If swimming is so good for your figure, how come whales look the way they do?

sport / alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors / That was one ugly performance

SubjectAuthor
* That was one ugly performanceDonald Lee
`* Re: That was one ugly performanceRobin Miller
 +* Re: That was one ugly performanceDavid Farber
 |+- Re: That was one ugly performanceRobin Miller
 |`- Re: That was one ugly performanceAllen
 `* Re: That was one ugly performanceDonald Lee
  `- Re: That was one ugly performanceRobin Miller

1
That was one ugly performance

<389cd443-717c-4e12-988a-9f9bdfe1650cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3194&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#3194

Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 23:26:12 -0800 (PST)
Subject: That was one ugly performance
From: coac...@gmail.com (Donald Lee)
 by: Donald Lee - Wed, 29 Dec 2021 07:26 UTC

Went to the game with a friend. Curry looked out of sorts Heck the whole team looked like they were sleeping walking except Wiggins. Wiggins kept the Warriors around for a while but didn't get the ball much later in the game.

Credit to the Warriors for hanging in there though.

DL

Re: That was one ugly performance

<j33nk5Fsc02U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3195&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#3195

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Re: That was one ugly performance
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 13:27:13 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Wed, 29 Dec 2021 18:27 UTC

Donald Lee wrote:
> Went to the game with a friend. Curry looked out of sorts Heck the whole team looked like they were sleeping walking except Wiggins. Wiggins kept the Warriors around for a while but didn't get the ball much later in the game.
>
> Credit to the Warriors for hanging in there though.
>
> DL

I think Draymond is as valuable to the team as Curry. I also wonder if
Curry's age-related decline has started, although the degree of
difficulty of many of his shots is incredible given how many defenders
he is facing.

--Robin

Re: That was one ugly performance

<sqibhe$dl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3196&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#3196

From: farberbe...@aol.com (David Farber)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 11:05:25 -0800
 by: David Farber - Wed, 29 Dec 2021 19:05 UTC

On 12/29/2021 10:27 AM, Robin Miller wrote:
> Donald Lee wrote:
>> Went to the game with a friend.  Curry looked out of sorts  Heck the
>> whole team looked like they were sleeping walking except Wiggins.
>> Wiggins kept the Warriors around for a while but didn't get the ball
>> much later in the game.
>>
>> Credit to the Warriors for hanging in there though.
>>
>> DL
>>

> I think Draymond is as valuable to the team as Curry. I also wonder if
> Curry's age-related decline has started, although the degree of
> difficulty of many of his shots is incredible given how many defenders
> he is facing.
>
> --Robin

Agree with all of your points. Curry's FG percentage this season is
43.3% while his career average is 47.5%. His 3 point percentage is now
below 40% while his career average is 43.1%.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/curryst01.html
Draymond's absence definitely had a big impact. Their first half defense
was terrible and the turnovers kept piling up.
Also, let's give some credit to the Nuggets. Their free throw defense
was the best I've ever seen against the Dubs. :smh:
--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

Re: That was one ugly performance

<j33u1cFth8bU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3197&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#3197

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 15:16:40 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Wed, 29 Dec 2021 20:16 UTC

David Farber wrote:

> Also, let's give some credit to the Nuggets. Their free throw defense
> was the best I've ever seen against the Dubs. :smh:
> --
> David Farber
> Los Osos, CA

Agreed!

:-)

OTOH, Kuminga is going to be really good. If Wiseman meets expectations
also, it is really going to change the team. And Moody should become a
dependable piece as well.

--Robin

Re: That was one ugly performance

<a414e90c-3014-436e-83a4-2daa2242560cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3198&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#3198

Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 13:57:48 -0800 (PST)
From: coac...@gmail.com (Donald Lee)
 by: Donald Lee - Wed, 29 Dec 2021 21:57 UTC

I hadn't thought of Curry finally aging a bit. I compare your comment to something a friend / fellow basketball player send to me before the pandemic started where he told me "you may have lost a split second in your reaction time" and that impacts play a lot.

For me, playing in an adult rec league, no one going to notice too much except for me friend who saw me play over the past decade. For Curry, a NBA pro playing against the best / fastest players in the world, if he slows down, it will be noticable.

DL

On Wednesday, December 29, 2021 at 10:27:20 AM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:

> I think Draymond is as valuable to the team as Curry. I also wonder if
> Curry's age-related decline has started, although the degree of
> difficulty of many of his shots is incredible given how many defenders
> he is facing.
>
> --Robin

Re: That was one ugly performance

<j348rlF12ajU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3199&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#3199

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 18:21:20 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Wed, 29 Dec 2021 23:21 UTC

Donald Lee wrote:
> I hadn't thought of Curry finally aging a bit. I compare your comment to something a friend / fellow basketball player send to me before the pandemic started where he told me "you may have lost a split second in your reaction time" and that impacts play a lot.
>
> For me, playing in an adult rec league, no one going to notice too much except for me friend who saw me play over the past decade. For Curry, a NBA pro playing against the best / fastest players in the world, if he slows down, it will be noticable.
>
> DL
>
> On Wednesday, December 29, 2021 at 10:27:20 AM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
>

>> I think Draymond is as valuable to the team as Curry. I also wonder if
>> Curry's age-related decline has started, although the degree of
>> difficulty of many of his shots is incredible given how many defenders
>> he is facing.
>>
>> --Robin

I think for top-level pros, age-related decline manifests itself as the
player becoming a little less consistent. They can still be just as
good, just not all the time. And then, as the process accelerates (not
saying that has happened with Steph), the level of greatness they can
achieve slowly lowers.

--Robin

Re: That was one ugly performance

<sqjete$v2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3203&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#3203

From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 21:09:00 -0800
 by: Allen - Thu, 30 Dec 2021 05:09 UTC

On 12/29/2021 11:05 AM, David Farber wrote:

> Also, let's give some credit to the Nuggets. Their free throw defense
> was the best I've ever seen against the Dubs. :smh:
> --
> David Farber
> Los Osos, CA

LOL. I can't believe they missed so many free throws. Curry is going to
have a down game now and then, especially this game with the Warriors
not having other scorers to take the pressure off Curry allowing other
teams to focus hard on Curry.