From: rain...@colition.gov (Popping Mad)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Subject: that is not MLB
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 06:43:35 -0400
 by: Popping Mad - Sat, 15 Apr 2023 10:43 UTC

There has been a lot of distasteful changes to baseball in the last
couple of years, but this display by the A's is over the top. That was
not a MLB talented team and this is a standard that MLB can not live by.

This gets beyond the disscussions of tanking teams for a rebuild. That
team isn't even AA ready and couldn't compete with most major College
programs.

Re: that is not MLB

<u1k8sb$35qro$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3237&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3237

From: alreadyd...@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Subject: Re: that is not MLB
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 16:06:33 -0400
 by: *ernie - Mon, 17 Apr 2023 20:06 UTC

On 4/15/2023 6:43 AM, Popping Mad wrote:
> There has been a lot of distasteful changes to baseball in the last
> couple of years, but this display by the A's is over the top. That was
> not a MLB talented team and this is a standard that MLB can not live by.
>
> This gets beyond the disscussions of tanking teams for a rebuild. That
> team isn't even AA ready and couldn't compete with most major College
> programs.

Baseball, which has lost much of its talent pool to the other major team
sports, is now seeing the consequences of over-expansion. There are
going to be some teams (and the A's are one of them) that are just not
going to be equal to the level of their competition.

Re: that is not MLB

<u1l3c2$3gu$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3238&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3238

From: mrbrk...@panix.com (Ruben Safir)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 03:38:42 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ruben Safir - Tue, 18 Apr 2023 03:38 UTC

*ernie <alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/15/2023 6:43 AM, Popping Mad wrote:
>> There has been a lot of distasteful changes to baseball in the last
>> couple of years, but this display by the A's is over the top. That was
>> not a MLB talented team and this is a standard that MLB can not live by.
>>
>> This gets beyond the disscussions of tanking teams for a rebuild. That
>> team isn't even AA ready and couldn't compete with most major College
>> programs.
>>

> Baseball, which has lost much of its talent pool to the other major team
> sports, is now seeing the consequences of over-expansion.

We are also seeing the result of a generation of cable television access
to ballgames, inflated costs to equiptment, and just the erossion of
mindshare of baseball to the American youth.

Kids just don't play baseball day and night like we did and that is also
killing the talent. And baseball is allright with it because they
inport talent from the Caribian.

> There are
> going to be some teams (and the A's are one of them) that are just not
> going to be equal to the level of their competition.

Re: that is not MLB

<u23tvk$3tr8d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3246&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3246

From: alreadyd...@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 14:38:45 -0400
 by: *ernie - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 18:38 UTC

On 4/17/2023 11:38 PM, Ruben Safir wrote:
> *ernie <alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> On 4/15/2023 6:43 AM, Popping Mad wrote:
>>> There has been a lot of distasteful changes to baseball in the last
>>> couple of years, but this display by the A's is over the top. That was
>>> not a MLB talented team and this is a standard that MLB can not live by.
>>>
>>> This gets beyond the disscussions of tanking teams for a rebuild. That
>>> team isn't even AA ready and couldn't compete with most major College
>>> programs.
>>>

>> Baseball, which has lost much of its talent pool to the other major team
>> sports, is now seeing the consequences of over-expansion.
>

> We are also seeing the result of a generation of cable television access
> to ballgames, inflated costs to equiptment, and just the erossion of
> mindshare of baseball to the American youth.
>
> Kids just don't play baseball day and night like we did and that is also
> killing the talent. And baseball is allright with it because they
> inport talent from the Caribian.

A friend was telling me her grandson's high school dropped baseball,
supposedly for budgetary reasons (they retained all their other sports
programs). Apparently there wasn't much of a protest over the matter.

--
ernie k.
alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com