From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: BANG: Warriors rookie Jonathan Kuminga flies under the radar in
Rising Stars Challenge
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 15:24:44 -0800
 by: Allen - Sun, 20 Feb 2022 23:24 UTC

Warriors rookie Jonathan Kuminga flies under the radar in Rising Stars
Challenge
Golden State Warriors rookie Jonathan Kuminga collects two points in the
Rising Stars Challenge
>Golden State Warriors’ rookie Jonathan Kuminga (00) shoots the ball
during the 2022 Clorox Rising Stars at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse on
Feb. 18, 2022, in Cleveland (Jason Miller/Getty Images)
>Golden State Warriors’ rookie Jonathan Kuminga (00) shoots the ball
during the 2022 Clorox Rising Stars at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse on
Feb. 18, 2022, in Cleveland (Jason Miller/Getty Images)
By SHAYNA RUBIN | srubin@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: February 19, 2022 at 1:47 p.m. | UPDATED: February 19, 2022
at 2:32 p.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/02/19/warriors-rookie-jonathan-kuminga-flies-under-the-radar-in-rising-stars-challenge/

Jonathan Kuminga flew under the radar in Friday night’s Rising Stars
Challenge, the first event of All-Star weekend in Cleveland. His Team
Payton, coached by Oakland native Gary Payton, lost 50-48 to Team Barry
in the first round of the showcase with Kuminga playing few minutes with
limited impact.

Kuminga, the Warriors’ 19-year-old rookie, shot 1-for-4 and 0-for-2 from
three point range with no assists and no rebounds off the bench.

Kuminga was a late addition to the showcase, filling in for an injured
Chris Duarte of the Indiana Pacers. Kuminga’s teammates included
Charlotte’s LaMelo Ball, Toronto’s Scottie Barnes, Chicago’s Ayo
Dosunmu, G-League’s Scoot Henderson, Denver’s Bones Hyland and
Minnesota’s Jaden McDaniels.

The showcase pitted four teams against each other in a tournament. In a
new format that added some intensity to the competition, the first team
to 50 points wins the first round, then the first to 25 points wins the
championship game. Warriors legend Rick Barry’s team went on to win the
four-game tournament behind an MVP performance from Detroit’s Cade
Cunningham, the first overall pick in the 2021 NBA draft.

Along with Payton — father of Golden State’s Gary Payton II — and Barry,
the other two teams were coached by Isiah Thomas and James Worthy.

>RELATED ARTICLES
Andrew Wiggins got the COVID vaccine and became an All-Star
Warriors’ Juan Toscano-Anderson finishes second in slam dunk contest
Warriors’ Juan Toscano-Anderson ‘playing with house money’ as the
dunk contest underdog
Kurtenbach: What the Warriors need to do after the All-Star break
Warriors collapse vs. Denver: What led to Curry’s mistake on the
final shot?

--
Shayna Rubin | Oakland Athletics reporter

Re: BANG: Warriors rookie Jonathan Kuminga flies under the radar in Rising Stars Challenge

<j7gsedFdkh0U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3473&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#3473

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Rising Stars Challenge
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 02:14:20 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Mon, 21 Feb 2022 07:14 UTC

Allen wrote:
> Warriors rookie Jonathan Kuminga flies under the radar in Rising Stars
> Challenge
> Golden State Warriors rookie Jonathan Kuminga collects two points in the
> Rising Stars Challenge
> >Golden State Warriors’ rookie Jonathan Kuminga (00) shoots the ball
> during the 2022 Clorox Rising Stars at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse on
> Feb. 18, 2022, in Cleveland (Jason Miller/Getty Images)
> >Golden State Warriors’ rookie Jonathan Kuminga (00) shoots the ball
> during the 2022 Clorox Rising Stars at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse on
> Feb. 18, 2022, in Cleveland (Jason Miller/Getty Images)
> By SHAYNA RUBIN | srubin@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
> PUBLISHED: February 19, 2022 at 1:47 p.m. | UPDATED: February 19, 2022
> at 2:32 p.m.
> https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/02/19/warriors-rookie-jonathan-kuminga-flies-under-the-radar-in-rising-stars-challenge/
>

> Jonathan Kuminga flew under the radar in Friday night’s Rising Stars
> Challenge, the first event of All-Star weekend in Cleveland. His Team
> Payton, coached by Oakland native Gary Payton, lost 50-48 to Team Barry
> in the first round of the showcase with Kuminga playing few minutes with
> limited impact.
>
> Kuminga, the Warriors’ 19-year-old rookie, shot 1-for-4 and 0-for-2 from
> three point range with no assists and no rebounds off the bench.

That's too bad. I was wondering how he had done.

--Robin