From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: USA Today: NFL monitoring Chargers vs. Saints status as Hurricane
Hilary approaches
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 16:28:45 -0400
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.17
 by: Robin Miller - Sat, 19 Aug 2023 20:28 UTC

From Friday:

https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/2023/08/18/chargers-saints-nfl-preseason-game-hurricane-hilary-status/

Gavino Borquez
August 18, 2023 3:00 pm PT

The Chargers are set to host the Saints in a preseason game on Sunday,
but the NFL is monitoring the situation with Hurricane Hilary as it
approaches the West Coast.

“We continue to monitor the weather and will (update the situation) if
anything changes,” NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said Friday, per
NOLA.com’s Jeff Duncan.

There are no plans to cancel or move the game as of now.

The storm has intensified to Category 4, and Southern California is
under a tropical storm watch for the first time ever. No tropical storm
has made landfall in So Cal since Sept. 25, 1939, according to the
National Weather Service.

Kickoff is slated for 4:05 pm PT at SoFi Stadium.

Saturday update:

Nick Underhill @nick_underhill [Cover the Saints at
http://NewOrleans.Football @nofnetwork]

Saints game is staying on schedule, I’m told

12:59 PM · Aug 19, 2023

https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/1692944399217426934

--Robin

Re: USA Today: NFL monitoring Chargers vs. Saints status as Hurricane Hilary approaches

<8c7c03b3-0673-4a4c-8e8d-c03db15fd431n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3568&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#3568

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 18:03:25 -0700 (PDT)
Hilary approaches
From: phlas...@msn.com (phlash74)
 by: phlash74 - Sun, 20 Aug 2023 01:03 UTC

On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 1:28:58 PM UTC-7, Robin Miller wrote:
> From Friday:
>
> https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/2023/08/18/chargers-saints-nfl-preseason-game-hurricane-hilary-status/
>

> Gavino Borquez
> August 18, 2023 3:00 pm PT
>
> The Chargers are set to host the Saints in a preseason game on Sunday,
> but the NFL is monitoring the situation with Hurricane Hilary as it
> approaches the West Coast.
>
> “We continue to monitor the weather and will (update the situation) if
> anything changes,” NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said Friday, per
> NOLA.com’s Jeff Duncan.
>
> There are no plans to cancel or move the game as of now.
>
> The storm has intensified to Category 4, and Southern California is
> under a tropical storm watch for the first time ever. No tropical storm
> has made landfall in So Cal since Sept. 25, 1939, according to the
> National Weather Service.
>
> Kickoff is slated for 4:05 pm PT at SoFi Stadium.
>

> Saturday update:
>
> Nick Underhill @nick_underhill [Cover the Saints at
> http://NewOrleans.Football @nofnetwork]
>
> Saints game is staying on schedule, I’m told
>
> 12:59 PM · Aug 19, 2023
>
> https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/1692944399217426934
>

> --Robin

Interesting that both the Angels and Dodgers moved their scheduled home games tomorrow (against the Rays and Marlins respectively) to today, each playing a doubleheader. But the NFL won't cancel a preseason game featuring a bunch of players who likely won't be there when the season kicks off, or at best will be backups.

Michael

Re: USA Today: NFL monitoring Chargers vs. Saints status as Hurricane Hilary approaches

<kkg4dcFsmnmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=4073&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4073

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Hilary approaches
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 23:36:11 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Mon, 21 Aug 2023 03:36 UTC

phlash74 wrote:
> On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 1:28:58 PM UTC-7, Robin Miller wrote:
>> From Friday:
>>
>> https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/2023/08/18/chargers-saints-nfl-preseason-game-hurricane-hilary-status/
>>

>> Gavino Borquez
>> August 18, 2023 3:00 pm PT
>>
>> The Chargers are set to host the Saints in a preseason game on Sunday,
>> but the NFL is monitoring the situation with Hurricane Hilary as it
>> approaches the West Coast.
>>
>> “We continue to monitor the weather and will (update the situation) if
>> anything changes,” NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said Friday, per
>> NOLA.com’s Jeff Duncan.
>>
>> There are no plans to cancel or move the game as of now.
>>
>> The storm has intensified to Category 4, and Southern California is
>> under a tropical storm watch for the first time ever. No tropical storm
>> has made landfall in So Cal since Sept. 25, 1939, according to the
>> National Weather Service.
>>
>> Kickoff is slated for 4:05 pm PT at SoFi Stadium.
>>

>> Saturday update:
>>
>> Nick Underhill @nick_underhill [Cover the Saints at
>> http://NewOrleans.Football @nofnetwork]
>>
>> Saints game is staying on schedule, I’m told
>>
>> 12:59 PM · Aug 19, 2023
>>
>> https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/1692944399217426934
>>

>> --Robin
>
> Interesting that both the Angels and Dodgers moved their scheduled home games tomorrow (against the Rays and Marlins respectively) to today, each playing a doubleheader. But the NFL won't cancel a preseason game featuring a bunch of players who likely won't be there when the season kicks off, or at best will be backups.
>
> Michael

Did they even mention the weather conditions during the game? I skipped
the pre-game, but I didn't hear anything.

--Robin