I would rather say that a desire to drive fast sports cars is what sets man apart from the animals.

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants / Re: Schoen giving Toney an out.

SubjectAuthor
* Schoen giving Toney an out.iommiRULES
`* Re: Schoen giving Toney an out.iommiRULES
 `* Re: Schoen giving Toney an out.*ernie
  `- Re: Schoen giving Toney an out.iommiRULES

1
Schoen giving Toney an out.

<01643045-c924-434d-869f-c549d59d2879n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3402&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#3402

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 13:30:01 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Schoen giving Toney an out.
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Wed, 4 May 2022 20:30 UTC

Heard Schoen on WFAN he Didnt get into specifics about the Toney absence but said "well it is voluntary and we understand things come up in players lives"...so apparently there was a reason he showed late.....lets just hope it wasn't Toney was in the studio laying down tracks for his new rap song!

Re: Schoen giving Toney an out.

<e8116762-45ab-45e2-a4f2-cd8034b9c779n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3403&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#3403

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 13:52:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Schoen giving Toney an out.
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Wed, 4 May 2022 20:52 UTC

On Wednesday, May 4, 2022 at 4:30:02 PM UTC-4, iommiRULES wrote:
> Heard Schoen on WFAN he Didnt get into specifics about the Toney absence but said "well it is voluntary and we understand things come up in players lives"...so apparently there was a reason he showed late.....lets just hope it wasn't Toney was in the studio laying down tracks for his new rap song!

Schoen also said it was made clear to Tyrod that DJ was starter he was back up...of course that could be subject to change depending on how Jones plays but looks like it is DJ's job to lose. It does seem like they have real hope for Jones and its not just a stop gap til they get "Their Own Guy" in.....in fact Schoen mentions the last thing they want to do....for any player at any position...is let them get away and go star for someone else...So seems like they think Jones does have potential upside still and they want to make it work with DJ before they think about plan B, even tho a lotta fans and talking heads have already written Jones off. I just go back to his rookie year with Shurmur when he seemed ahead of the curve and hope the Judge regime hasnt fucked him up beyond repair....

Re: Schoen giving Toney an out.

<t4vg1e$cr8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3407&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#3407

From: alreadyd...@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 23:24:30 -0400
 by: *ernie - Thu, 5 May 2022 03:24 UTC

On 5/4/2022 4:52 PM, iommiRULES wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 4, 2022 at 4:30:02 PM UTC-4, iommiRULES wrote:
>> Heard Schoen on WFAN he Didnt get into specifics about the Toney absence but said "well it is voluntary and we understand things come up in players lives"...so apparently there was a reason he showed late.....lets just hope it wasn't Toney was in the studio laying down tracks for his new rap song!
>
> Schoen also said it was made clear to Tyrod that DJ was starter he was back up...of course that could be subject to change depending on how Jones plays but looks like it is DJ's job to lose. It does seem like they have real hope for Jones and its not just a stop gap til they get "Their Own Guy" in....in fact Schoen mentions the last thing they want to do....for any player at any position...is let them get away and go star for someone else...So seems like they think Jones does have potential upside still and they want to make it work with DJ before they think about plan B, even tho a lotta fans and talking heads have already written Jones off. I just go back to his rookie year with Shurmur when he seemed ahead of the curve and hope the Judge regime hasnt fucked him up beyond repair....

If there is a question of who starts at qb, Schoen has already failed.
He had ton of capitol this off-season to address the issue if there was
doubt.

Re: Schoen giving Toney an out.

<dd7b7163-9768-4fbf-b675-101a6b2485cbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3410&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#3410

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 06:53:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Thu, 5 May 2022 13:53 UTC

On Wednesday, May 4, 2022 at 11:24:32 PM UTC-4, *ernie wrote:
> On 5/4/2022 4:52 PM, iommiRULES wrote:
> > On Wednesday, May 4, 2022 at 4:30:02 PM UTC-4, iommiRULES wrote:
> >> Heard Schoen on WFAN he Didnt get into specifics about the Toney absence but said "well it is voluntary and we understand things come up in players lives"...so apparently there was a reason he showed late.....lets just hope it wasn't Toney was in the studio laying down tracks for his new rap song!
> >
> > Schoen also said it was made clear to Tyrod that DJ was starter he was back up...of course that could be subject to change depending on how Jones plays but looks like it is DJ's job to lose. It does seem like they have real hope for Jones and its not just a stop gap til they get "Their Own Guy" in....in fact Schoen mentions the last thing they want to do....for any player at any position...is let them get away and go star for someone else...So seems like they think Jones does have potential upside still and they want to make it work with DJ before they think about plan B, even tho a lotta fans and talking heads have already written Jones off. I just go back to his rookie year with Shurmur when he seemed ahead of the curve and hope the Judge regime hasnt fucked him up beyond repair....
> If there is a question of who starts at qb, Schoen has already failed.
> He had ton of capitol this off-season to address the issue if there was
> doubt.

All you have to do is turn on the radio or TV....or read the comments section on the sports pages to know many want to get rid of Jones asap.....in fact i think the ONLY thing that saved DJ, being the Giants had not only one but TWO high picks this year....was it was the worst QB class in recent memory (at least on paper, and since only 1 was drafted before the third round probably in reality too). I'm pulling for him and my opinion is no he will never be a Mahomes or Herbert...but can he be the 2020's version of Phil Simms? Yes i think he can but he better have a good season or he will prolly be someone elses reclamation project.

And i guess you are talking about draft capital because they had zero Free agency capital. They are STILL trying to cut salary. So not only would any of the "name" QB's want to come here to a bottom of the barrel team, we couldn't afford them anyway and it would not make sense for the Giants even if we could. If DJ has another so-so year thats it, we draft a new guy and get a stop gap til he grows up. And i doubt DJ would be that stop gap or want to be.