From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: 33-8?
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 23:06:51 -0500
Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.10.2
 by: Robin Miller - Mon, 28 Feb 2022 04:06 UTC

Was that the Dallas run to end the game? That's literally unbelievable,
except it happened.

I didn't see the game, other than the last two minutes. I was following
the score on my computer and tuned out when the Warriors had a big lead.
Intended to turn on the TV for the last few minutes to take in the win
and wow, what was happening?

I think the announcers said that the Warriors were 4-24 or something on
threes after starting hot.

--Robin

Re: 33-8?

<svivbr$89o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3489&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#3489

From: farberbe...@aol.com (David Farber)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Re: 33-8?
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 09:05:00 -0800
 by: David Farber - Mon, 28 Feb 2022 17:05 UTC

On 2/27/2022 8:06 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

> Was that the Dallas run to end the game? That's literally unbelievable,
> except it happened.
>
> I didn't see the game, other than the last two minutes. I was following
> the score on my computer and tuned out when the Warriors had a big lead.
> Intended to turn on the TV for the last few minutes to take in the win
> and wow, what was happening?
>
> I think the announcers said that the Warriors were 4-24 or something on
> threes after starting hot.
>
> --Robin
The easy answer is just to look at the box score.
https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401360736

They were 11 for 39 from 3 for the game. That's 28%.
They shot 60% from the free throw line.
OPJ had an incredible +/- of -17.
JP was 0 for 7 from the floor.
Steph was 3-10 from 3 (though he did have 10 assists).

When Dallas tightened their defense in the 4th quarter, the Dubs
succumbed to the pressure (a 13 point 4th quarter??) and then the Dubs'
defense went missing. From the 9:59 mark to the 1:30 mark they scored
*1* point. That's a drought of over 8 minutes without a field goal.

To summarize, they played the last 12 minutes like a second or third
tier team.

--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA