My way of joking is to tell the truth. That's the funniest joke in the world. -- Muhammad Ali

sport / alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets / Re: David Robertson trade means Mets??? season officially a failure

SubjectAuthor
* David Robertson trade means Mets’ season official*ernie
`* Re: David Robertson trade means Mets??? season officially a failureRuben Safir
 `* Re: David Robertson trade means Mets??? season officially a failure*ernie
  `* Re: David Robertson trade means Mets??? season officially a failureRuben Safir
   `* Re: David Robertson trade means Mets??? season officially a failure*ernie
    +- Re: David Robertson trade means Mets??? season officially a failurePopping Mad
    `- Re: David Robertson trade means Mets??? season officially a failureRuben Safir

1
David Robertson trade means Mets’ season officially a failure

<mcQwM.23107$KJXf.21996@fx05.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3332&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3332

Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
From: alreadyd...@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Subject: David_Robertson_trade_means_Mets’_season_official
ly_a_failure
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 10:24:16 -0400
 by: *ernie - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 14:24 UTC

https://nypost.com/2023/07/28/david-robertson-trade-means-mets-season-officially-a-failure/

Glad the tickets I had for this season were all earlier this year. For
the rest of the season, if I want to watch live baseball, I'll drive out
to Coney Island and see the Cyclones.

--
ernie k.
alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com

Re: David Robertson trade means Mets??? season officially a failure

<ua18fb$eui$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3333&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3333

From: mrbrk...@panix.com (Ruben Safir)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Subject: Re: David Robertson trade means Mets??? season officially a failure
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 20:29:31 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ruben Safir - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 20:29 UTC

*ernie <alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com> wrote:
> https://nypost.com/2023/07/28/david-robertson-trade-means-mets-season-officially-a-failure/
>

> Glad the tickets I had for this season were all earlier this year. For
> the rest of the season, if I want to watch live baseball, I'll drive out
> to Coney Island and see the Cyclones.

I don't know why they did this. If they want to compete next year they
will need Robertson

Re: David Robertson trade means Mets??? season officially a failure

<37wxM.38366$JG_b.28395@fx39.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3337&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3337

Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
From: alreadyd...@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 12:22:22 -0400
 by: *ernie - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 16:22 UTC

On 7/28/2023 4:29 PM, Ruben Safir wrote:
> *ernie <alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> https://nypost.com/2023/07/28/david-robertson-trade-means-mets-season-officially-a-failure/
>>

>> Glad the tickets I had for this season were all earlier this year. For
>> the rest of the season, if I want to watch live baseball, I'll drive out
>> to Coney Island and see the Cyclones.
>>

> I don't know why they did this. If they want to compete next year they
> will need Robertson

With Scherzer now gone, it looks like a full-blown fire sale. I don't
mind breaking up the team as much as I hate the idea that Billy Eppler
calling the shots.

Re: David Robertson trade means Mets??? season officially a failure

<uaeijb$nl4$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3343&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3343

From: mrbrk...@panix.com (Ruben Safir)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2023 21:42:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ruben Safir - Wed, 2 Aug 2023 21:42 UTC

*ernie <alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/28/2023 4:29 PM, Ruben Safir wrote:
>> *ernie <alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> https://nypost.com/2023/07/28/david-robertson-trade-means-mets-season-officially-a-failure/
>>>

>>> Glad the tickets I had for this season were all earlier this year. For
>>> the rest of the season, if I want to watch live baseball, I'll drive out
>>> to Coney Island and see the Cyclones.
>>>

>> I don't know why they did this. If they want to compete next year they
>> will need Robertson
>>

> With Scherzer now gone, it looks like a full-blown fire sale. I don't
> mind breaking up the team as much as I hate the idea that Billy Eppler
> calling the shots.

I don't understand trading Verlander or Robertson. those are not
replacable parts.

Re: David Robertson trade means Mets??? season officially a failure

<saDyM.8475$VzFf.1097@fx03.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3344&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3344

Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
From: alreadyd...@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2023 21:12:53 -0400
 by: *ernie - Thu, 3 Aug 2023 01:12 UTC

On 8/2/2023 5:42 PM, Ruben Safir wrote:
> *ernie <alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> I don't know why they did this. If they want to compete next year they
>>> will need Robertson
>>>

>> With Scherzer now gone, it looks like a full-blown fire sale. I don't
>> mind breaking up the team as much as I hate the idea that Billy Eppler
>> calling the shots.
>

> I don't understand trading Verlander or Robertson. those are not
> replacable parts.

I'm assuming they're aiming for 2025. Say one thing for Steve Cohen,
he's willing to realize the 2023 roster was a colossal mistake and
dismantled it immediately; bad press be damned. Verlander never got the
chance to prove himself, but Robertson did and did it well. He for sure
I'd have kept, in that I doubt they're aiming for last place next season.

Re: David Robertson trade means Mets??? season officially a failure

<uaf3i5$sb7$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3345&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3345

From: rain...@colition.gov (Popping Mad)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2023 22:30:24 -0400
 by: Popping Mad - Thu, 3 Aug 2023 02:30 UTC

On 8/2/23 21:12, *ernie wrote:
> , he's willing to realize the 2023 roster was a colossal mistake and
> dismantled it i

He was probably wrong about that though. Sometimes good teams just fail
to Jell or it takes time for them to Jell.

If there was any problem it was that Epler is not Sandy. This pitching
staff lost 3 front line starters and Lugo and several ballpen parts.
Epler puts nice shiney pieces on the board and forget the other 15
members of the roster.

If you want to really know what killed this team it was the complete
BUST of Peterson and McGill.

Re: David Robertson trade means Mets??? season officially a failure

<uajnd2$rr7$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3348&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3348

From: mrbrk...@panix.com (Ruben Safir)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2023 20:34:42 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ruben Safir - Fri, 4 Aug 2023 20:34 UTC

*ernie <alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm assuming they're aiming for 2025. Say one thing for Steve Cohen,
> he's willing to realize the 2023 roster was a colossal mistake

It was not. It was just an off year. It happens.

> and
> dismantled it immediately;

there is nothing they can develop, buy, or trade for that will be a good
as Verlander and Robertson