To quote the oldest sports cliché in the book, "the best ability is
> > availability."
> >

> > https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/jacob-degrom-s-latest-injury-confirms-mets-made-right-decision/ar-AA17xxC6?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=0c8ca33af5414d9db55e3f15680a6d88
> >

> > --
> > ernie k.
> > already...@hotmail.com
> Such a relief....if he was still here, we'd all be moaning that the season is over. :) Now, we can just relish the pleasure of watching it happen to someone else.

Yes, it sounds all too familiar. He does nice work, but not much of it.

Re: Jacob deGrom's latest injury confirms Mets made right decision

<tutqp1$frs$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3191&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3191

From: rain...@colition.gov (Popping Mad)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 21:18:04 -0400
 by: Popping Mad - Thu, 16 Mar 2023 01:18 UTC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4S17fZZ5cc