Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 13:43:00 -0800 (PST)
Subject: SF Chronicle - Warriors Beat
From: coac...@gmail.com (Donald Lee)
 by: Donald Lee - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 21:43 UTC

I believe I posted a few months ago that Connor had moved on from the Warriors beat to writing more "big picture sports articles" while former Warriors beat write Rusty Simmons was back on the Warriors beat. I though this was an interesting move. Sports beat writers have to travel a lot I assume. So it was surprising that Rusty would get moved back to the Warriors beat..

I don't know if anyone's been paying attention but most of the Warriors articles in the past month were written by Connor Letourneau (or others). I thought it was odd.

So I looked around this past week. Rusty hadn't written an article for the Chronicle since December. There was no tweets from his Twitter account since December 1st.

I asked around and didn't get any responses. Finally, connor posted on Twitter that the Chronicle was looking to hire a new Warriors beat writer.

So I assume Rusty Simmons has left the building and others are holding down the fort for now.

DL

Re: SF Chronicle - Warriors Beat

<eb73ef5f-b896-4b60-8dbe-7d6b26ca894en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3307&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#3307

Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 21:46:43 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: SF Chronicle - Warriors Beat
From: coac...@gmail.com (Donald Lee)
 by: Donald Lee - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 05:46 UTC

Quick update: Rusty Simmons changed his twitter handle and I saw his Linkedin profile says he's a former reporter for the SF Chronicle now.

So someone else new will take over the reins

DL