The one sure way to make a lazy man look respectable is to put a fishing rod in his hand.

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys / Re: Weird but true - Cowboys 2022 pattern of losses & wins

SubjectAuthor
* Weird but true - Cowboys 2022 pattern of losses & winsobserver
`* Re: Weird but true - Cowboys 2022 pattern of losses & winsDLS S
 `- Re: Weird but true - Cowboys 2022 pattern of losses & winsobserver

1
Weird but true - Cowboys 2022 pattern of losses & wins

<cea77378-aee3-4e7a-84ce-f06a6989308bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3429&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#3429

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 10:50:17 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Weird but true - Cowboys 2022 pattern of losses & wins
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Mon, 9 Jan 2023 18:50 UTC

Disclaimer: The following has about as much
chance of continuing as does a redwood forest
showing up on Mars, but nevertheless, a writer
has noticed the following weird but true pattern
of Cowboys losses & wins in 2022:

---
January 9 2023

Irrational win-loss trend: Why the Cowboys
could be destined to win the Super Bowl

If you're a Cowboys fan who believes in
superstitions and will find any reason to
give yourself hope, you're going to like this
season-long pattern for Dallas.
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/if-dallas-cowboys-follow-this-season-long-pattern-theyd-win-the-2023-super-bowl/287-d60016b9-5b4a-41e3-b006-f506602083f1
---

[the disastrous loss to the Coms] continues
a trend that has been ongoing since the team's
first game of the season on Sep. 11, 2022.

The Dallas Cowboys have had a win-loss pattern
that goes as follows:

1 loss (to the Bucs, a disaster)
4 wins (including 2 playoff teams)

1 loss (to NFL's best team in 2022)
2 wins (including the NFL's worst team)

1 loss (in overtime to Packers, a team
that fell 1 game short of making it to
the playoffs)
4 wins (including 2 playoff teams)

1 loss (in overtime to the Jaguars, a
team that won their last 5 games to
make it to the playoffs)
2 wins

1 loss (Sunday against Washington,
a team that finished with 50% wins,
the loss the most disastrous of the
season)

So, what's next?

If the Cowboys continue this unexplainable trend,
they should (hypothetically) be in line for another
set of four wins.

Since Dallas has to play in the wild card against
the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Monday, those
(hypothetical) four wins would take them through
the entirety of the playoffs and include a Super
Bowl victory.

Congratulations, Dallas! (Insert winking emoji here.)

---

Comment: That's a funny far-fetched attempt at
unjustified optimism & I appreciate the writer's
effort but right now, I'm so disheartened by that
debacle vs the Coms that I have next-to-no hope
that the Cowboy will get back to their Super Bowl
winning ways this year.

As you can see from the above, the Cowboys 2
episodes of 4 straight wins only included 2 play-
off teams each time, not 4 which the Cowboys
would have to defeat to make it all the way to a
Super Bowl win.

https://www.google.com/search?q=far-fetched+meaning

--- --- ---

Re: Weird but true - Cowboys 2022 pattern of losses & wins

<6b3915c0-40c5-4476-81a4-1ec467630222n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3432&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#3432

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 16:40:38 -0800 (PST)
From: dls...@gmail.com (DLS S)
 by: DLS S - Tue, 10 Jan 2023 00:40 UTC

On Monday, January 9, 2023 at 1:50:18 PM UTC-5, observer wrote:
> Disclaimer: The following has about as much
> chance of continuing as does a redwood forest
> showing up on Mars, but nevertheless, a writer
> has noticed the following weird but true pattern
> of Cowboys losses & wins in 2022:
>
> ---
> January 9 2023
>
> Irrational win-loss trend: Why the Cowboys
> could be destined to win the Super Bowl
>
> If you're a Cowboys fan who believes in
> superstitions and will find any reason to
> give yourself hope, you're going to like this
> season-long pattern for Dallas.
> https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/if-dallas-cowboys-follow-this-season-long-pattern-theyd-win-the-2023-super-bowl/287-d60016b9-5b4a-41e3-b006-f506602083f1
> ---
>
> [the disastrous loss to the Coms] continues
> a trend that has been ongoing since the team's
> first game of the season on Sep. 11, 2022.
>
> The Dallas Cowboys have had a win-loss pattern
> that goes as follows:
>
> 1 loss (to the Bucs, a disaster)
> 4 wins (including 2 playoff teams)
>
> 1 loss (to NFL's best team in 2022)
> 2 wins (including the NFL's worst team)
>
> 1 loss (in overtime to Packers, a team
> that fell 1 game short of making it to
> the playoffs)
> 4 wins (including 2 playoff teams)
>
> 1 loss (in overtime to the Jaguars, a
> team that won their last 5 games to
> make it to the playoffs)
> 2 wins
>
> 1 loss (Sunday against Washington,
> a team that finished with 50% wins,
> the loss the most disastrous of the
> season)
>
> So, what's next?
>
> If the Cowboys continue this unexplainable trend,
> they should (hypothetically) be in line for another
> set of four wins.
>
> Since Dallas has to play in the wild card against
> the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Monday, those
> (hypothetical) four wins would take them through
> the entirety of the playoffs and include a Super
> Bowl victory.
>
> Congratulations, Dallas! (Insert winking emoji here.)

