From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Will the Warriors win another game?
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 16:04:56 -0500
Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.10.2
 by: Robin Miller - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 21:04 UTC

They just look bad right now. None of the vets are playing to the level
the Warriors need to be able to compete for the championship.

Steph is good, sometimes very good, but no longer magical. I know he's
being double- and triple-teamed, but the slump has gone on long enough
that I think age has caught up with him. And, at the beginning of the
season Kerr was saying that Steph was playing the best defense of his
career, but I don't see that anymore.

I hate to say it, but Doncic is a much better player at this point.

Klay and Wiggins have regressed, Poole remains inconsistent, Iguodala
remains unavailable, and who knows what to expect from Draymond once he
returns. Looney is solid within his limits, but true bigs just overpower
him.

Porter and Bjelica looked so good at the beginning of the season. Now
Porter is less than half that player, and Bjelica is unplayable.

What a fall from grace it's been this season, after that terrific start.

The Warriors next four games are at Denver, home vs. Clippers, at Denver
again, and then home vs. the Bucks. All four games are nationally
televised, and they could lose all four. They're not even going to try
Monday in Denver, as Kerr has announced that Steph, Klay and Wiggins
aren't making the trip.

I really thought the Warriors were in the catbird seat earlier in the
season. Now they look like an also-ran. And their defense has completely
fallen apart.

Sigh. Kuminga and Moody look good, though, and there's always the
Wiseman hope.

--Robin

Re: Will the Warriors win another game?

<t04h00$n1k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3516&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#3516

From: farberbe...@aol.com (David Farber)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Re: Will the Warriors win another game?
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 00:50:08 -0800
 by: David Farber - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 08:50 UTC

On 3/6/2022 1:04 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

> They just look bad right now. None of the vets are playing to the level
> the Warriors need to be able to compete for the championship.
>
> Steph is good, sometimes very good, but no longer magical. I know he's
> being double- and triple-teamed, but the slump has gone on long enough
> that I think age has caught up with him. And, at the beginning of the
> season Kerr was saying that Steph was playing the best defense of his
> career, but I don't see that anymore.
>
> I hate to say it, but Doncic is a much better player at this point.
>
> Klay and Wiggins have regressed, Poole remains inconsistent, Iguodala
> remains unavailable, and who knows what to expect from Draymond once he
> returns. Looney is solid within his limits, but true bigs just overpower
> him.
>
> Porter and Bjelica looked so good at the beginning of the season. Now
> Porter is less than half that player, and Bjelica is unplayable.
>
> What a fall from grace it's been this season, after that terrific start.
>
> The Warriors next four games are at Denver, home vs. Clippers, at Denver
> again, and then home vs. the Bucks. All four games are nationally
> televised, and they could lose all four. They're not even going to try
> Monday in Denver, as Kerr has announced that Steph, Klay and Wiggins
> aren't making the trip.
>
> I really thought the Warriors were in the catbird seat earlier in the
> season. Now they look like an also-ran. And their defense has completely
> fallen apart.
>
> Sigh. Kuminga and Moody look good, though, and there's always the
> Wiseman hope.
>
> --Robin

Apparently Woj from ESPN has reported that Draymond's return is set for
7-10 days.
https://twitter.com/_Talkin_NBA/status/1500628643793485826

Let's hope his return re=energizes the Warriors and that he can still
play at an all-star level. That's a big ask but that's what it's going
to take if the Warriors are going to make a successful post-season run.

--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

Re: Will the Warriors win another game?

<j8nsjnFt37bU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3517&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#3517

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 21:16:20 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 02:16 UTC

David Farber wrote:
> On 3/6/2022 1:04 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>>
>> They just look bad right now. None of the vets are playing to the
>> level the Warriors need to be able to compete for the championship.
>>
>> Steph is good, sometimes very good, but no longer magical. I know he's
>> being double- and triple-teamed, but the slump has gone on long enough
>> that I think age has caught up with him. And, at the beginning of the
>> season Kerr was saying that Steph was playing the best defense of his
>> career, but I don't see that anymore.
>>
>> I hate to say it, but Doncic is a much better player at this point.
>>
>> Klay and Wiggins have regressed, Poole remains inconsistent, Iguodala
>> remains unavailable, and who knows what to expect from Draymond once
>> he returns. Looney is solid within his limits, but true bigs just
>> overpower him.
>>
>> Porter and Bjelica looked so good at the beginning of the season. Now
>> Porter is less than half that player, and Bjelica is unplayable.
>>
>> What a fall from grace it's been this season, after that terrific start.
>>
>> The Warriors next four games are at Denver, home vs. Clippers, at
>> Denver again, and then home vs. the Bucks. All four games are
>> nationally televised, and they could lose all four. They're not even
>> going to try Monday in Denver, as Kerr has announced that Steph, Klay
>> and Wiggins aren't making the trip.
>>
>> I really thought the Warriors were in the catbird seat earlier in the
>> season. Now they look like an also-ran. And their defense has
>> completely fallen apart.
>>
>> Sigh. Kuminga and Moody look good, though, and there's always the
>> Wiseman hope.
>>
>> --Robin
>>
> Apparently Woj from ESPN has reported that Draymond's return is set for
> 7-10 days.
> https://twitter.com/_Talkin_NBA/status/1500628643793485826
>
> Let's hope his return re=energizes the Warriors and that he can still
> play at an all-star level. That's a big ask but that's what it's going
> to take if the Warriors are going to make a successful post-season run.
>
> --
> David Farber
> Los Osos, CA

Let's hope so!