From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: Guyton, Austin Johnson, Ogbonnia placed on PUP, but not J.C. Jackson
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 17:36:42 -0400
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.16
 by: Robin Miller - Wed, 26 Jul 2023 21:36 UTC

Daniel Popper @danielrpopper

WR Jalen Guyton, DL Austin Johnson, DL Otito Ogbonnia all placed on PUP
list.

12:10 PM · Jul 26, 2023

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1684234721805619200

Daniel Popper @danielrpopper

J.C. Jackson is on the field for the opening training camp practice
holding his helmet. Officially getting started here in about 5 mins.
11:56 AM · Jul 26, 2023

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1684231103736090624

Guilty As Charged Podcast @GACPodcast17

For some clarity on the PUP list: players placed there do count against
the roster but cannot participate in any practices until they are
activated from the list, which can happen at any point after they are
cleared to return to practice.

https://twitter.com/GACPodcast17/status/1684237505435172864

Re: Guyton, Austin Johnson, Ogbonnia placed on PUP, but not J.C. Jackson

<kie3poF79g6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3210&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#3210

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: Re: Guyton, Austin Johnson, Ogbonnia placed on PUP, but not J.C.
Jackson
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 22:40:51 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Thu, 27 Jul 2023 02:40 UTC

Robin Miller wrote:

> Daniel Popper  @danielrpopper
>
> WR Jalen Guyton, DL Austin Johnson, DL Otito Ogbonnia all placed on PUP
> list.
>
> 12:10 PM · Jul 26, 2023
>
> https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1684234721805619200
>

> Daniel Popper  @danielrpopper
>
> J.C. Jackson is on the field for the opening training camp practice
> holding his helmet. Officially getting started here in about 5 mins.
> 11:56 AM · Jul 26, 2023
>
> https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1684231103736090624
>

> Guilty As Charged Podcast  @GACPodcast17
>
> For some clarity on the PUP list: players placed there do count against
> the roster but cannot participate in any practices until they are
> activated from the list, which can happen at any point after they are
> cleared to return to practice.
>
> https://twitter.com/GACPodcast17/status/1684237505435172864

More on Jackson, from Popper today:

Jackson’s return and what it means

Back in June during veteran minicamp, Jackson vowed that he would be
ready to go for training camp.

He backed up those words Wednesday, participating fully in the Chargers’
opening practice nine months removed from a season-ending torn patellar
tendon he suffered in Week 7 last season.

Herbert tested Jackson early on that shot down the left sideline.
Jackson played Allen’s route perfectly and physically. That was his lone
noteworthy play of the day, but he was the starting outside corner
opposite Michael Davis in team drills. Wednesday marked his first team
drills since the injury.

“For him to go out there today and compete just, I think, says so much
about J.C. and our team,” Staley said after practice.

Staley added that there is “a long way to go” for Jackson to be ready
for Week 1.

“We have to ramp him up,” Staley said. “Just because he’s cleared to be
out there, that doesn’t mean that he’s cleared to play a full game. We
just have to make sure that we ramp him up the right way. But he played
well today.”

As for the three players placed on the PUP list, again from Popper:

The Chargers placed WR Jalen Guyton, DL Austin Johnson and DL Otito
Ogbonnia on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list on Wednesday.
Staley said he had no timetable on any of the three players. The
Chargers’ depth on the interior defensive line will be tested if Johnson
and Ogbonnia are not ready for the season. On Wednesday, Sebastian
Joseph-Day and Morgan Fox started with the first team, with Nick
Williams and Christopher Hinton rotating in.

--Robin

--Robin