> ---
>
> Comment: That's a funny far-fetched attempt at
> unjustified optimism & I appreciate the writer's
> effort but right now, I'm so disheartened by that
> debacle vs the Coms that I have next-to-no hope
> that the Cowboy will get back to their Super Bowl
> winning ways this year.
>
> As you can see from the above, the Cowboys 2
> episodes of 4 straight wins only included 2 play-
> off teams each time, not 4 which the Cowboys
> would have to defeat to make it all the way to a
> Super Bowl win.
>
> https://www.google.com/search?q=far-fetched+meaning
>
> --- --- ---

the disastrous loss to the Coms] continues
a trend that has been ongoing since the team's
first game of the season on Sep. 11, 2022.

What?..

disastrous?

Idiot!

Tell us why you and other idiots think so!!
Why did they leave Dak in up to the last minute?

Secondary and others were replaced much earlier.

Re: Weird but true - Cowboys 2022 pattern of losses & wins

<57920a83-322c-4701-9d60-10a857f67650n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3434&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#3434

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 18:09:08 -0800 (PST)
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Tue, 10 Jan 2023 02:09 UTC

On Monday, January 9, 2023 at 6:40:39 PM UTC-6, dls...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Monday, January 9, 2023 at 1:50:18 PM UTC-5, observer wrote:

..> > Disclaimer: The following has about as much
..> > chance of continuing as does a redwood forest
..> > showing up on Mars, but nevertheless, a writer
..> > has noticed the following weird but true pattern
..> > of Cowboys losses & wins in 2022:
..> >
..> > ---
..> > January 9 2023
..> >
..> > Irrational win-loss trend: Why the Cowboys
..> > could be destined to win the Super Bowl
..> >
..> > If you're a Cowboys fan who believes in
..> > superstitions and will find any reason to
..> > give yourself hope, you're going to like this
..> > season-long pattern for Dallas.
..> > https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/if-dallas-cowboys-follow-this-season-long-pattern-theyd-win-the-2023-super-bowl/287-d60016b9-5b4a-41e3-b006-f506602083f1
..> > ---
..> >
..> > [the disastrous loss to the Coms] continues
..> > a trend that has been ongoing since the team's
..> > first game of the season on Sep. 11, 2022.
..> >
..> > The Dallas Cowboys have had a win-loss pattern
..> > that goes as follows:
..> >
..> > 1 loss (to the Bucs, a disaster)
..> > 4 wins (including 2 playoff teams)
..> >
..> > 1 loss (to NFL's best team in 2022)
..> > 2 wins (including the NFL's worst team)
..> >
..> > 1 loss (in overtime to Packers, a team
..> > that fell 1 game short of making it to
..> > the playoffs)
..> > 4 wins (including 2 playoff teams)
..> >
> > 1 loss (in overtime to the Jaguars, a
..> > team that won their last 5 games to
..> > make it to the playoffs)
..> > 2 wins
..> >
..> > 1 loss (Sunday against Washington,
..> > a team that finished with 50% wins,
..> > the loss the most disastrous of the
..> > season)
..> >
..> > So, what's next?
..> >
..> > If the Cowboys continue this unexplainable trend,
..> > they should (hypothetically) be in line for another
..> > set of four wins.
..> >
..> > Since Dallas has to play in the wild card against
..> > the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Monday, those
..> > (hypothetical) four wins would take them through
..> > the entirety of the playoffs and include a Super
..> > Bowl victory.
..> >
..> > Congratulations, Dallas! (Insert winking emoji here.)
..> >
..> > ...
..> >
..> > ---
..> >
..> > Comment: That's a funny far-fetched attempt at
..> > unjustified optimism & I appreciate the writer's
..> > effort but right now, I'm so disheartened by that
..> > debacle vs the Coms that I have next-to-no hope
..> > that the Cowboy will get back to their Super Bowl
..> > winning ways this year.
..> >
..> > As you can see from the above, the Cowboys 2
..> > episodes of 4 straight wins only included 2 play-
..> > off teams each time, not 4 which the Cowboys
..> > would have to defeat to make it all the way to a
..> > Super Bowl win.
..> >
..> > https://www.google.com/search?q=far-fetched+meaning
..> >
..> > *--- --- ---*

> What?..
>
> disastrous?
>
> [skipped insult]
>
> Tell us why you and other [skipped insult] think so!!
> Why did they leave Dak in up to the last minute?

As has been explained to you over & over & over
again, they were trying to win, they simply were
outplayed & outcoached by the Coms with Dak
& many others having their worse game of the
year, inexplicably/inexcusably. Fortunately, they
have a chance at atonement vs the Bucs.

> Secondary and others were replaced much earlier.

NO NO NO, the Cowboys secondary has been
decimated with Howell avoiding Trevon Diggs
& deciding to attack everyone & his brothers
at the opposite cornerback position.

As Mickey Spagnola documented that & the
offensive line as well as the abysmal play by
almost everyone on the team, especially Dak,
led to that disastrous momentum-sucking ...

.... finale. Spagnola is worried those problems
will continue & Tom Brady will tear apart the
Cowboys weak secondary.

Fortunately, the return of LB Vander Esch,
Center Biadasz, & DT Hankins will help but
it's doubtful that they'll have adequate play
from the cornerbacks manning the backfield
opposite Trevon Diggs.